Old December 16, 2003, 16:22   #331
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well, I was figuring that you, Asmodean, Spikey, Skanky, and Jamski were shoe ins. Need to find a few more psychos...err. I mean playaz.
Old December 16, 2003, 16:54   #332
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
Go on then sign me up too with a 100 points.

I assume that the first attack of each player is compared with the first defence etc etc...

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 16, 2003, 17:49   #333
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:21
Yeah I'm definitely in........this new version looks nice and juicy, and I owe Mr Skanky a black eye or 2.
Old December 16, 2003, 17:51   #334
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Jamski, yes

Spikey, you're in.

How bout a little recruiting?
Old December 16, 2003, 18:02   #335
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
How bout a little recruiting?
JOIN THE GLADIATORS GAME NOW!!

How was that?
Old December 16, 2003, 18:04   #336
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Maybe its time you got a sig finally Spaced?

-Jam
Old December 16, 2003, 18:10   #337
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Man this sounds fun..

Spaced: Will you set it up?

About scoring: What exactly did we end up with. does 0-0-2 constitute a hit on 1-0-1 or what??

Asmodean
Old December 16, 2003, 18:11   #338
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

I did have one, but I removed it in disgust.

"I dream of electric bovines" MoO3

That lasted for about 1 week after the game was released, and that long because I'm lazy.
Old December 16, 2003, 20:34   #339
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
Yeah I'm definitely in........this new version looks nice and juicy, and I owe Mr Skanky a black eye or 2.
With an invitation like that, how could I possibly resist joining?

New and improved orders sent.
Old December 17, 2003, 05:12   #340
Jamski
Deity

When can we expect a first round to take place? Can we manage it before Xmas?

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 06:54   #341
DrSpike
Deity

Well Xmas is going to be a tricky time for the games. I wont be here for a few days (and I suspect many will be busy), though I might be able to pop in every now and again.
Old December 17, 2003, 10:19   #342
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

I's be tough to start before X-mas, unless I just play it with the 5 of you as a trial.

I've also been thinking of adding known player stats for Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution. You get 30 points to distribute amongst the categories. These will be multipliers of your attack, dodge, and hit points (not power points) respectively.

For instance if you choose a character with S12 D10 and C8, then all your attacks are 20% more effective that means that a 10 on attack will actually be a 12, but your starting hitpoints in each competition will be 80% of the 100 base or 80 hitpoints.

Also in the mix is a rule that will not allow one to put more than 16 points in any category. Lastly these stats are public information and cannot be changed during the course of the tourney.

Anyhow, if you 5 are still interested, we can start the round robin today, skip the semis, and the top two will go right to the final.

I will post the result of Skanky versus ADG in a few.
Old December 17, 2003, 10:23   #343
DrSpike
Deity

As I said I'm only here for a little while, so I'm perfectly happy to wait whilst we recruit people, and kick the tourney off at the start of next year. All of the games should get a break I think, since many will not be able to post as often or even at all.
Old December 17, 2003, 10:27   #344
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I agree with a break, even though I will be here the entire time.
Old December 17, 2003, 11:30   #345
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I'm happy to wait til next year to start the game (Hoping more will join)

... I'll be here all christmas though... not going anywhere
Old December 17, 2003, 12:01   #346
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Yeah, I cannot see myself posting on the holidays either. He11, I can't even be bothered to post on weekends.
Old December 17, 2003, 12:08   #347
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
I will post the result of Skanky versus ADG in a few.
Old December 17, 2003, 12:33   #348
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Okay, I did not say a few (what). I was trying to think of some good stuff to put in the story, but since you are impatient.

Skanky and ADG in the bout to beat all bouts....the Poly Gladiator Championship cup of 2003.

Note (Spaced rules: 0 points attack beats 0 point defense)

Round 1:

Skanky and ADG approach each other with confidence beaming from their wins in earlier bouts. Both are wigglin' in their new fancy +1 refubished bodies and getting used to the +1 abilities.

Both contestants appoach each other for their initial attacks. ADG starts a weak swing at Skanky's shield and manages to slip under (was there any defense there?) the shield and slice open the back of his forearm like a guitar player strumming his instrument with a straight razor covered with catsup. I did not realize that there were that many tendons in the forearm, but at least it is not bleeding too much.

The end result is that Skanky is no longer able to hold his shield and it slumps to the ground as he begins his attack. Feeling quite limber without his shield, he starts his combo move with a roundhouse kick to the face of ADG, which he manages to block without a glitch.

