JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS

Only just figured that out!!? How long have you been on the OT?
Of course, the thing is that I truly believe 99% of what I say.
Old November 29, 2003, 20:22   #32
MOBIUS
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT

Of course, the thing is that I truly believe 99% of what I say.
Really? I'm impressed!

I thought it was 100% - so there is hope for you after all...
Old November 29, 2003, 21:06   #33
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:24
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I usually don't have that problem. People who try to cut in front of me often happen to collide with me, and due to the laws of physics, they come out a bit worse for it than I do.

And if someone (it's happened occasionally) actually tries to push me to get in front of me, they take an impromptu flying lesson.
I know, I let conservation of momentum do it's bit
Old November 30, 2003, 17:43   #34
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 06:24
this is just sad. Why can't we be a communist nation? That way everyone would be too poor to afford presents.
Old November 30, 2003, 21:28   #35
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:24
Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Only just figured that out!!? How long have you been on the OT?
Usually his trolls are quite pathetic (Like the "Anti-Eastern Europe" troll ) but this one was good.

And if you wish, JohnT
Old November 30, 2003, 21:38   #36
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 07:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Theben

Uh... the idea of 200 40 year old overweight moms duking it out with their snot-nosed brats in tow doesn't sound that appealing...
Don't give FOX any ideas for their next reality show.
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old November 30, 2003, 21:44   #37
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Diplomat, I find the vast majority of things that you write here to be repugnant on almost every level.

But that was the funniest thing I read all day. Cheers.
Old November 30, 2003, 21:59   #38
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

let this be a lesson to you gents.

For some reason western society considers mean to be shallow and women to value people over material objects. But I find just the opposite. It's always the women who are obsessed over material things and money.

Men only care about money because women do. It's advantages for us to care about money because most women dig men with lots of it. Yes many women bullshit themselves saying the prefer successful men because they are more confident- not because they have gobs of money.

Most women are shallow, materialistic wenches. there, I said it.
Old November 30, 2003, 22:38   #39
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Most women have a biological, evolutionary urge to ensure that they and their children are protected and cared for. Who do you think the average chick thinks is going to fit that bill:

1. A 24 year old kid who works night shift for $7.25/hour at the local Circle K

or

2. A 24 your old kid with a degree in something that sounds important, and pays better.

Old November 30, 2003, 22:42   #40
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:24
Quote:
They probably should've given her the damn DVD. A lot better pr than "we'll hold one until she regains her ability to shop."
I don't know how useful a DVD player would be if you're in a hospital bed.
Old November 30, 2003, 22:43   #41
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

yes but women are just as capable as men at making money. This is modern times. Women can take care of themselves. Why are they still so obsessed over rich guys and driving nice cars and wearing nice clothes?
Old November 30, 2003, 22:58   #42
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
yes but women are just as capable as men at making money. This is modern times. Women can take care of themselves. Why are they still so obsessed over rich guys and driving nice cars and wearing nice clothes?
Conversely, why are men so obsessed over girls who look good, dress attractively, and flirt shamelessly, an obsession that causes them to make comments like the following:

Quote:
I like the endings of most movies I have seen. Of all these movies the only way to make them better would be to have an orgy scene at the end with all the attractive actors and actresses.
'Cause it's nature, that's why. And you can't deny your nature - not if you want to remain sane, that is.
Old November 30, 2003, 23:03   #43
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

*grumbles about the forum quote feature*

okay you got me there
Old November 30, 2003, 23:12   #44
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Usually his trolls are quite pathetic (Like the "Anti-Eastern Europe" troll ) but this one was good.

And if you wish, JohnT
Thanks - I didn't see this yesterday, but my sig will change. And I appreciate you not forcing me to have sloppy spelling in my posts.

Yeah, the E-Europe thing was kinda silly - personally, I prefer trolls that come from the heart, not some cut 'n paste job. But I was lazy and decided to throw something out to see if I'd get a reaction.
Old December 1, 2003, 10:51   #45
Brundlefly
Prince

The Christmas spirit is alive and well in Orange City
Old December 5, 2003, 11:52   #46
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Update:

Appears the woman has a long history of personal injury claims, several of which have previously targeted Wal*Mart:

http://www.local6.com/money/2683654/detail.html

Quote:
In 1978 and 1982, more than $400 in worker's compensation was paid after she claimed injuries from being struck by a falling object and from slipping and falling while working as a machine operator at a now-defunct manufacturing plant in DeLand.
In 1984, she claimed a back sprain from working at a restaurant in Winter Haven, producing $356 in worker's compensation.
In 1987, she filed an injury claim against Deltona Lanes, a Volusia County bowling alley, after claiming she slipped and fell while bowling there. In a 1993 sworn deposition in another case, Vanlester testified she received a cash settlement from the bowling alley claim, but did not recall the amount.
In 1989, after her car ran off Interstate 4 in Volusia and overturned, she filed a claim against Big T Tire and Wheel Service, of Orange City, claiming the crash was caused by a tire blowout. She testified she received a cash settlement in that case, as well.
In 1991, she claimed to have slipped on a puddle of hand lotion while shopping for a curling iron at an Orange City Walgreen's, causing "permanent injury, disability, disfigurement (and) mental anguish." She filed suit in 1993, but it was thrown out in January 1994 after a 10-minute hearing. Walgreen's argued no one at the store had seen any liquid on the floor, so it could not be liable for failing to clean it up.
In 1995, Vanlester reported slipping and falling on liquid or grease while working in the meat department of a Eustis Publix, resulting in more than $1,200 in worker's compensation.
In 1996, she claimed to have slipped and fallen while working at the layaway desk of a Mt. Dora Wal-Mart, leading to more than $600 in worker's compensation payments.
In 1997, she claimed a back strain while working at the snack bar of an Orange City Wal-Mart that was replaced by the Wal-Mart Superstore where she claims to have been trampled last Friday.

Burk, the Wal-Mart spokeswoman, said she could not reveal exactly how much Wal-Mart has paid in medical expenses and direct payments to Vanlester as a result of her nine claims, but said the total was in the "thousands."
Old December 5, 2003, 12:11   #47
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 08:24
Hmmm...nope, sorry, too far between claims for too little cash -- and mostly workman's comp, at that.

I'd call her unlucky, but that's as far as I'd go.

JohnT, I'm as capitalist as the next guy, but I have to say that I agree with TEF's initial assessment.

...and they should have given her the damn DVD player.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old December 5, 2003, 13:20   #48
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:24
Its a fraud. She is a jumper. She has had over the past years nearly 20 tort claims, 10 of them against Walmart. (She was fromerly an employee there). His witness is her sister who has a similar but smaller record of claims.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old December 5, 2003, 13:23   #49
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
Hmmm...nope, sorry, too far between claims for too little cash -- and mostly workman's comp, at that.

I'd call her unlucky, but that's as far as I'd go.

JohnT, I'm as capitalist as the next guy, but I have to say that I agree with TEF's initial assessment.

...and they should have given her the damn DVD player.
You must be kidding. She's received thousands of dollars in settlement of claims. Nobody is that "unlucky," particularly when it comes to one particular chain of stores.

She's a scammer, it's pretty obvious.
Old December 6, 2003, 02:54   #50
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

damn, Boris beat me to the update. Women are greedy whores. There I said it. Okay not all women are like that, but a surprising large number are.