Old November 22, 2003, 18:15   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:06
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Turnchat 10 report
OK, we had only a couple of turns done here due to a lack of specific orders (it takes a lot longer when we have to discuss them in Committee), but we are progressing again!

Highlights:

We founded "Raiding Base" on the Southern island in 775 BC.

Thor's Sickle decided to travel to the West around Persia and South towards the island we see off our West coast.

We have another settler in Spanish Are Greedy ready ot head down and found another city.

That Egyptian Galley East of us appears to be heading for the Sth Isle too...

Report notes

800BC

Lots of Galleys mucking around..
Barb Galley ALMOST kills a Spanish Galley
Asgard builds settler
SOG's borders expand

Settler and Archer landed on the Sth Isle.
Slight workforce rearrangement so we have a new scientist (old one disappeared to join the settlers that left Asgard this turn).
Thor's Sickle with cargo of Makahlua the Valkyrie decides to travel W around Persia to get to that island we see off our W coast.

775BC

Looks like an Egyptian Galley is headed for the Sth Isle too.
SOG builds Warrior (named 'BigBadJonny')
City "Raiding Base" founded on the Sth Isle.
Attached Files:

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 22, 2003, 18:29   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Our homelands, c.775BC

Our Galley headed for the island W of us

Old November 22, 2003, 18:42   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Here's the chatlog...
Attached Files:
File Type: txt #civ3dem23nov0930-1130.txt (31.0 KB, 8 views)

Old November 22, 2003, 18:47   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Now we have some things to discuss, and I expect the Ministers to put some thread up in the next few days. Reading Jonny's SMC thread you can see we are with a very light military right now. We need more troops so we can actually start to plan an attack on the most likely targets - Spain. Also, we need to secure Horses/Iron for ourselves so we can build some DECENT units.

I hope this term we will be able to start settling the rest of our own island, and get to the West island and explore that. We are slowly moving towards Monarchy, which would help a lot with our tiles where we are losing out due to the Despotism penalty. Some of our cities are poised to be fantastic producers - Fields of Gold has that wheat floodplain tile irrigated and that gets it in excess of 5 food per turn! That would be great for fast workers or settlers. New Asgard is on 9spt, and with one extra pop point it will be able to do 2 turn Archers or Spears, and when we get the ability 3 turn Swordsmen and Horsemen. We should aim to get it to this level and keep it there.

Otherwise, generally settling more cities will help us maintain a larger army, until we get to the point where we HAVE to attack.

Old November 23, 2003, 07:31   #5
Ennet
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Prince

Local Time: 14:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We should try to hook up the horses on Sth isle.. and explore that island too, who knows what else good we might find, a source of iron or some Luxs wouldn't be too bad.
PS what grafic mod are you using MrWIA?

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"
Old November 23, 2003, 07:48   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I'm using a rather common mod - Sn00py's terrain mod. Although I haven;t found the variation former President and current VP Makahlua uses that shows continental shelf sloping away (!), you can find this one in the civ3 Files section of Poly. I quite like the look it gives the game.

Old November 24, 2003, 11:16   #7
Ennet
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Prince

ah, thanks a lot :-)

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"
Old November 24, 2003, 18:49   #8
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 08:06
In PTW, it's the 'greener' variant of Sn00py's (I just started a couple games to find it )

Sorry I wasn't there Sat but I and Mum had a date with Cap'n 'Lucky Jack' Aubrey (We went and saw "Master and Commander" It was quite good! )
Old December 19, 2003, 00:02   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:06

Weird. I can't download the save or the log. All I get is a blank page. I'm wondering if there's someone else with this problem...
Old December 19, 2003, 01:48   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Just downloaded them both Aro - not sure what the problem is, but I can email you them if you like.

BTW HI!!!!! Good to see you here, for no matter how briefly. Care to help me stir this forum into activity again?

Old December 19, 2003, 04:17   #11
Ennet
Prince

umm... now who would like this forum to be active? *cough*

Old December 19, 2003, 11:36   #12
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:06
Maybe my firewall... I'll try again.
Good to see you, MWIA and my other good friends here... I'm coming back slowly...
Old December 25, 2003, 20:22   #13
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:06
Aro, glad to hear from you.

It seems that sometimes, 'Poly now does an ad, when you are downloading an attachment. If you wait a minute or 2, it will start downloading. I had the same problem but it seems to work that way now.

E_T
Old December 25, 2003, 22:15   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Ah that. When downloading an attachment Poly will being up an ad first. If you look near the top of the screen that comes up after you click on the attachment, you should see a link to 'Continue', or something similar. Clik on it and your download will start.