Old December 11, 2003, 03:47   #31
Kilian Vassar
Settler

Local Time: 14:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dacole and Sebed, I need your e-mail! You got 30 hours left.

average erosion then.
We're playing with the original SMAC, I've downloaded the newest patch from www.firaxis.com . If you could find us a CMN, Lazerus, I would be very happy.

-KV
,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State
Old December 11, 2003, 11:01   #32
Kilian Vassar
Settler

Sebed - Morganites - xxsebed@poczta.onet.pl
got it
Dacole (Peacekeepers) I need your e-mail. If you don't report in within 24 hours I'll have to scrap you .
Let's gather now, all, and prepare for planetwar.
-KV
,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State
Old December 11, 2003, 11:29   #33
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:43
OOOhhh OOOOhhh
I Call Peace Keepers if he is Droped!!

Are the rest of yall oposed to a 7 player game? Is their something important about having 1 AI in their? Is it to avoid 4v3 or 2v1 situations? I dont have anything against being ganged up on, thats part of the Meta-Game Diplomacy stuff.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 11, 2003, 15:45   #34
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Nobody has applied for 7th player slot yet. I've got Dacoles email xxdacole@wfubmc.edu.

I've posted for a CMN, are we all wanting to start with 6 or wait for the 7th ?

and im going to nag this again, this game will be REALLY SLOW AND LONG so don't be expecting an adrenaline rush.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old December 12, 2003, 10:15   #35
almostz
Warlord

Local Time: 07:43
i saw this thread is related to the other one, but I'd like to say it here also, I'd like to play University
My e-mail address is:
Almostz@ureach.com

-almostz
Old December 12, 2003, 11:08   #36
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:43
So Lazerus are you saying large games are slower not just because the average time to play incresses?

Logicaly if their are more players then their is a greater chance that the turn will be stoped by someone being offline/asleep. Ware as a game with say 3 people could bounce back and forth very rapidly (less then an hour a turn) if everyone is at the computer at the same time.

Is it possible for us to arange the turn order in such a way that its more likly for us to be passing the turn to a person who is not at work or asleep. I see we have 3 people in Europe and 3 in America (Agent Subversion: Unknown). So the fewer trips across the Atlantic that the turn makes the less likly it is to get stoped.

If we all list the times (in GMT) we are most likly to be avalible this could help. I am avalible from 1500 GMT to 1800 and possibly again later at 0000 to 0100 just before work. If I recive a turn in thouse time slots I can almost always play it and if not will definitly play in on the next one.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 12, 2003, 13:28   #37
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Yes impaler, i remember somebody saying that every player after the 2nd doubles the time taken for a turn to be completed. Also yes that normally happens with the time arranging for turn order.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.