Old November 26, 2003, 17:02   #1
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 15:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Iraqi resistance home video
This video shows how Iraqi resistance fighters armed with shoulder-held SAMs hit an American cargo aircraft on it's way to Bagdhad Airport. The aircraft was damaged but managed to land safely.

For fast connections:
http://wwwb.aftonbladet.se/vss/strea...vdelningslage=

For modem connections:
http://wwwb.aftonbladet.se/vss/strea...vdelningslage=
Old November 26, 2003, 17:06   #2
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 13:16
Dude, didn't you hear? They are not resposible for that plane attack. They said they were but they are not. They were to far to hit that plane, it was scientificly proven.
The plane was hit by someother people.....which to my knowledge right now....are not known

Spec.
Old November 26, 2003, 17:07   #3
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:16
hurray for targetting civilian targets!
Old November 26, 2003, 17:08   #4
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 14:16
"Iraqi resistance" .
Terrorist scum, that's what they are. They're probably not even Iraqi, you know.
Old November 26, 2003, 17:16   #5
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf
"Iraqi resistance" .
Terrorist scum, that's what they are. They're probably not even Iraqi, you know.
My uncle wasn't a Finn, but I wouldn't call him a terrorist for going to Finland and resist the Sovjet invasion in 1939.

What worries me more is that SAMs like these might be used to attack civilian aircraft anywhere in the world.
Old November 26, 2003, 17:22   #6
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spec
Dude, didn't you hear? They are not resposible for that plane attack. They said they were but they are not. They were to far to hit that plane, it was scientificly proven.
The plane was hit by someother people.....which to my knowledge right now....are not known

Spec.
Something like this then?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	iraq-helicopter.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	58150  
Old November 26, 2003, 17:34   #7
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 14:16
Olle, I wouldn't call your uncle a terrorist either. But attempting to shoot down civilian aircraft is terrorism in my book.
Old November 26, 2003, 17:37   #8
Chemical Ollie
King

I didn't even know there were civilian aircraft flying to Baghdad. But on a second thought, there must be.
Old November 26, 2003, 17:43   #9
Az
Emperor

It was a civilian cargo jet. Imagine how many people would die if it would crash on the city. Imagine how many people would die if it was a passanger jet.

Goooooo resistance!!
Old November 26, 2003, 18:13   #10
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Re: Iraqi resistance home video
Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
an American cargo aircraft
Isn't DHL, the owner of the airplane, Belgian?
Old November 26, 2003, 19:27   #11
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
It was a civilian cargo jet. Imagine how many people would die if it would crash on the city. Imagine how many people would die if it was a passanger jet.
Yes, that's my point. It doesn't take much to create a new 9/11 situation by a co-ordinated attack with ten or so devices like this. A bunch of zealots with some hours of training and reliable cover stories could travel to any country and make the attack. They are quite easy to smuggle.
Old November 26, 2003, 19:28   #12
Chemical Ollie
King

I used the word "resistance fighter" because it is neutral and I did not know all details of this event. You can put in "terrorist" or "freedom fighter" depending on your personal preference.
Old November 26, 2003, 22:25   #13
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 09:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf
"Iraqi resistance" .
I heard a US trooper call them 'Freedom Fighters' during an interview while he was in Iraq. I just about died.
Old November 26, 2003, 22:35   #14
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:16
terrorists:

Attack civilians in an attempt to instill fear and or support of a cause, usually political.

Were they doing any of that?
Old November 28, 2003, 09:41   #15
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

The Iraqi guerilla targets both civilian and military targets. They are not entirely terrorists (or you'd have to call the shooting of helos 'terrorism' and I suppose you won't), but they do use terrorist methods in their array.
Old November 28, 2003, 09:45   #16
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I object to the use of the word 'home video'. I mean, it doesn't contain anyone getting hit in the nuggets with a baseball bat by a small child. Neither does it contain pet animals falling from high locations accompanied by goofy sound effects. Thus, it is not a home video.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old November 28, 2003, 12:32   #17
Bereta_Eder
Settler

That pic of the farmer is cult!
Old November 28, 2003, 12:42   #18
Chemical Ollie
King

Stefu, you are as wierd as always.

Paiktis, yes it's PC desktop material!
Old November 28, 2003, 12:47   #19
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 06:16
Re: Iraqi resistance home video
Quote:
This video shows how Iraqi resistance fighters armed with shoulder-held SAMs hit an American cargo aircraft on it's way to Bagdhad Airport. The aircraft was damaged but managed to land safely.
It was actually a civilian plane owned by the company DHL. DHL is a German owned multinational company involved in mail and shipping thus I don't believe it is correct to say it was an American cargo plane.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old November 28, 2003, 12:50   #20
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
What worries me more is that SAMs like these might be used to attack civilian aircraft anywhere in the world.

