Old February 7, 2004, 09:23   #121
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nope, all the probes of CPU all have 1 movement point, and thus none 2 MPs.

Anyway, the turn is with buster now, so I felt I should send at least something back to buster in reply to his latest message. This is it:

Quote:
Hi buster,

Glad to hear no invasion has started.
I hope to hear more from you soon after you've discussed with your team mates.

Greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Btw, should I in a next message also say something like "I hope that, besides not engaging in direct acts of war, you will also refrain from indirect acts of war such as sending infiltration information or military technology to our enemies."
Old February 7, 2004, 14:59   #122
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

Btw, should I in a next message also say something like "I hope that, besides not engaging in direct acts of war, you will also refrain from indirect acts of war such as sending infiltration information or military technology to our enemies."
Yes, certainly.
Old February 8, 2004, 10:28   #123
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Okay, though I already sent him a PM under the name Maniac, under my "true" identity of cyborg, he still sent me the following mail, apparently thinking I'm a pirate. Either buster is:
a) an absent-minded and unobservant fellow whose intelligence I start to doubt, or
b) someone who's playing really strange games with us. But I don't see at all what advantage he could get out of this.

The mail:

Sorry just realised I never answered you.

At this point we are busy getting built up.
The plane was just to clear out some probe defense so we could steal some
techs we needed.

At this point our resources are tied up mainly in keeping the pop boom
running - getting tree farms etc. built.and keeoping drone riots in check.
Diplomatic maneuvering is happening and we are course watching for any
millitary build up starting within uni and watching out for probeships and
such so I guess you could call it war but it is low intensity and we
realistically it will probably stay so for a while yet. Once we get fusion
units get significantly cheaper and if we can get a wiundow of say 10 turns
where we have fusion and they don't we should be able to mass ebnough units
and hit them before they have an effective response. I reckon we can be
there in about 25 turns or so.

Until then it is only if troop movements or production goes to a threatening
level that we will consider changing plans. Time is on our side so with
patience we will get there.

I know this is not much comfort to you in the current situation but if you
manage to get in reach we will do whatever we can to keep you alive
including sending planes or choppers for your defense.

Any news on the tech trade. I have sent you all the techs CC/Put has this
turn including DAP which uni is now getting. They are pre-accepted as I
thought you would want them fast. I expect you will respond by sending the
ones we requested (progen psych, nonlin math, dov initiative & adaptive
econ). I believe Hive informed you on this already.. CC is building PEG -
pity but that was to be expected they will still be usefull.

Good luck .

regards
buster

Notice btw "I believe Hive informed you on this already..". Either he's trying to set us up against each other, or the Hive is obviously lying about their cooperation with PEACE. I guess we could notice when we get the PUT turn, whether they have signed a pact with PUT, and whether they have received techs from PEACE.
Btw, do you guys think telling PEACE that the Hive sent us infiltration info on them could still prevent tech trades between those two? In other words, is it worth sending the message with our current knowledge?
Old February 8, 2004, 14:11   #124
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Errm I think he is trying to play with us - he can`t be so stupid.

I don`t think that will change anything- PEACE are desperate and they will use anyones help to survive.
Old February 8, 2004, 16:10   #125
Maniac

So what would be his goal? Convincing us that it would be a bad idea for us to start a military build-up?
Old February 8, 2004, 16:16   #126
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
So what would be his goal? Convincing us that it would be a bad idea for us to start a military build-up?
You said it yourself.
Old February 8, 2004, 19:03   #127
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac by PM of Buster
Any news on the tech trade. I have sent you all the techs CC/Put has this
turn including DAP which uni is now getting. They are pre-accepted as I
thought you would want them fast. I expect you will respond by sending the
ones we requested (progen psych, nonlin math, dov initiative & adaptive
econ). I believe Hive informed you on this already.. CC is building PEG -
pity but that was to be expected they will still be usefull.
I don't recall Buster asking on you as PEACE-Maniac about the techs mentioned above. Does this mean he has contact with the real pirates as well, and has found out his mistake, or is he sending PM's to all pirates as a matter of case? I'm just assuming that he thought you're his best contact now among PEACE.
This can be an indication that he has seen his mistake and actively tries to exploit it in luring us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac by PM of BusterBtw, do you guys think telling PEACE that the Hive sent us infiltration info on them could still prevent tech trades between those two? In other words, is it worth sending the message with our current knowledge?
Ah, I thought we informed PEACE about that already? Well, in case you're not the only 'pirate' were Buster has contact with and this tech deal is about to happen, send it through! Btw, if ithis deal is pre-accepted, doesn't that mean that PEACE can accept those techs and not giving anything back in return?
Old February 8, 2004, 19:12   #128
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Maniac
I know this is not much comfort to you in the current situation but if you
manage to get in reach we will do whatever we can to keep you alive
including sending planes or choppers for your defense./QUOTE]

I suppose this means we need to assimilate any base which changes production to a sea colony pod ASAP.
We'll even have to be on the lookout if Drones or Hive transfers energy to PEACE so they can force build a sea colony pod next turn. They cannot be allowed to escape!!
Old February 8, 2004, 19:25   #129
Maniac

Quote:
I don't recall Buster asking on you as PEACE-Maniac about the techs mentioned above.
Here in his first mail thinking I was a pirate, he spoke about wanting ProgPsych & AdapEcon. Don't know about anything else though.

