Old November 25, 2003, 11:41   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Commission of Foreign Relations
This thread is created for discussions regarding diplomatic issues. People need to familiarize themselves with the following issues: (This is an initial list and should be amended and updated by everybody who has additional thoughts.)

1. Diplomatic relationship with other factions. Who are our pact brothers, who do we have a treaty with, and who are at war with us.
2. Trading with other factions. Gathering suggestions from the other department for our needs of techs and prototypes and see if we could find suitable trade that fulfills our need. Also following up other factions' proposed trade.
3. Maintain and update various Embassies. Convey diplomatic messages from and to the Hive.
4. Maintain the Covert Operations Report.

The discussion should happen here and the final desicion should be posted in the command and control thread by whoever is responsible for the CFR.

The diplomatic negotiation threads with other factions can be found here:
Drones
CyCons
PEACE
University

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; December 9, 2003 at 14:38.
Old November 29, 2003, 17:50   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Oct are you going to lead this discussion? What's happening with uni regarding trade of eco eng?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 30, 2003, 03:32   #3
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I'm just getting back into the swing of things, and haven't heard anything about a Uni trade. Care to fill me in on the details?

Yes, I can do what I can to lead whatever discussion occurs here.

Also, if you're curious, Kody's online on Apolyton's irc server in room #discus. If you're new to IRC, use the java applet who's link is on all forum pages, and once connected, type '/join #discus'
Old November 30, 2003, 12:02   #4
Snowflake
Princess

We have proposed a trade with uni: all of our techs and commlinks with their eco eng. I think they have never replied. They now have a scout on our land but we have not found it. It was Kody's turn that he found the scout and but he was writing to tell everybody about this and didn't get his turn in before Jamski. Maybe we should contact uni again just to see where things are. But we shouldn't act like we know about the scout since we are supposed not know that yet.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 30, 2003, 16:20   #5
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Ok, thanks. I'll start writing a message to the Uni, as well as organizing a structure for the Commission.
Old December 1, 2003, 12:05   #6
Snowflake
Princess

Are you going to post your message/idea here or in the Uni negotiation thread?

I do not really believe that uni would trade eco eng to us. We are about 3 turns away from it ourselves. Not sure if we could tell them this so that they would think the trade is beneficial to them since they would gain something and we are getting it soon anyway. Maybe just tell them we are at the point to getting it (without telling them the specific number of years) and any delay would lead to failure of the trade negotiation. If we get the trade before we finish it ourselves then we could switch to the next tech and finish it almost instaneously.

In this case the negotiation skills are very crucial. We need to let them feel that it is to their benefit since they are getting more techs while we would be getting the tech anyway by ourselves. Also they may feel they are in need of AP if they are planning to invade us. We should try foster this and let them laugh that we are supplying them what they are going to use against us and forget that we would get the next tech quickly and can almost catch up with them in getting enviromental economics.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 12:08   #7
Snowflake
Princess

They could get AP from the PEACE but depending on how deep their relationship is PEACE may want to milk them for more. This is another reason that we should try to trade with uni before PEACE trade with them or we declare vendette to them.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 13:40   #8
Snowflake
Princess

I have talked to the CyCon about the current Hive situation. Message posted in the CC negotiation thread. We still need to figure out the trade with them.

I have also conveyed our request of 3+ armor unit to the Drones. I will post the message in the Drones negotiation thread when I find it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 15:07   #9
Snowflake
Princess

Also who knows what's been happening with regard to PEACE? We are pact brothers after all. Shouldn't there be more going on?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 17:03   #10
Snowflake
Princess

CC's found out the Drone's Ambassy and made it public at CGN. I suppose somebody should contact PEACE and let them know we are still their friends (even if we didn't have an embassy with them). Maybe we even need to build an embassy for them, just as a gesture, even if it will not be used much.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 18:07   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:13
Very good point about PEACE, except they have never been very communicable (they were the ones that let the communications lapse), who do we contact?
Old December 1, 2003, 18:13   #12
Snowflake
Princess

I thought Flubber is their ambassador. I guess we can simply drop them a note of hello showing that we haven't forgot about them.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 18:20   #13
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Message sent to Flubber and Hercules:
Quote:
Greetings form the Human Hive, we would like to inform our longstanding friends and allies that the government of the Hive has retuned to normal, and we would like to resume our diplomatic relations with PEACE. If you have any offer please contact me personally, and I will communicate it back to the Hive on your behalf.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old December 2, 2003, 00:30   #14
Octavian X
King

Message to University's MinuteMirage and GeneralTacitus

Quote:
Greetings to the Staff of the Planet University of Technology!

First of all, I feel it appropriate to inform the University of the Hive's current situation. For the time being, I am the head comissioner of Foreign Relations. I ask that all communications be sent to either myself or Chairman Voltaire.

