Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 15:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nuclear War II - Sign up
Basic rules:

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
MSN Messanger: a_grau @ hotmail.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you wont be auto-set to do something (I wont deflect for you, I wont stockpile for you, I wont do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who’s still missing to send orders, people can see who’s open to receive nukes, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders for 2+ turns in a row, you’ll lose 1 city per turn. Unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

Don't wait til last minute to send. If I haven't recieved the order when time's up, even though you have posted a "sent" msg post, I'll ignore it. And some days I might post the results early (if I know I'll be busy at the "normal" time) (Max a couple hours early)

You may post orders one turn in advance, like if you know you wont be online for the next 48 hours or so. More than one turn in advance wont be accepted

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 pm GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

Orders:

Perform Propaganda:
This takes one city away from an opponent and adds it to yours. You cannot perform propaganda on a country that has directly or indirectly (i.e deflecting nukes) been involved in a nuclear exchange with yours, or a country with the same government.

Launch Nukes:
The player can launch two nukes*. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player

Stockpile Nukes:
Instead of launching 2 nukes you can "ready" them for next turn and fire FOUR nukes next turn. This doesn't stack, so you can't waith 5 turns before launching an apocalyse of 10 nukes.

Deflect nukes:
When deflecting nukes to a certain player, each second nuke* will be sent to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
Each player has one bunker*. When used, ALL nukes gets destroyed (Not deflected). When used, the bunker is unavailable.

Train a new spy:
Just like it sounds. (Each nation starts with one spy)

Build City:
You get one extra city

Sabotage (Spy**):
When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used

Observe (Spy**):
When using a spy to observe a player, the other player gets information about the other player’s orders. The spy only dies if the other player is being nuked the same turn.

* Depending on Government
** Spy missions doesn’t count as orders for the round, but can be used together with another Order. Each spy can only be used once per turn (the more spies you have, the more spy-missions you can perform per round)

Governments:

You choose your gov. at the beginning of the game. To change you need a revolution, which takes a whole turn in which you can do nothing else. Governments are OPEN to the general community to see.

Democracy
Advantages : Progaganda is twice as effective - they lose 2 cities you gain 2 cities. You are immune to propaganda.
Disadvantages : You have to openly post all your orders (very open to spies) and you cannot nuke someone unless they nuked you first (deflections count as nuking from the person who deflected)

Communism
Advantages : You are immune to spies, and your spies are twice as effective (i.e. information on two opponents, or sabotage 2 opponents) You also have 2 spies at the start of the game.
Disadvantages : You cannot build new cities or preform propaganda.

Isolationalist
Advantages : You start with one extra city. You can use the "hide in bunker" three times. Your deflectors stop one extra nuke (i.e. they stop 1,2,4,6... while 3,5,7 will hit)
Disadvantages : You can launch only one nuke per turn. You cannot build new cites and you cannot use spies.

Millitarist Dicatorship
Advantages : You can launch 3 nukes per turn.
Disadvantages : You cannot perform propaganda, you cannot deflect and you cannot hide in your bunker.

Are there any rules you think is too strong/weak, or got a better idea, etc, feel free to post... The reason why I posted this before the other game has ended is because this should also be a "rule shaping" thread in case there's something that needs to be changed...

Mod: ADG

People in game:

Code:
Player name:		Government:		Cities:

Pave
Asmodean		Isolationalist
DrSpike
Skanky Burns
Azazel			Isolationalist		Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Beer Sheva
Sandman			Democracy		Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Jamski			millitary dictatorship	Lenigrad, Stalingrad, Moscow
GeneralTacticus
Pave			Communism		Heinola, Pavesia City, Helsinki
Spaced Cowboy		Democracy		Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton

Last edited by Adagio; November 28, 2003 at 14:43.
Old November 27, 2003, 10:52   #2
Pave
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power PBEMCall To Power SuperLeague
Prince

Local Time: 16:19
Sing me in.

And now to read the instructions.
Old November 27, 2003, 11:37   #3
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Yup...I'm in again

Asmodean
Old November 27, 2003, 13:14   #4
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:19
Yes I'm in.
Old November 27, 2003, 13:15   #5
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Asmodean >> Don't you use ICQ? I saw your number in your profile, but I haven't seen you online...

When signing up, please post your Government type, you can always change later (Before the game starts)
Old November 27, 2003, 13:26   #6
DrSpike
Deity

I'm not deciding govt type till the arguments about the govts have finished.
Old November 27, 2003, 13:31   #7
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Sure thing... it was also more aimed at those more silent types, who only posts the "I'm in" msg, and might not check out all the rule changes

If someone sign up, but never make the government choice, I might have to kick them out of the game (After warnings) or something?
Old November 27, 2003, 13:43   #8
DrSpike
Deity

I think at this stage someone should post something like:

If you join and miss multiple turns you will be removed, and 'overlooked' when setting up future games.

