So....Tass uses dodge = 10, huh??

Asmodean
Old December 4, 2003, 11:04   #122
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
He didn't attack at all? It's like fighting a big girl's blouse.........I propose we rename Tassadarius as biggirlsblousius.
Old December 4, 2003, 11:09   #123
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well, dodge of 9 since he only has 9 points to play with.
Old December 4, 2003, 11:13   #124
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Sorry NM, I went and gladiated a little white ball yesterday, but I'll be here all week now!
Old December 4, 2003, 11:21   #125
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 15:21
Ossus the Brute vs Asmodean the Varangian - round 2

Asmodean quickly pushed Ossus with his fork to the ground, and ran behind him, before Ossus could see anything. As Ossus got on his legs, he was attacked by Asmodean from behind, and because he was missing an ear, he didn’t hear it coming. Asmodean’s sword hit Ossus on his arm, removing some skin from his arm, losing 2 health… blood flew out of his arms, landed on Asmodeans hand.

As the Varangian wiped of the blood in his clothes, Ossus the Brute attacked Asmodean, in hope he could get an easy kill, but Asmodean managed to react in time, throwing Ossus to the ground…

… Asmodean now walks towards Ossus…
Old December 4, 2003, 11:24   #126
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Spacius vs Nuclarius Round 1
The feared warrior Spacius Cowdius, recently returned from his campaign in the western provinces looks ready to take on an army single-handedly. Thankfully, as his challenger is none other than Nuclarius the Brute, a captured leader of the barbarian hordes who reputedly killed 10 soldiers with a single swing of his mighty axe before being eventually overwhelmed. He is here today fighting for his freedom, or perhaps revenge.

The gates of the coliseum open and both warriors head for the center. With a howl, Nuclarius swings his sword and connects with his enemy. His inexperience with the sword shows, however, only doing 2 damage. Spacius takes advantage of the moment and lands a savage blow on Nuclarius's back. Blood spurts out of the open wound. Nuclarius realises that he will not survive another blow like that.

Spacius Cowdius - 8 hitpoints
Nuclarius the Brute - 5 hitpoints

EDIT: Thats one way to apologise, SC.
Old December 4, 2003, 12:20   #127
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Re: Spacius vs Nuclarius Round 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
The feared warrior Spacius Cowdius, recently returned from his campaign in the western provinces looks ready to take on an army single-handedly. Thankfully, as his challenger is none other than Nuclarius the Brute, a captured leader of the barbarian hordes who reputedly killed 10 soldiers with a single swing of his mighty axe before being eventually overwhelmed. He is here today fighting for his freedom, or perhaps revenge.

The gates of the coliseum open and both warriors head for the center. With a howl, Nuclarius swings his sword and connects with his enemy. His inexperience with the sword shows, however, only doing 2 damage. Spacius takes advantage of the moment and lands a savage blow on Nuclarius's back. Blood spurts out of the open wound. Nuclarius realises that he will not survive another blow like that.

EDIT: Thats one way to apologise, SC.
Oh and he drives one long and straight right in the middle of the fairway.
Old December 4, 2003, 16:55   #128
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 07:21
Vovanus Scipio Ursacius keeps circling his worthy opponent. He hears some strange mix of cheering and booing going on in the stands.

Vovanus momentarily takes his eyes off Tyndareus to take a look at what's going on. He sees Nuclarius the Brute, laying on the ground, bleeding. The barbarian is looking straight into the former roman legionnaire's eyes.

Vovanus laughs.

Nice one, Spacius! Show the savage how it's done in these lands.