Secondly, we wish to revive previous discussions involving a trade of all our current techs and commlinks for ecological engineering. We hope that the University will act quickly regarding this deal, as we expect to have eco eng within the next few years.

Thank you,
Octavian X
Comissioner of Foriegn Relations of the Human Hive
Old December 2, 2003, 02:41   #15
Snowflake
Princess

So now we have Voltaire for PEACE, Oct for univ and me for CC. Do we need somebody to replace Kody for Drones?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 2, 2003, 16:47   #16
Voltaire
King

Reply form PEACE:
Quote:
Thak you for the message kind sir

I will contact my government and see what offers may be on available.

Flubber
Old December 2, 2003, 19:44   #17
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 13:13
Have you recieved a reply from the drones on our request for the 1-3-1 prototype? Need that asap and can easily give them the unit back after we have it for a turn. We are not asking for the tech right that would slow down our research to much to my mind.
Old December 2, 2003, 20:08   #18
Octavian X
King

As for the Drones, I'd much rather that someone who's better at SMAC than I handle them. HongHu, would you be willing to step up and go double duty?
Old December 3, 2003, 01:50   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Reply from buster:
Quote:
I will see how we can a get a 1-3-1 to you in one of the next turns. Currently we only have one but it is not far away.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 3, 2003, 01:51   #20
Snowflake
Princess

Yes Comrade Oct, I can fill in the blank until Kody's back for Drone's Ambassador.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 4, 2003, 01:40   #21
Octavian X
King

Many thanks, Comrade HongHu.

No response from the Uni as of yet...
Old December 5, 2003, 11:14   #22
Snowflake
Princess

Message received from CC regarding potential information trade. I'd like to have some discussion. Especially from CMC I would like to know if we would like to trade prototye unit for the info they needed. If so what unit do you recommand?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 5, 2003, 11:14   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Also of curiosity is that uni has approached CC for AP while we are offering them this tech.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 5, 2003, 23:41   #24
Octavian X
King

HongHu, if it isn't too much inconvience, next time we get a message from another nation, I ask that you post the whole message. Do the same when you send a message. This is for the benefit of all citizens.

Quote:
Greatings Honored Hivarian Diplomat, I bring a Comunicay from the Cybernetic Conciounus:

Cycon is interested in aquiring the F4 and F7 screens of PEACE. We are prepared to offer a sum of Energy Credits as we know you are currently uninterested in tecnologies. It should be know that this information like all information becomes inheriently less valuable the longer it is delayed in reaching us and it is vitavl to restart diplomatic relations and conduct the desired exchange whial it reamains mutualy benifitial.

Conserning PUT. They have asked us for Aplied Physics which they lack. We are hoping that we can get ecological Enginering from them in exchange, though this seems unlikly at best. We would much rather obtain Ecological Enginering from a trusted faction like the Hive then from a potentialy advasary, and we worry that PUT might start reaserching Military tecnologies once they have the Pre-Reqs. If you know what PUT is currently researching this could help us to perhaps mutualy exploit the situation somehow. Though we thank you for the offer PUT information is not currently required by our networks, though it might be desirble to aquire it at some later date. We were curious if the offer was tied into Votes or not and how you view the Vote issue.

Pacting as you know is not possible in the imediate future but we are hopefull it will be conducted as the earliest Possible convenience.
Old December 5, 2003, 23:49   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry I should have made it more clear earlier. I have posted it in the CC negotiation thread here. There's a follow up message also. And there's already some discussions about it. I thought that I should post individual faction related info in the thread of that faction so this thread can be used for coordinating things and not get things mixed up. But I could certainly post all future messages here if you think that we should use one thread instead of four individual threads for each factions. (btw there's some messages from Drones in the Drone's negotiation thread also in case you haven't see them.)

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 6, 2003, 03:47   #26
Octavian X
King

*Octavian kicks himself several times in the ass.
Old December 12, 2003, 16:33   #27
Snowflake
Princess

It is suggested that the Drones will call a governor election next turn (our 2150 turn). They'll have 49 votes we will likely have 60 votes. CC will likely to vote for us (23 votes) that'll make it to 83 votes. Uni and Miariam will likely abstain. If Roze vote for Drones because she is at war with us then Drones will get 91 votes. But she also might abstain. Should we contact PEACE and ask them to vote for us?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 12, 2003, 20:35   #28
Octavian X
King

Actually, it may be better if the Drones ask the Pirates to vote for us. It might seem rather brash of us to ask the Pirates, and they may be more willing to help out if another team is supporting us.
Old December 12, 2003, 21:05   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Well it may sound odd if the Drones do not ask PEACE to support itself. I mean they are going to vote for themselves after all.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 20:49   #30
Voltaire
King

What do the Drones think, we should agree beforehand on which of us should get the position of Planetary Governor, that way we are not in direct competition for it, but the others will still think we are.