Quote:
Btw, if ithis deal is pre-accepted, doesn't that mean that PEACE can accept those techs and not giving anything back in return?
Yes.

Quote:
I suppose this means we need to assimilate any base which changes production to a sea colony pod ASAP.
We'll even have to be on the lookout if Drones or Hive transfers energy to PEACE so they can force build a sea colony pod next turn. They cannot be allowed to escape!!
Indeed. Though personally I'm more concerned now about PEACE hurrying a missile or impact needlejet. All our units would be more or less sitting ducks.
Old February 9, 2004, 05:57   #130
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Indeed. Though personally I'm more concerned now about PEACE hurrying a missile or impact needlejet. All our units would be more or less sitting ducks.
Might be worth it then to steal energy from PEACE. That probe near Little Accident perhaps? Or the probe foil on its way north when passing Calico?

Btw, that missing boat from Atlantis last turn, if that one is on its way north, it might come in time by the Drones to 'conquer' a Drone seabase. Do we now if they have one? That way PEACE would be under the defense umbrella of the Drones.
Old February 9, 2004, 09:37   #131
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:06
Let's take out PEACE ASAP. That way they can't continue trading.

We need to either outtech Drones/Hive to Fusion and pop boom, or we need to hit them before they get it. We can put all the units under the control of one faction (CyCon?) and keep the other at FM, teching fast, while out units can still attack. That way we can cope with a war better than them. If we can attack the Drones, slow them down, and possibly take some bases, or at least soften them up for a major assult, then we stand a chance of beating them overall. Without the Hive joining the war, which I doubt, we stand a god chance of doing some damage.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 9, 2004, 09:52   #132
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Without the Hive joining the war, which I doubt, we stand a god chance of doing some damage.
They'll never sit idle if hostilities continue between PUT and Drones, that's for sure.
Old February 9, 2004, 10:27   #133
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

You reckon? Maybe after the join they won't, but I think they might do for a while. We could even try to get them to join us

Old February 9, 2004, 14:06   #134
Maniac

GeoModder:
Quote:
Might be worth it then to steal energy from PEACE
Hurrying by energy credits isn't really the problem: PEACE has very little cash. IMHO the risk is them using their crawlers to hurry a prototype.

Quote:
Btw, that missing boat from Atlantis last turn, if that one is on its way north
Previous turn it went southwest. We could see this as PUT is pacted with PEACE, and we could see in the "forces supported" box to which coordinates the ship was moving.

Drogue:
Quote:
Without the Hive joining the war, which I doubt
You reckon? Maybe after the join they won't, but I think they might do for a while. We could even try to get them to join us
*sigh* Drogue, you're still being blinded by HongHu's sweet words in the past. Show us any reliable sign that the Hive intends to cooperate with us.
I just opened the PUT turn btw a Hivean posted in the turn tracking thread. The Hive has cancelled the pact with CyCon...
Old February 9, 2004, 14:11   #135
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
I just opened the PUT turn btw a Hivean posted in the turn tracking thread. The Hive has cancelled the pact with CyCon...
The end time is near ....
Old March 2, 2004, 10:53   #136
Maniac

How about sending something like this to buster? IMO we have nothing to lose anymore, so it's worth the try.

Hello buster,

It is becoming more and more obvious that the CPU has no chance at all anymore to win this game. Therefore I recently started a thread in the CyCon private forum to ask what should be our goals for the remainder of this ACDG. This came out of it:

1> Survive as long as possible.
Just for the heck of it.
2> Focus more on roleplay.
That way the game could at least remain somewhat fun for us - being slaughtered for the next few months won't be.
3> Hurt the Hive as much as we can.
We haven't been able to cooperate with you as much as we would have liked to, but at least you haven't been lying to us from the moment we met. The Hive has. And as you may have noticed in the ACDG general forum, they're now busy inventing fictitious reasons to attack us in the near future. Therefore, though we realize we ourselves can't win anymore, we'd still like to try and deny the Hive victory in this game. As a consequence I was wondering if you wouldn't be interested in a solo victory? Surely that must be more appealing than a two-way-draw with the Hive? It could be done by us uniting behind you as Supreme Leader, or some other way - I'm certain something can be found if you're interested. We'd both gain by this. You win the game with a solo victory, and we still get satisfaction from repaying the Hive for the crimes they did to us.