He then turns his eyes towards another scene. Tassadarius is running 'round in circles like a girl, chased closely by Spikian. The scene is so hilarious, Vovanus can't help but comment:

Hey, Tyndareus, look at that. I think we should put on a show and help Spikian catch his little runaway. Let's cut off Tassadarus' retreat path!
Spore page
Old December 4, 2003, 20:49   #129
Skanky Burns

Spikian vs Tassadarius Round 5
Tassadarius, new sword in hand, returned to the battle. Realising his previous tactics didn't work, he decided attacking was in order. He brought his sword up high for a very powerful strike, giving his opponent an attack of opportunity too good to ignore. Spikian's sword lashes out with all haste, cutting into Tassadarius' torso for 2 damage. Then Tassadarius brought his sword down heavily on Spikian. Spikian twisted just so at the last minute to take the brunt of the force in his shield, taking no actual damage but being pushed back significantly.

Spikian of Physiciae - 10 hitpoints
Fratre Tassadarius - 7 hitpoints
Old December 4, 2003, 21:06   #130
Skanky Burns

Vovanus vs Tyndareus Round 2
Vovanus was perhaps distracted by the spectacle going on near him. His stike at Tyndareus is blocked.

Tyndareus lands a riposte while Vovanus is overstretched, scratching him for 1 point of damage.

Vovanus Scipio Ursacius - 6
Tyndareus Antleridus - 6
Old December 4, 2003, 21:11   #131
Skanky Burns

Spacius vs Nuclarius Round 2
Nuclarius the Brute stands looking dazed after the savage hit Spacius Cowdius inflicted on him previously. He sways slightly, struggling just to keep his balance.

Spacius Cowdius sees his advantage and strikes with a powerful blow. Nuclarius deflects the blow by instinct, but is still way too dazed to take advantage of his overstretched opponent.

Old December 4, 2003, 21:13   #132
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Grrr... I shouldn't get distracted.
Spore page
Old December 5, 2003, 05:24   #133
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
Go go gladiators! This is a great evening at the Colossium

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 5, 2003, 06:31   #134
DrSpike
Deity

Re: Spikian vs Tassadarius Round 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Tassadarius, new sword in hand, returned to the battle. Realising his previous tactics didn't work, he decided attacking was in order. He brought his sword up high for a very powerful strike, giving his opponent an attack of opportunity too good to ignore. Spikian's sword lashes out with all haste, cutting into Tassadarius' torso for 2 damage. Then Tassadarius brought his sword down heavily on Spikian. Spikian twisted just so at the last minute to take the brunt of the force in his shield, taking no actual damage but being pushed back significantly.

Spikian of Physiciae - 10 hitpoints
Fratre Tassadarius - 7 hitpoints
I hope the opponents are more skilful in the later rounds.
Old December 5, 2003, 07:47   #135
Skanky Burns

Vovanus vs Tyndareus Round 3
This is proving to be a very bloody fight.

Vovanus recollects himself, focusing on his opponent and not others in the ring. With steely determination he again clashes with Tyndareus, connecting with a solid hit. So determined was he to make sure he did damage to his opponent that he was not able to block the swift retaliation from Tyndareus. Both received 2 points of damage.

Vovanus Scipio Ursacius - 4
Tyndareus Antleridus - 4
Old December 5, 2003, 07:59   #136
Skanky Burns

Spikian vs Tassadarius Round 6
Tassadarius once again attempts a strong hit against Spikian, who was feeling perhaps overconfident up until this point. The swing is true, drawing blood.

Not one to let this go unavenged, Spikian takes another slice out of his opponent. Again, 2 points each lost.

Spikian of Physiciae - 8 hitpoints
Fratre Tassadarius - 5 hitpoints
Old December 5, 2003, 16:52   #137
vovan
Emperor

Oh man, this is a close one. Will this be the first match where both gladiators die?

EDIT: I mean the match between me and Vlad.
Spore page
Old December 5, 2003, 18:37   #138
DrSpike
Deity

Skanky can you chase Tass up on his orders so I can finish him quickly and give the crowd the blood they want.
Old December 6, 2003, 00:50   #139
Skanky Burns

Spikian vs Tassadarius Round 7
Spikian circles his opponent again. With a cry of "biggirlsblousius" he charges and with a mighty swing takes Tassadarius to within an inch of his life, doing 4 damage. But it was not without price, Fratre Tassadarius flinging his blade against the inside of Spikian's arm for 1 damage.

