Old November 24, 2003, 19:30   #1
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 13:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thoughts
Ok Last I heard Roskvosky was supposed to play the turns then he was going to send them to me to check and update the sim which I was more than happy to do. Since then I have yet to hear from him. I am sorry to here he has left. I definitly agree with Kody and HongHu that we need to start completly fresh. My thoughts are as follows.

1. So far the active players that we have now as far as I can see are me, Jam and HongHu. Tassadar might be convinced to be more active not sure though.

2. We need to split up the work somehow, either by giveing certain people certain cities, giveing different people terraforming others war ect.

3. WE NEED TO START HAVEING WEEKLY MEETINGS WHERE WE DISCUSS STUFF AND STAY ON TOPIC!! This is essential!

I will help as much as I can, I can certainly take over some cities war or whatever, and I will show up for meetings, 10 GMT on Wendsdays works for me but not for HongHu so I think we should change the time. I can't call the meetings, voltaire should do that really or Jam (if he does take over for voltaire) but I will participate. Again I hadn't posted on the board because I was waiting for Ros.

Those are my thoughts, will keep checking the forum and answering email.

For anyone who needs to get in touch with me my msn is dacole@hotmail.com.

Glory to the hive
Old November 24, 2003, 20:35   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Re: Thoughts
Quote:
1. So far the active players that we have now as far as I can see are me, Jam and HongHu. Tassadar might be convinced to be more active not sure though.
And do what? Spam more?
Old November 24, 2003, 21:08   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:11
*cough* *cough* The coup failed, I'm still in charge. The Hive seems to be back up and running.

The ideas you propose have already all been said before over and over again, the problem seems to be getting people to do anything. I hope we have motivated people enough by the recent coup attempt to be active and participate in the decision making and turn running processes. This coming turn will be a test of whether people truly have gained knowledge of the lessons of last time.
Old November 24, 2003, 21:15   #4
dacole
Prince

Well when is the planing meeting? How are we divideing jobs? Glad to see you on the forum chairman.
Old November 24, 2003, 22:11   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
*cough* *cough*

Old November 25, 2003, 00:39   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:11

So glad to see you in the forum dacole! Tass is a god so he can't pariticipate and play for us dacole.

I couldn't agree more with you that we need to divide the roles.

I have an idea, please see if it could work. I believer we could have two active turn players (and one backup turn players at least). For every turn one of the two active turn player should play the turn, double check all his moves, and save a copy before end turn. The saved copy then can be posted in the forum where the other turn player and/or other interested people can download it, check for mistakes and get whatever info he needs. Then the second turn player press the end turn and post it to the public forum.

The important orders should be decided before the actual turn is played. Again I will present my proposal with everybody here. I think it may be good if Jamski and dacole can be responsible for teraforming and all the domestic affairs, Chairman and mead can be responsible for war affairs including defending attacks from worms and such, and myself and Micha, Oct can be responsible for diplomatic affairs. We will also be continuing the covert operation report.

Be responsible doesn't mean that we make all the decisions. Rather, it means we need to keep track of all the issues that needs to be solved, prepare options, and set up discussion thread and polls so that all people could participate in the decision. We could fine tune this allocation after we've seen how good it works.

Again, these are simply my thoughts. I'm not familiar enough with dacole and mead so I don't know if I have found your best interest. I'd appreciate if everybody could think about this and let people know what your thought is about this.

[Edit]Oh and also, I forgot to propose that Vander and Vev should be responsible for propaganda and public morale. Basically, they will publish Pravda and try nerve staple people when people mis-act or just don't act.

I also forgot another very important role. Somebody needs to see to the reseach beeline. Determine the next tech to research and issues related to tech trade and prototype trade. Determine the next tech to research involves determine the available tech list. You got to know which techs we have, how many techs we have, what we can get from Drones, what we don't need since we already have prototypes, what potentially we can trade for, etc. You need to closely follow what other factions have been researching and how far along they are and what is their possible next beeline. This is a huge job. I hope somebody will volunteer for it?

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; November 25, 2003 at 11:46.
Old November 25, 2003, 08:02   #7
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 14:11
Old November 25, 2003, 10:43   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

The turn is here. People, let's get to work! I'm ging to start some new threads now. Please post your idea there so that the turn player could follow you advice.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 13:32   #9
dacole
Prince

I agree that me and jam should take on the terraforming and base activites. Let me know what you need for war and such and I can take care of that. Good ideas Hong
Old November 25, 2003, 14:04   #10
Snowflake
Princess

Great dacole! At least we get some people who are actually going to work on the game. In Hive the people need to take initiatives for you never know which leadership will disappear on you.

I hope Mead can get in here in time.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 16:05   #11
dacole
Prince

Thanks chairman HongHu, glad to be of service
Old November 25, 2003, 16:13   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Please dacole, Jamski's tried this trick on me many times. He has yet to get rid of me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 16:19   #13
dacole
Prince

um not at all trying to get rid of you...someone has to do the job..
Old November 25, 2003, 16:25   #14
Snowflake
Princess

Look where the coup has gotten Jamski into: a cold and wet cell. And he was the Deputy Chairman. Me? A nobody. Not even a CCC member. I work for the party and I don't ask anything for return. And this is the trick to survive in the Hive. Trust me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 17:22   #15
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

/me shivers in his cold wet cell *

Don't do it Dacole, look what happened to me

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 25, 2003, 18:23   #16
Snowflake
Princess

I say you deserve it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 21:14   #17
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 14:11
lol, this is hilarious!
Old November 26, 2003, 06:31   #18
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Yeah, yeah, just laugh at me, yes that's fine

-Jam
Old November 28, 2003, 07:59   #19
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 23:11
Old November 28, 2003, 11:09   #20
Jamski
Deity

Why the party Vev? What is the party for?

-Jam
Old November 29, 2003, 01:29   #21
Snowflake
Princess

He was celebrating that justice had finally been served. Isn't it obvious?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 29, 2003, 01:32   #22
Snowflake
Princess

I propose that we make it a policy that the turn player should read other people's comments before he plays the turn. Also I propose we make it a policy that the upload of the save before end turn and a brief summary of the turn should be posted in the turn thread. To keep it relatively concise and to the point, turn chat could be posted in the turn chat thread to provide more info but for people who don't have time to read through MSN chats, the turn thread should provide the overall info.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 30, 2003, 10:16   #23
Jamski
Deity

I agree wholeheartedly, comrade HongHu

-Jam
Old November 30, 2003, 16:21   #24
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:11
Approved, carried, and passed. It's going to now be LAW.
Old November 30, 2003, 19:56   #25
Jamski
Deity

That means that anyone not following it can be put on trial

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 00:55   #26
Snowflake
Princess

and face questionning from the Supreme People's Judge HongHu.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 01:21   #27
dacole
Prince

personally I think the turn chats are a waste of time..any business that needs to be taken care of should be taken care of in the forum in the fourms for that section which are now toped thank the lord. Just my ideas though.
Old December 1, 2003, 02:07   #28
Snowflake
Princess

I agree. My opinion is that as long as we already have sufficient discussion of the turn, the turn chat could happen between two main turn players, just so that one could remind the other not forgetting something, and do not need to wait for other people.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 04:13   #29
Jamski
Deity

I thought our last turn chat was quite useful, but should be perhaps carried out with a checklist from the forum of what to do?

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 15:45   #30
dacole
Prince

Can't say about that one in particular as I wasn't there but the few I have seen seemed to get off topic all to easily.