What ADG did not see coming was the sword move that was the second part of the combo. As Skanky's leg was high in the air, his sword was low to the ground. As he completed his leg spin, he brought his sword up right between ADG's legs. "Oh, that has got to hurt," as ADG dropped to his hiney, leaving a bloody fold of skin and two unhappy looking nuggets under him in the sand. ADG slowly gets back to his feet, blood running down his legs, to start round two.

ADG has 6 points remaining, and Skanky has 9 points remaining. Things are not looking good for ADG at this point.
Old December 17, 2003, 12:43   #349
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Ouch... that hurt...

Sending next rounds orders in a few minutes...

Did he use 6 in attack and 6 in power?
Old December 17, 2003, 13:01   #350
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Okay, but I do not htink we will hear from Skanky til tomorrow, or maybe later on today.
Old December 17, 2003, 21:42   #351
Skanky Burns

Quote:
but since you are impatient.
Just teasing. And I went to sleep shortly after posting that.

Next move sent after posting this.
Old December 18, 2003, 10:14   #352
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome back again Gladiator fans to round two of the epic battle between Skanky and ADG.

ADG is still moving slowly after the devastating blow that Skanky delivered in round one. We only hope that this is not the beginnig of the end for poor ADG.

The two contestants circle each other waiting for the opportunity to strike. ADG sees his opportunity and raises his sword and bears down with all his might towards Skanky's exposed noggin. Shieldless Skanky brings his sword up in a blocking motion and manages to deflect the blow.

Once ADG's sword cleared the area, Skanky started a 360 degree turn and brought his sword up into ADG's chest. The damaged caused by the passing sword was not too extreme, but a small horizontal red river of blood remained on ADG's chest with tiny streams of red, flowing downward.

Once again the combatants part and prepare for round three.

ADG has 4 points remaining and Skanky has 9 points remaining. What's that? The Crowd seems to chanting, "Finish 'im off!"
Old December 18, 2003, 10:29   #353
Jamski
Deity

Yeah! Finish Skanky off!

-Jam
Old December 18, 2003, 10:33   #354
Skanky Burns

Oh, please have mercy.

Hey, waitaminute!
Old December 18, 2003, 10:40   #355
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Nooooooo!!!

/me searches for his pocket rocket launcher

Payback time
Old December 18, 2003, 11:14   #356
DrSpike
Deity

I wonder if Skanky packed his portable rocket launcher shield?
Old December 18, 2003, 12:56   #357
Skanky Burns

I never leave home without one!
Old December 18, 2003, 13:08   #358
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome back fans to the third round of competition between Skanky and ADG. All indicators point to a quick end for the people's champion ADG. Jimmea the Greek is only giving 25 to 1 odds on ADG being able to pull out a win.

Let's go down to our on field Egyptian comentator, Rah. "Well it looks like Skanky's first blow (did I just say that?) was the deciding factor, and ADG never has fully recovered from losing, well, err..his naughty bits. But on the plus side there are quite a few new prosthetics on the market today. On the downside, the arena vendors a reporting that the sale of hot salty nutacks is at an all time low. Back to you, Spacius."

The combatants begin to circle each other again looking for the other to make the first move. Again the crowd favorite, ADG, makes the first move. He swings his sword hard at Skanky's shield arm and manages to open a nice sized gash.

I do not know if it was even worth it though, because that action seemed to enrage Skanky even more. Skanky rushed ADG and plunged the tip of his sword just to the left of ADG breastbone with such force that the sword blasted out of ADG's back in a spritz of burgundy.

The gladiators separated and Skanky's sword was still burried deep in ADG's chest. ADG looked down at the sword, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth, and reached down and touch the sword as if he believe that it did not exist. ADG's eyes rolled back into his head and first he dropped down to his knees and then fell forward, pushing the sword deeper into his lifeless body.

The crowd chants "Skanky, Skanky, Skanky!" as they accept their new champion.

This concludes the Galdiator games of 2003. I will start a sign-up thread with the current rules (still subject to change and discussion) later on today.
Old December 18, 2003, 13:13   #359
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Well... a second place isn't that bad...

... if it wasn't because of that sword in my chest

Old December 18, 2003, 13:16   #360
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Well... a second place isn't that bad...

... if it wasn't because of that sword in my chest
In a sport where 2nd place means that you're dead, then only being the champion is good. But you'll get another chance in the next game.