Old December 1, 2003, 01:31   #1
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 13:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Department of interior openings
The department of the interior needs you!

Ok takeing Voltares lead I am now instituting the department of the interior headed by meself. As such I need several assistants,

Population
Your job would be to assist on pop booming effectiveness

terraforming
basicly give advice on the best terraforming to be done, should we mine that rocky square or level it and plant a forest?

production
do we need more terraformers, what about city improvements?

Applications for the filling of these positions will be taken here, as part of the application please put in some of what you would do in the next two turns for the positions you are applaying for. Planning for the next turn needs to be done NOW!

all aplications will be looked at regardless of wether you just joined or have been here since the begining with no preference for either given.
Old December 1, 2003, 04:11   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Terraforming is
Something I can do quite well
If you want me to.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 1, 2003, 15:43   #3
dacole
Prince

I certainly would appreciate your help! From what I have seen of the terraforming plan you and kody made I am impressed. What moves would you make for the next two turns in that vein?

To further describe how I envision runing the department the assistents would make recomendations to me. I would make final decisions based on needs of other departments science ect and any responsibility for things that don't work would rest with me. As well I would serve at the pleasure of the chairman and he/she could remove me at any time.
Old December 1, 2003, 17:22   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Roads to get the 10 (?) pods in place pretty fast. At least enough food for each new base to feed itself (at size 3 remember)

I'll think about it a moment...

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 18:10   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:27
Dacole seeing as you have taken initiative would you be interested in heading Homeland Central Planning? Seeing as this Department would fall under their jurisdiction.
Old December 1, 2003, 18:19   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Roads to get the 10 (?) pods in place pretty fast. At least enough food for each new base to feed itself (at size 3 remember)

I'll think about it a moment...

-Jam
I wrote something and lost my message since this thread was locked for a couple seconds.

Anyway, more to think about:
For the new bases, in additon to food, are sensors planted? Police unit prepared?

For the old bases, do we still have a chance of pop booming through GA? If so which base and how to grow it into size 4? Maybe the formers should build more farms and condensors instead of building solar panels?

I had more thoughts but forgot now will write more later.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 18:21   #7
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:27
We need to ask ourselves if we will build the new bases at all. Why not simply recover our losses and have the pods join existing bases in need of a pop boost?
Old December 1, 2003, 18:29   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

That's a great idea there Chairman! For we could actually move several bases to start pop booming right the next turn. We need to plan very carefully before next turn to see which base are able to pop boom. We don't want to simply let those pods rejoin the base which produced them for that would mean we have wasted the turn(s) the base was building the pod. (I mean what can be more wasteful than spending minerals to produce a pod where 1 pop was unloaded to the pod only to rejoin the same base.)

Hopefully dacole and Jamski can work this out and present their result in the Homeland Central Planning thread for the turn player.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 19:23   #9
dacole
Prince

If the chairman sees fit I would certainly take on the homeland planning position, I would request new positons of ministrial rank or something eqivalnet be made and Jam fill the terraforming position.

Further discussion on what to do next turn should be continued here or in another post? Like the idea of adding the population to some bases. We might want to plant some of them though, have to look at kodys planning to see which cities we are missing.
Old December 1, 2003, 22:52   #10
Snowflake
Princess

dacole I think the homeland planning department and the terraforming department are one and the same.

I agree we should plant some of them. In fact I think we have already prepared some base sites.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 22:53   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Oh and also I would think the actual discussion should be in the topped thread so people can find it easily. This is the recruiting thread isn't it?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 2, 2003, 01:49   #12
dacole
Prince

Yes know they are was asking for a subsidary of the homeland planning department kind of terraforming section to be made as part of it with jam as head minister of terraforming or something that would report directly to head of homeland planning department..sorry for confusion will post further disscussion on toped thread.

Also would request that charges against jam be dropped and he be placed under my care as part of his paroal and given the positon of minister of terraforming. (should make for good role-playing potential)
Old December 2, 2003, 04:51   #13
Jamski
Deity

I've been freed to serve the party, so it looks like you've got what you want!

-Jam
Old December 2, 2003, 10:41   #14
Snowflake
Princess

You have to work for your postion this time. Don't expect people will let you sit comfortably in your large leather chair and do nothing. You have to earn the right for a position. This is to all the new Hive officials.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 2, 2003, 19:20   #15
Jamski
Deity

I'm doing it now. It will be a plan of Kodyesque proportions.

-Jam
Old December 3, 2003, 13:14   #16
Snowflake
Princess

Please untop this thread (or the homeland planning thread). I think we don't need two topped threads for the same subject.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 3, 2003, 13:32   #17
dacole
Prince

This was topped not to be a discussion area but to keep recuirtment up and increase the chance of positions actually being filled.
All further discussion will be in the homeland planning thread.
Old December 3, 2003, 14:13   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Oh I see so this will only be topped for a short period. My concern was that if we had too many topped thread, it may lose the purpose of topping a thread and may have the reverse effect of confusing people. Also the more topped threads we have the worse the thread black hole bug is.

I think as long as we have head officers for each department and a couple people who are working on each area we should consider the restruction rather successful. It may not be practical to expect many people to fill in each sublevel positions. For recruitment effort I would think the head officers should keep an eye on who actively participates in discussions in certain areas and contact him directly. I do not see a topped recruitment thread will significantly increase the chance of anybody working for any department.

Grapefruit Garden