Old December 2, 2003, 19:52   #1
MOAB
Settler

Local Time: 13:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior
I am trying to create a full earth scenario using the C3C editor but I cannot understand the "Flavors" tab even after reading the HELP information. I thought that it might be a way to lead certain Civs toward certain techs or wonders, which would be great but I am not sure. If my guess is correct how do I set it up.

Also what is a Bonus Tech. I could not find it in the HELP Index.
MOAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2003, 20:50   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:33
They can be used to just that. See the AU mod topics to find a discussion on flavors. Look in the strat forum.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2003, 21:01   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
Re: What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior
Quote:
Originally posted by MOAB
Also what is a Bonus Tech. I could not find it in the HELP Index.
Is that where the first to the tech lands you a freebie, or something else perhaps.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2003, 21:07   #4
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
The Bonus tech - > just look what happens when you're the first one to research Philo.. that's it

Flavors -> I recommend to open the "Age of Discovery" scenario in the editor and watch for your self what's the use of the flavors..

Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2003, 13:22   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Re: What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior
Quote:
I am trying to create a full earth scenario using the C3C editor but I cannot understand the "Flavors" tab even after reading the HELP information. I thought that it might be a way to lead certain Civs toward certain techs or wonders, which would be great but I am not sure. If my guess is correct how do I set it up.
You've got it right. What I've done is assign a flavor for each attribute, except Expansionist. Then assigned an appropriate flavor for the buildings and techs. I think Militaristic is Flavor 1, so Barracks will be flagged Flavor 1 as well. That should make a Militaristic civ more inclined to build that instead of a Temple, since I've given Religious only a 25% relationship with Militaristic.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 10:30   #6
MOAB
Settler

Local Time: 13:33
Can I have as a "Flavor" a civilization such as China and have a 100% relationship with The Great Wall. Also, there are two columns under Flavors and when I type something in one column it also shows up in the second column. Therefore, if I type China in the left column it also appears in the right column and I do not know how to make the two columns different.
MOAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2003, 14:34   #7
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Quote:
Can I have as a "Flavor" a civilization such as China and have a 100% relationship with The Great Wall.
Sure. Just give China and the Great Wall the same flavor. It will be 100% relationship.

Quote:
Also, there are two columns under Flavors and when I type something in one column it also shows up in the second column. Therefore, if I type China in the left column it also appears in the right column and I do not know how to make the two columns different.
You can't make them different, there's only 7 flavors. As soon as you assign a name to one side of the list, it will appear in the other. That shows you when there's a 1005 relationship. All others will be 50%, unless you change the values.

You can't be very specific with flavors, like you seem to want to do. Its' a very general thing. The best you can do is give one flavor to any Oriental race, then assign the same one to the Great Wall.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote