Old November 25, 2003, 16:20   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 09:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Accelerated Production
Want to try this out. Anyone else play with it in standard games?

Seems like it will really spice things up in the beginning, but I'm afraid of what the medieval to modern times is going to look like with the production and growth boons.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 17:04   #2
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Local Time: 14:14
Don't have any experience with C3C yet (as it's not out in the Netherlands yet ), but I always use accelerated production in my PTW games. It speeds things up so that the game in general is shorter. This way you can reach space race victory without having to play a whole week the same game.
Lucilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 00:27   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Does it rush the research a lot, or does science still have a nice even pace? (i.e., am I going to be researching Stealth in 100 A.D.?)
Old November 26, 2003, 00:43   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:14
The AI will be at Stealth in 100AD (or a lot sooner than normal anyway). If you want to go slower, suit yourself.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 00:44   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:14
The reason I say that is the food box is halved. So growth of pop is twice as fast. Each new pop yields more commerce. Do the math to see how that will effect the progression of tech.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 08:12   #6
mimi
Warlord

I've tried it a couple times when I thought I wanted a quick game. It's great in that you rock along in the early game and think you're doing fine. Then you meet the AI who kicks your bottom.

And I do mean kicks... at least at monarch level.
mimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 09:52   #7
Tall Stranger
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
Warlord

I've played with accelerated production a couple of times, just to see what it's like, and it does speed up the tech gains, but not absurdly so. (i.e. no Stealth at 100 AD, at least not at Emp level).

I've heard some say that it makes the game easier for the human, but I haven't really seen any significant difference in the difficulty of a regular game and a game with AP activated. At the same time, I only played a couple of games with this option, so I can't say definitively one way or the other.
Tall Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 14:23   #8
Sarxis
Emperor

Well, so far in this Emperor level game, I'm at 500ad, and even though the AIs are doing well (my start sucked, with only me on a medium sized continent), they aren't flying through the techs absurdly. They are only up to Free Artistry.

The other thing is I have it on Raging Barbarians. I wonder if that has helped slow things down?

I wish that the food box wasn't also halved.