Old December 9, 2003, 23:10   #31
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 07:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
personally I am afraid of a another MOO3, where the company follows online posters without any regard to what is feasible or what most people will want to play

Jon Miller
Old December 10, 2003, 04:37   #32
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 15:47
We really have to start thinking about to what degree we want polling to be a part of this project.

I am sure that we can all (or most of us) agree that some sort of prioritizing of the ideas is in order. And polling seem a good way to do that. But I fear that this forum will become a very confusing place, if we must have polls for every little idea that comes up.

O was thinking about this: What if the category managers/threadmasters set up multiple choice polls once in a while. Not for all ideas, but for only those ideas that people seem to like in the discussions. This way, every idea has a chance of making it into the polls - people just have to argue for it

Any other ideas?

Asmodean
Old December 10, 2003, 05:57   #33
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I don't remember any polling in the Civ3 list

Jon Miller
Old December 10, 2003, 14:37   #34
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:47
I actually agree with jon miller on this- the original list didn't have polls- the threadmasters were the full arbiters... and they listed most of the ideas roposed except for a very few.
Old December 10, 2003, 17:20   #35
Asmodean
Emperor

If that's the way that people want to go, then that's fine with me. I only brought up the subject, because a number of people have expressed wishes about polling.

But really, the category manager/threadmaster being arbiter, appeals a lot more to me, and it is easier to control that way

Asmodean
Old December 10, 2003, 19:39   #36
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

I think polls are usefull tools as long as we don't consider them the be all and end all.

For organization purposes, why not have them started OUTSIDE of the relevant thread, when a poll issue becomes apparant. The top link would have a poll to the discussion, and the results can be used to help guide the discussion in the "official" thread.

For instance... I would see the current poll on stacked vs. unit combat to indicate that the most fruitful discussions regarding the issues are no longer "stacked or single" but instead, "How do we want to see stacks?"

:braces self:

Oh, and just to maintain dignity! I still hate colors!
Fosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2003, 11:41   #37
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 23:47
i agree with everyone here...

firslty all ideas need to be put up, and the average joe psoter shouldnt have to worry bout typing it properly or colouring it.

The Thread amsters role is to fix it all up at the end and then based on the discussions that occur place some priorites on items, but all items will be included so firaxis can bounc eof those ideas from other communities or game players. They took some of our iodeas from civ3 into the game, and i for one am glad they didnt take them all, even the ones rated as important by this site..

An organsied lsit of ideas will make our chances of getting something we like into the game more probable, not definate , just more probable..

and rember we have a long time for this, they havent started civ4 yet, so lets not rush , lets get as many ideas as we can , and start discussing them ..
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2003, 12:48   #38
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:47
Quote:
For organization purposes, why not have them started OUTSIDE of the relevant thread, when a poll issue becomes apparant. The top link would have a poll to the discussion, and the results can be used to help guide the discussion in the "official" thread.
That would be the best way to implement polls.

Quote:
firslty all ideas need to be put up, and the average joe psoter shouldnt have to worry bout typing it properly or colouring it.
Indeed rasputin, that's the idea
Old December 12, 2003, 14:02   #39
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 23:47
i hope that polls wont be needed as they tend to get messy. The Threadmasters should be able to decipher from the debates in each thread what is important or not....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2003, 15:58   #40
Trifna
King

Local Time: 21:47
Hey, I'm not too sure that Jon Miller or others understood the reason I thaght about polls... it's not about making a poll to know what's in and out of the List, it's about making ORGANIZED polls to make so that Firaxis get an idea of the importance given to the ideas by the Apolyton community.

It,s up to them to judge what it's worth. Jon, you seem to believe that because a poll is made, we are forcing Firaxis to do what we're asking! It's like all the rest of the List, it gives information, and I don't see what's he difference with well-made polls.
Old December 12, 2003, 16:40   #41
Asmodean
Emperor

So...Trifna...did you get my PM.

Have you thought about it?

Asmodean
Old December 12, 2003, 16:46   #42
Trifna
King

Local Time: 21:47
Now I answered
I rarely go see my PMs since I don't get PMs often.