Where have you been? The plane attacked was a civilian plane and Al Qaeda has twice tried to shoot down civilian passenger planes using the exact same missile. Fortunately, the Arab scum are to stupid to realized a one pound war head is to small to down a four engine jet liner.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old November 28, 2003, 12:50   #21
Chemical Ollie
King

Mainic already pointed that out. I thought DHL was American.
Old November 28, 2003, 12:50   #22
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
The Iraqi guerilla targets both civilian and military targets. They are not entirely terrorists (or you'd have to call the shooting of helos 'terrorism' and I suppose you won't), but they do use terrorist methods in their array.
They ARE terrorists. You aren't half a terrorist or three-quarters of a terrorist (unless you are missing limbs ), you either are a terrorist or you are not. That said, the word "terrorism" does not mean "those actions that are performed by terrorists". So terrorists can do things that are not terrorism, like take a leak
Old November 28, 2003, 12:52   #23
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

Where have you been? The plane attacked was a civilian plane and Al Qaeda has twice tried to shoot down civilian passenger planes using the exact same missile. Fortunately, the Arab scum are to stupid to realized a one pound war head is to small to down a four engine jet liner.
Yes I know, but this was the first time they actually hit.
Old November 28, 2003, 12:58   #24
Oerdin
Deity

True.
Old November 28, 2003, 12:59   #25
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
They ARE terrorists. You aren't half a terrorist or three-quarters of a terrorist (unless you are missing limbs ), you either are a terrorist or you are not. That said, the word "terrorism" does not mean "those actions that are performed by terrorists". So terrorists can do things that are not terrorism, like take a leak
Who are "they"?
It seems there are two major anti-US armed groups in Iraq, Al-Qaeda-like jihadists and Saddam loyalists. While they share a common hatred for the invader, it is unclear (and doubtful) that they work together or something like that.
So far, the Saddam loyalists seem to have engaged in regular guerilla, hampering the western military effort by killing troops and destroying hardware. The jihadists seem to prefer attacking Civilian targets, as they consider fear as a most eficcient political weapon (=terrorism).

"They" is a bit too simple for a complex reality don't you think? And what you say may apply to individuals, but certainly not to a group of individuals, especially one that seems to have little central command.
Old November 28, 2003, 13:00   #26
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Who are "they"?
The people you were calling partially terrorists
Old November 28, 2003, 13:16   #27
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
it is unclear (and doubtful) that they work together or something like that.
It maybe unclear but I wouldn't say it is doubtful. In Lebonnon it didn't take very long for the Jihadists and the secular muslim forces to gain up against the Christians plus we have seen clear evidience that Syria's state media is actively trying to incite people to go to Iraq as terrorists. Is it really so hard to believe that Saddam is doing the same especially since Saddam pays the Jihadists (and everyone else) cash everytime they attack a western target?

Quote:
So far, the Saddam loyalists seem to have engaged in regular guerilla, hampering the western military effort by killing troops and destroying hardware.
You are wrong about this. Saddam does have his forces attack military forces but due to heavy cassualties they are shifting there focus slightly. The number one target now days is families of people who they believe are "collaberators". They consider policemen, elected members of city councils, religious leaders who haven't followed Saddam's calls for violence, and even school teachers to be high priority targets. Many times they go after these people by saying "quit your job or I will kill your family".

These aren't freedom fighters they are thugs and terrorists. Does anyone remember how they bombed the UN building and the Red Cross building in Baghdad?

The two groups are working together so it is very justifiable to loosely group them together. Sure the Jihadis have different ultimate goals from the Ba'athists but how does that change things now? It doesn't.
Old November 28, 2003, 13:26   #28
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
These aren't freedom fighters they are thugs and terrorists. Does anyone remember how they bombed the UN building and the Red Cross building in Baghdad?
The Ba'athists sure are thugs. But I was under the impression it wasn't them who attacked the Red Cross and the UN.

I wasn't aware of the family-harassing though. This is clearly a scare-tactics that can be called terrorism. However, such scare tactcs are different from usual terrorism, i.e. killing random people to scare the population as a whole.
Old November 28, 2003, 14:31   #29
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:16
Quote:
but they do use terrorist methods in their array.
What's a terrorist "method"? You can be a terrorist (attacker to instill fear and/or support of a cause) or not.

An analogy: A million people used Martha Stewart methods to cook their turkeys this Thanksgiving. Does that mean a million people are rich inhumans who illegally did insider trading of Imclone?
Old November 28, 2003, 14:55   #30
Pekka
Emperor

Chemical Ollie, your uncle was one of the volunteers? that's nice to know!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.