You do it ADG.
Old November 27, 2003, 13:43   #9
Asmodean
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Asmodean >> Don't you use ICQ? I saw your number in your profile, but I haven't seen you online...

When signing up, please post your Government type, you can always change later (Before the game starts)
I did...untill a couple of years ago, when I heard some nasty things about ICQ. Spyware stuff. I then immediately uninstalled ICQ, and have never used it since

I someone can confirm that the spyware rumors re. ICQ are false, I will download and install it again

Asmodean
Old November 27, 2003, 13:45   #10
Asmodean
Emperor

Re. my government:

I choose Isolationist

But I still say that we should play with the same rules as now + the "1 spy" rule.

Asmodean
Old November 27, 2003, 13:55   #11
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
But I still say that we should play with the same rules as now + the "1 spy" rule
You mean basicly the same rules as in last game, except for the new spy option?

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
I think at this stage someone should post something like:

If you join and miss multiple turns you will be removed, and 'overlooked' when setting up future games.

You do it ADG.
Well... I did include the "slow death" for those who doesn't send their orders...

But yes, if someone misses too many times, he'll be "overlooked"

This reminds me: Nuclear Master wont be playing this game. Too many times during last game he was missing in action (And it seems like he'll be missing in action this turn also)

Btw:
I wont make stories as in last game (Unless people starts objecting about this ), which also makes the need for city-names useless...
Old November 27, 2003, 15:01   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:19
Local Date: November 3, 2010
* This space reserved for Skanky Burns *

I'm in. Will have to choose govs after work though.
Old November 27, 2003, 15:04   #13
DrSpike
Deity

Work?
Old November 27, 2003, 15:28   #14
Az
Emperor

Azazel - Isolationist. The cities: ( Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Beer Sheva)
Old November 27, 2003, 17:33   #15
Sandman
King

I'll play.

Sandman: Democracy.

Cities: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:09   #16
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:19
The governments are screwed up. I'm not joining until corrections have been made.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:19   #17
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Sign me up for SURE if Tass ain't playing x200

I'll take a millitary dictatorship please, with cities Lenigrad, Stalingrad and Moscow.

I like the rules as they stand in the first post.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:28   #18
Az
Emperor

Yeah, well, communism is WAY too handicapped. I mean they can't either convert OR build cities. That's cruel.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:29   #19
DrSpike
Deity

Yes I agree, it's quite a realistic govt model.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:37   #20
Asmodean
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

You mean basicly the same rules as in last game, except for the new spy option?
I mean rules as they are in Nuclear War 1 + each country gets only 1 spy and cannot train more.

Asmodean
Old November 27, 2003, 19:55   #21
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Those poor communists, eh? Perhaps they should get "train spy" gives TWO spies instead of one? That would balance them more.

-Jam
Old November 27, 2003, 19:55   #22
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
Nice anti-communist troll. But I thought you weren't after realism...
Old November 27, 2003, 19:56   #23
Jamski
Deity

/me whispers *

Spikie IS a communist, I think he's joking, Az

-Jam
Old November 27, 2003, 20:19   #24
DrSpike
Deity

Hehe I joined the alliance because it was powerful. Free markets all the way.
Old November 27, 2003, 20:32   #25
Jamski
Deity

Mmmm free, my favorite price.

Oh, that's not what you meant?

-Jam
Old November 27, 2003, 22:00   #26
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 06:19
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

This reminds me: Nuclear Master wont be playing this game. Too many times during last game he was missing in action (And it seems like he'll be missing in action this turn also)

Government=Anti-ADG
Cities=ADG Sucks, ADG Stinks, and ADG Can Kiss My Ass
Old November 28, 2003, 02:05   #27
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:19
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sign me up, please. Cities and govts to be decided - although I agree with Azazel and Comrade Tassadar that Communism is very underpowered.
Old November 28, 2003, 03:04   #28
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Beef up communism and militarism and I'll join
Old November 28, 2003, 03:45   #29
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Those poor communists, eh? Perhaps they should get "train spy" gives TWO spies instead of one? That would balance them more.

-Jam
It's still not enough. A military dictatorship will take them out in what, one turn?
Old November 28, 2003, 03:50   #30
Nubclear

Personally I think spies are rubbish.
Considering I had already infiltrated your alliance, AZ Not that it did me any good

Though the blocking orders is nice.