Old November 29, 2003, 13:31   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Changing Base apearances
I resently discovered that a number of other people were suffering from the same problem I was, basicaly that when they open the save we and all other factions apear as the wrong factions. As far as I know only artwork and faction color are affected. I am glad to report I have found a solution.

The secret is to start a new single player game and select the factions for the game from top to bottom in the list as.

Hive
University
Belivers
Cycon
Pirates
Drones
Angels

This matches the order of the factions in the game and also the power graph. Aparently when you load up a multiplayer game it shows each faction as what ever faction was in that position in your last single player game. After you start the new single player game imediatly quit and load the multiplayer game and everything will display correctly. And if you dont load any other single player games it will remain that way even the next time you load terranx.

Hope this proves usfull, I know I love looking at our cool pyrimid bases and green tags a lot better then Morganic Yellow. Good luck, hope it works for yall.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old November 29, 2003, 20:08   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Crazy! What a strange bug.....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 30, 2003, 07:25   #3
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 14:24
Ah finally, I hated seeing those damn angel buildings all over our territory
Old November 30, 2003, 20:42   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:24
This problem can also be solved by manually opening the "Alpha Centauri.Ini" file in your main SMAC directory, scrolling down a little and copying this over the existing faction graphics set:

Code:
Faction 1=HIVE
Faction 2=UNIV
Faction 3=BELIEVE
Faction 4=CYBORG
Faction 5=PIRATES
Faction 6=DRONE
Faction 7=ANGELS