Old December 1, 2003, 03:02   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Land Mark Names
I noticed recently that its imposible to make new land mark names, it says all 64 slots are used. Now I know their are only around 12 natural Land Marks so this means that the Human Factions have used up the remaining supply. Yet we Cycons have used only 1 Man Made land mark , so that means the other factions are using something on the average of 10 or more land marks

I realy dont think this is fair at all, we over at Cycon were thinking of naming a few of the nearby Seas and mountains and what nots, it adds a lot of flavor and can help comunicate geography.

I belive the non-natural Land marks should be divied up between the Human factions. They could also be traded and sold if your faction is Vain. I am hoping the that we can reach some kind of Equitable arangment and that everyone will volontarily restrict themselves to using their aloted Names, if not then hopefully Goglie will make the nessary changes.

Oh and by the way we know that a sertain un-named faction is using a "B" land mark to denote future base locations and we suspect they are using a dozen or more of them, this is realy a terrible and glutinous waste of Land Marks that could be used for role playing. Also its rather lame if you cant remember them or write down the cordinates
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 1, 2003, 03:45   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Unless someone else has taken up the same habit, I know you're referring to us, and when I took the matte rup with my team-mates a while ago, I was informed that we'd deleted all those landmarks. Therefore, unless they were lying to me or they've started doing so again, we aren't doing that any more.
Old December 1, 2003, 05:11   #3
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 08:27
It's not just the Uni, at least as far as our charts show - tho we are proabably partially responsible for the shortage

Hee.

Maybe our PEACE naming habits are a -bit- outta control, but we have to name oceans and islands - how th' )*^(*^*(% else can we read a map? Y'know how ()*^)(*^ confusin' it is to have to refer to a fleet plan as going from "That odd shaped isle west across the water to that other bigger isle" ?

It's 'ell for us [strike]Pirates[/strike] seafarin' folk....
Old December 1, 2003, 06:03   #4
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:27
"Let's send our army from the island around x.y to the sea near v.w. Build your bases on a.b, and watch out for the 'copter at m.n."

Saves having to name everything...
Old December 1, 2003, 06:45   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:27
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Unless someone else has taken up the same habit, I know you're referring to us, and when I took the matte rup with my team-mates a while ago, I was informed that we'd deleted all those landmarks. Therefore, unless they were lying to me or they've started doing so again, we aren't doing that any more.
I've downloaded the CyCon save file and advanced to the University...The "B's" are still there.
Old December 1, 2003, 10:15   #6
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
I was informed that we'd deleted all those landmarks.
I think the response was that those "B's" had been deleted on the sites where a base had been founded - and that is indeed the case (but the "slack" put back into inventory has been gobbled up by PEACE)

G.