* Tassadarius staggers to one knee *

Spikian of Physiciae - 7 hitpoints
Fratre Tassadarius - 1 hitpoints
Old December 6, 2003, 00:51   #140
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

SPARE ME DRSPIKE AND ILL BECOME YOUR SLAVE In fact, you can battle me anytime you want to 1 HP to gain action points
Old December 6, 2003, 01:14   #141
Skanky Burns

Vovanus vs Tyndareus Round 4
Continuing the brutality, Vovanus again finds his mark with a swift slash. He manages to knock Tyndareus's sword out of his hand and then follows through. To his credit, Tyndareus attempts to block this attack with his shield but isn't quite fast enough, receiving a fair portion of the force to his upper torso. 2 damage.

Vovanus lets out a roar at his opponent who stands before him without a weapon. Again Tyndareus uses his shield, but this time it is thrust into Vovanus's face for 1 damage. The surprise allows Tyndareus to retreive his sword before Vovanus recovers enough to be a threat.

The two warriors again circle each other, both knowing they are close to death, both hoping to send the other to Valhalla first.

Vovanus Scipio Ursacius - 3 hitpoints
Tyndareus Antleridus - 2 hitpoints
Old December 6, 2003, 01:49   #142
vovan
Emperor

Ow... You broke my nose! <--- See?? Flat nose now! Damn you. Damn you to hell! You spoiled my perfect Roman profile! Why, now you deserve to die.
Spore page
Old December 6, 2003, 02:09   #143
Skanky Burns

Spacius vs Nuclarius Round 3
Still dazed, Nuclarius the Brute attempts another attack on Spacius which is easily swatted aside. Spacius pirouettes as Nuclarius charges past him, and brings his sword down hard across his opponents back. The crowd cheers, and Spacius Cowdius takes some time to bow to the crowd while waiting for Nuclarius to get back up from the sand.

Nuclarius the Brute - 3 hitpoints
Old December 6, 2003, 02:17   #144
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 06:21
I should have ran away Is it possible to do that?
Old December 6, 2003, 02:40   #145
Skanky Burns

I suppose you could concede the fight and, if shown mercy, be allowed to fight again another day. The rule is up to Jamski though, and the mercy Spaced Cowboy.

Running away in the fight as Tassadar did won't work for you at this stage - Spacius will catch you easily in your current condition.
Old December 6, 2003, 07:05   #146
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
SPARE ME DRSPIKE AND ILL BECOME YOUR SLAVE In fact, you can battle me anytime you want to 1 HP to gain action points
The mighty warrior looks to the watching multitudes.

Is it or ?
Old December 6, 2003, 09:03   #147
Skanky Burns

Vovanus vs Tyndareus Round 5
The two hardy warriors stagger towards each other.

Tyndareus Antleridus realises that the fight is already lost, but intends to die fighting. Disregarding his own safety he strikes out at Vovanus, getting in one last hit. For someone near death himself, Vovanus Scipio Ursacius's reply is swift and brutal, if somewhat underpowered. A slash across Tyndareus's chest proves to be all that he can take.

* Tyndareus Antleridus staggers to one knee *

Vovanus Scipio Ursacius - 2 hitpoints
Tyndareus Antleridus - 1 hitpoints

Another battle draws to a close as the crowd cheer both warriors bravery.

Quote:
The mighty warrior looks to the watching multitudes.
Yeah, where is Osweld?

Last edited by Skanky Burns; December 6, 2003 at 09:08.
Old December 6, 2003, 09:17   #148
DrSpike
Deity

I am mighty! You will pay for that crack oh centurion.

And you didn't vote or .
Old December 6, 2003, 09:31   #149
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Dont you want FREE constituion points?!
Old December 6, 2003, 09:44   #150
Skanky Burns

Nor did you vote when I had a similar dilemma.
Nor will I - I plead impartiality due to the fact that I ran the fight between the two of you.