I hope to hear from you soon about this,

Someone (perhaps better not me - who knows he's pissed off at me because he gave me some info while he thought I was a pirate)
Old March 2, 2004, 11:16   #137
GeoModder
Deity

I think, before something like this is posted, that a poll must be done if our members do agree to a drone victory. This is a real give-away. Btw, drones have started the CF SP.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 2, 2004, 16:22   #138
Drogue
staff

I agree with Geo. Poll it first. We have 3 options:

Don't send.
Send but double cross them.
Send and unite behind them, ending the game.

IMHO it seems like a plan. Or Pact them and offer them it. Ie, if they'll pact well vote yet to supreme leader.

Old March 2, 2004, 17:15   #139
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Yes, we need a poll.
Old March 3, 2004, 07:27   #140
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:06
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Before any of this, notice that buster recently posted tacit approval for the Hive's request we enter into negotiations. It seems clear thet they are against us in this too. I think we should send them a PM asking them (in non-gameplay terms) what they REALLY think of all this before proposing anything.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 3, 2004, 09:49   #141
GeoModder
Deity

Mm, it was a Drone who posted, but not Buster. You guys keep telling that Buster plays the Drones as PBEM, not as at team. So how much value do we have to give on the posting of this Drone message?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 8, 2004, 06:53   #142
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:06
We should not say that we feel we are unable to win the game, that would project weakness and encourage them to take the offensive against us.

I like the idea of privatly asking them what they realy think of this situation.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 18, 2004, 10:43   #143
GeoModder
Deity

In light of this message, my previous postings in the other diplomaty threads are moot now.

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
A fast working comission secretly appointed to avoid destruction of evidence by the office of the Governer to investigate whether the Cycon/Uni fusion are in compliance with planetary trust regulation has found that said fusion does not confirm with said regulation in that it will produce a "planetary egghead monopoly" and recommended that the fusion be broken up.

The planetary security council has consequently expelled the CPU and unanimously voted in favour of "Resolution 1" entitled "CPU asset redistribution"

A coalition taskforce jointly headed by a Hive and Drone general has been sent off to implement resolution 1.

Governor buster is reported to have stated:
"We are confident this will all be over well before Christmas".

2160 to Hive
PUT will be under attack, I suppose. Whether it is a joint attack on PUT by Hive and Drones remains to be seen. It could be that Hive pushes to Atlantis, while Drones push at PUT.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 12:35   #144
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

We should ask Buster whats up, likly he wont realy respond much as has been his habit (a disapointing one as this Game is suposed to be about interactin with people). Our best bet is to get the Hive to declare some kind of nutrality in regards to this likly Drone attack. We might be able to hold off the Drones if we have a 1 front war, a 2 fronter = CPU deleted.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 18, 2004, 13:13   #145
GeoModder
Deity

Hive/Drones can make the same calculations, Impaler. And Busters message indicates a joint attack. I don't think that Hive units will accompany Drone units their around PUT, but they sure as hell can press a front on the former PEACE territory.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 13:39   #146
Impaler[WrG]
King

We could Raze some of the most western PEACE bases if it looks like they might fall (of keep them at 1 pop so Hive razes it for us), that would force them to make and send out Pods before they could extend their Air Cover to more interior bases. Outside of Air cover our Navy would have the advantage and we could thus stall them that much longer.
Old March 18, 2004, 13:44   #147
GeoModder
Deity

Yes, I considered this tactic. For Atlantis it is no problem, growth takes place in what, 17 turns or so.

The main problem is still Crossbone Way. If Hive can place air units there...

But I suggest to stop putting money in hurrying RC's there. No use if Hive comes over for tea.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 15:12   #148
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

hmz...we will have to wait until we get the turn to see what the HIVE does...if they join in the attack i would like to suggest to destroy PEACE and destroy some bases close to the hive...and ask for a extension of our play turn
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 18, 2004, 15:18   #149
Impaler[WrG]
King

Jamski says that the Drones have comanded the Hive to attack us but they are considering disobeying, we will see when we get the turn. I have asked Jamski to tell us about the nature of the Drones military and ware they are vulnorable to Probes.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:13   #150
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
...and ask for a extension of our play turn
Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Jamski says that the Drones have comanded the Hive to attack us but they are considering disobeying, we will see when we get the turn. I have asked Jamski to tell us about the nature of the Drones military and ware they are vulnorable to Probes.
By PM I hope. I didn't realise he was an informant in some cases.

Also, he leaked about 4-5 bases taken. This means probably the whole north of Alecrast.

It's time to think of last PUT base defending, I think. Quick build an Aerospace Complex on Caboolture.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario