Old February 2, 2004, 06:18   #91
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:06
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I agree with Tass. You should continue to sign with your Poly nick rather than your real name. If he catches on, oh well. If he doesn't though, then this whole espionage thing isn't our fault.
Old February 2, 2004, 10:21   #92
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Hmm....This is kind of bordering.....
Ok, I'll keep it in mind for next messages (if there will be at least).
Old February 2, 2004, 22:35   #93
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Is the message sended? Or is their a delay for some reason?

Sorry, a bit about this topic
Old February 2, 2004, 22:45   #94
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:06
IMHO we should stop now. Sure, we might gain, but it's unfairly, and kinda ruins the fun somewhat. It will harm our relations with them, and possibly with the Hive if they are told, and is dishonest. I don't know why he fell for it so well, it may be a trap, and some disinformation. Either way, I think stopping might be a good idea. Although if the rest want to continue, I will of course bow to them.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 2, 2004, 22:50   #95
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

So, for making sure I know how it happened and how far it has gone:

Maniac sended the message about how the Drones would feel of accepting PEACE members after conquest of their faction.

Buster thinks Maniac's message comes from PEACE, gives a response and sends later intel to Maniac about us.

Then the whole discussion starts in this forum of how to benefit from this, but it stays at that? Apart from what I just mentioned above nothing has been sended our received?
Old February 3, 2004, 05:53   #96
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
IMHO we should stop now. Sure, we might gain, but it's unfairly, and kinda ruins the fun somewhat. It will harm our relations with them, and possibly with the Hive if they are told, and is dishonest. I don't know why he fell for it so well, it may be a trap, and some disinformation. Either way, I think stopping might be a good idea. Although if the rest want to continue, I will of course bow to them.
How can it be dishonest? We did not pretend that we are PEACE - Buster didn`t read the end of the message. Is this our fault? If Hive founds out about it if will rather rethink about competence of Drones as a pactbrother. How can exploting someone`s stupidity be dishonest if we are not doing anything forbidden.
Old February 3, 2004, 06:42   #97
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

It is dishonest because when we realised they had made a mistake, we kept it from them. We have deliberately witheld information from them. What would be honest would be saying "I think you sent that to the wrong faction". I think it's a mistake of their's we're obviously exploiting. But since we're at war with them, I don't really have a problem.

Old February 3, 2004, 06:51   #98
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
It is dishonest because when we realised they had made a mistake, we kept it from them. We have deliberately witheld information from them. What would be honest would be saying "I think you sent that to the wrong faction". I think it's a mistake of their's we're obviously exploiting. But since we're at war with them, I don't really have a problem.
He didn`t send to wrong faction - he didn`t realize what faction we are!

And in war in love everything is allowed, but we are not in love with Drones.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:15   #99
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

He probably has realized it already, because he hasn't yet responded to my latest message.
Old February 3, 2004, 15:47   #100
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
He probably has realized it already, because he hasn't yet responded to my latest message.
Would it be better that we announce what has happened just in case he tries to blame us for spying?
Old February 3, 2004, 17:30   #101
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:06
Let him make the next move.

If he tells everyone then we point out how much of a fool he is and he is discredited.

If he tells the Hive secretly then he still looks folish to them.

If he hasent realized what he's done then this is best of all.

In any case we should remain silent, if we are lucky perhaps we can eliminate the Pirates before they conduct an exchange of Adaptive Econ and the Drones will be forced to trade with us for that tec.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 3, 2004, 20:34   #102
Maniac

How about EAF Drogue or another cyborg sends this message to the Drones?

Hello Foreman buster,

As you have probably heard, the Cybernetic Consciousness and Planet University of Technology have unified. This of course has implications for your war against PUT. Before PUT was a juicy target, and you were wise to attack it. But now this is no longer the case: we are prepared to defend the University with the full might of our military. Unlike PUT we have less pacifist builder instincts: instead we have shown ourselves to be formidable and capable tacticians in war.

However we are willing to forgive your previous probe actions against PUT if you stop them right now. We think doing so would be in your advantage, and continuing your current line of action would lead to a fruitless conflict for you. We can offer several reasons for that statement:

1> You have already stolen all technology there is to obtain from PUT.

2> If you would conquer a PUT base, you would be probed raped to death, as the tiny PUT continent is swarming with librarians. With our vast empire, losing one or even a couple of bases is worth it if we get infiltration and a few of your techs in exchange.

3> But the most important reason of all: A full-scale war between us would require many resources that could be spent elsewhere, and in the meanwhile the Hive would sit aside and laugh, seeing us fight while they grow even stronger and stronger. You may feel you have a firm pact with the Hive and think they'll be on your side, but remember that they made us the same promises they probably made you: permapact, co-operative victory etcetera... The Hive has shrewd diplomats, well able to set up other factions against each other while they remain out of shot because of their promises. Have a look at these recent Hivean PM extracts for example, sent after our CC-PUT unification:
Quote:
If you attack the Drones we will definitely help you. Then we can get our revenge. Don't even ask
Quote:
Doc:Int was a trade with the Drones, who got it by giving NonLinMath to the PEACE, I think. I'm not sure.

Its possible the Drones and PEACE are permapacted. I don't know.
Isn't it obvious that the Hive are just playing us out against each other, and that they have no intention of helping either of us?
Granted, in the recent past you have been able to cooperate much more with the Hive than us. But your heavy discussion with the Hive on who got to build the Cloudbase Academy for example shows that they may not have the same level of cooperation in mind as you might wish. And your cooperation was while you were a more powerful faction and thus a better trading partner than us. Now we have most likely become equally if not more powerful than you, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Hiveans switched allegiances to the faction that can give them the biggest benefits. So if I were you , I would very carefully watch your back, instead of storming ahead to try and attack PUT.

For these reasons we would like to offer you a truce. Hopefully we can again live peacefully side by side, and even form again a level of trust and come to cooperation, so that the Hive doesn't gain all the fruits of playing us out against each other.

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Prime Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
Member of the Motherboard of the CPU (Central Processing Unit: central government of the Consciousness-Planetary University)

Last edited by Maniac; February 4, 2004 at 15:49.
Old February 4, 2004, 05:19   #103
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Send it allready
Old February 4, 2004, 05:23   #104
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Maniac, just send it...

anyway what if the revelation wasnt a mistake? What if they are doing us a favor?

- Paul Valery
Old February 4, 2004, 16:03   #105
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Maniac, just send it...

anyway what if the revelation wasnt a mistake? What if they are doing us a favor?
What you mean? The slip of tongue message from Buster?

And what favour do you see in it?

For Maniac, if the message isn't sended yet, I agree to do so. All should be tried to stop a full scale war.
Old February 4, 2004, 16:15   #106
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

What you mean? The slip of tongue message from Buster?

And what favour do you see in it?

For Maniac, if the message isn't sended yet, I agree to do so. All should be tried to stop a full scale war.
Enter chat CPU room - you will learn about Laurentius`s theories.

Last edited by Illuminatus; February 4, 2004 at 16:23.
Old February 4, 2004, 16:35   #107
Maniac

I'm there.
Old February 4, 2004, 16:38   #108
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I'm there.
And I can't
Damn it why isn't there an easy installment!
Old February 4, 2004, 16:40   #109
Maniac

Installing it here took one minute.

Edit: message above sent, but the quotes of Jamski's PMs excluded.

Last edited by Maniac; February 4, 2004 at 20:11.
Old February 5, 2004, 11:35   #110
Drogue
staff

Has it been sent? If not, should I send it?

Old February 5, 2004, 11:42   #111
Maniac

Sent it yesterday.
Old February 5, 2004, 12:05   #112
Drogue
staff

thanks. Don't expect we'll see a reply for a while though

Old February 5, 2004, 13:52   #113
Maniac

Got one fifteen minutes ago. Send something back, or wait on a further reply of buster?

Re: Oficial message CC-PUT->Drones

Though I am not sure I agree on the strength evaluation, it is acknowledged that the cc / put fusion means we will need to re-evaluate our strategy.

On the Put incident as you have surmised we simply wanted to rip off some techs. The plane attack was made to get rid of probe defense rather than as the first shot of an invasion and FYI no invasion fleet has taken off heading for uni.

I will dicussing this matter with my teammates and let you know where we stand.

regards
buster
Old February 5, 2004, 15:21   #114
Drogue
staff

Either don't bother, or send one back saying "thanks for the honest reply, look forward to seeing what your team thinks" sorta thing, IMHO.

Or I can?

Old February 5, 2004, 16:10   #115
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

He is probably planning to pact with Hive and attack us.
Old February 5, 2004, 16:56   #116
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
He is probably planning to pact with Hive and attack us.
Probably, but if in the next turn that transport has redrawn, our diplomaty has done it's thing: winning time for our units to go north and producing sufficient defenses in PU (the C is not under threat on the moment )
Old February 6, 2004, 07:41   #117
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Probably, but if in the next turn that transport has redrawn, our diplomaty has done it's thing: winning time for our units to go north and producing sufficient defenses in PU (the C is not under threat on the moment )
But if he doesn`t...
Old February 6, 2004, 09:00   #118
GeoModder
Deity

... then Ragnarok has started. Luckily PEACE is almost finished. Perhaps after Pampalona is taken, our task forces should split to Atlantis and Calico.
Anyway, I'm almost hoping Buster takes Gold Coast. We can easily infiltrate him then
It would be to bad for losing that base, but our tech grabbing would be tremendous

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 6, 2004, 10:51   #119
Drogue
staff

Exactly. We probe rape him, and then take it back Unless he lands a lot of probes

But hey, we have enough, we're covered either way

Old February 6, 2004, 18:27   #120
GeoModder
Deity

mmm, yes? Haven't checked yet but those librarians have 2 movement points, yes?
Can't look now, end of my break and need to back to work.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario