Old December 6, 2003, 19:34   #1
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Organization of this Team
We need to get this team organized.

I can speak from experience from the "other" ISDG. These are the basics of the system:

[ISDG]

We have a Constitution, allowing for 3 members of the people to be democratically and periodically chosen as 'Consuls'. These Consuls represent and lead the team. They also are Moderators for the Team Forum.

The Consuls appoint Ministers: the Minister of War, the Foreign Affairs Minister, the Minister of Internal Affairs and the Minister of Intelligence. The Ministers' jobs cover all aspects of the game. There is also a 'secret agency' but I'm not supposed to tell anyone .

The Ministers appoint deputies, and, in case of Foreign Affairs, Ambassadors to the other teams, to help them perform their tasks. Also, there is one Apolyton representative to the United Nations.

The people have the right to call a 'Change of Command' on one of the Consuls, with a possibility of replacing him.

Furthermore, the people have the right to change the Constitution by the means of amendments.

[/ISDG]

I would strongly suggest to adopt this system to start this game with, especially since time is running short and the system has proved to be a good one. Plus, the structure of this game is very similar to the first ISDG.

If you have other ideas, please make suggestions below on how to organize the team.

Also, please let us know if you're planning to be a part of the government. Apolyton needs you!
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2003, 22:04   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Where is everybody? Have we decided what civ we are going to be?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 00:46   #3
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:47
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Many important things need to be discussed.

What color ... then a run off poll for which shade.
Old December 7, 2003, 03:25   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
Dark, Babylonian Blue!

I agree that the PTW ISDG's system of government should suffice for now.
Old December 7, 2003, 10:32   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:47
I agree

ISDG Government works fine.

Someone set up a "Government thread" and please start bringing stuff over, DONT Link for obvious reasons

We also need to elect a leader, I guess, MarkG made me the interrim Forum authorizer.

But right now the authorization link he gave me is not working, I sent him a PM and informed him.

But while we are waiting to get my "authorization powers" fixed we need to get info over here and start getting organized.

I need to start setting up polls from the UN, you know type of game, how we make decisions at the UN, etc.

Ill start that today, and hopefully later today Ill have authorization powers and then Im going to start asking you guys about the 20 some odd people we have signed up allready.
Old December 7, 2003, 11:21   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Oh, they are VERY "odd" people.
Old December 7, 2003, 14:25   #7
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 06:47
Well adopting the same government as the old ISDG would be great however I don't know if it's the best idea to have every member hold a position. We don't have many people at the moment and even less active ones as is clearly evident.
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 16:57   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Maybe the six of us currently in can be Aristocrats and the rabble outside can be Commoners.

Noisy Barbarians! We'll let you in when we're through eating our meal!

(Just Kidding.)
Old December 7, 2003, 17:04   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

*conmcb25 wonders how Ghengis was one of the chosen few allowed in the private forum*

Old December 7, 2003, 17:59   #10
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:47
Suggestion for the colour: one that is actually well visible on the Minimap.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 18:34   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ghengis - one of the commoners is now here - and he is looking for YOU.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Suggestion for the colour: one that is actually well visible on the Minimap.
Good point. I would be up for a colour change. Dark blue - like the border on the new icon would work.

Regarding the government type, I agree the ISDG format works. But it does have drawbacks. Many folks have talked about being 'dis-engaged' from the game. Not because of who happens to be consuls, but as a result of the system.

I like the idea of one president/emperor to lead us - and 3 players, who can play the turn. Sort of like the executive branch.

And a VP, and the regular slate of ministers.

Just another thought.

And con... many thanks dear sir for getting us going!!! (Having done it for the ISDG, the closest comparison I can come up with is 'herding cats'.)

And - as a WARNING - as with the satrt of the ISDG, some decision have to be made quickly. So - stay engaged, and don't come complaining after the fact that you didn't have time to contemplate your navel. There, I'm done.
Old December 7, 2003, 18:47   #12
Tassadar500
Emperor

I don't see why we need a VP. I like what you described though.

Emperor
Executive Branch (3 turn players)
Minister of War
Minister of Foriegn Affairs
Minister of Internal Affairs

Of course the Emperor could also be part of the Executive branch. For now I believe these are the only positions we need. When we get farther into the game and we gain more members we can put more Minister posts up. Now how will we be picking the Ministers, Executive Branch and Emperor?
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 19:01   #13
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
I don't see why we need a VP.
I was thinking when the emperor/prez is not available. Sort of like in real life.

Quote:
Now how will we be picking the Ministers, Executive Branch and Emperor?
Nominations and Elections!
Old December 7, 2003, 19:02   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Herding phantom cats is more like it Beta!

21 people are "in" the CivGroup, supposedly only 12 are "authorized" (and I haven't authorized anyone) and there are people in the CIVGROUP who haven't signed up yet in the Sign Up Thread.

Wow this is really tough for a dumb pollock like me to keep track off!

On a serious note BETA is right on quick decisions, Im going to be putting up polls in about the next 24 hours and we are going to have to vote and make decsions quickly.

Hopefully I can get my "authorization" powers tomorrow.

Then we got to move, first thing we should really do is get the "pledge" here from ISDG and make everyone take it or we unauthorize, Ill work on that tonight.

And Im going to need help so please volunteer some of your time to do stuff.

Like right now lets bring over the ISDG Government documents and use that for a starting point. If someone can do that , it would be great!

Last edited by conmcb25; December 7, 2003 at 20:27.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 20:06   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Ghengis - one of the commoners is now here - and he is looking for YOU.
Great! Fetch me some more wine.

Why don't we just have an Emperor(President) and two Vice Emperors for the Executive/Turn Playing Branch?
Old December 7, 2003, 21:30   #16
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Why don't we just have an Emperor(President) and two Vice Emperors for the Executive/Turn Playing Branch?
Like the President of the Consuls in the PTW ISDG.

You know, that post that the Consuls have never had much use for and have come to regard as a formality.

But agreed, we should just have 3 powerful turnplayers, one of whom is elected head (don't know how much extra power this head should have; probably they should just be a glorified tiebreaker).
Old December 7, 2003, 22:43   #17
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
This would work. Along the lines as both GF and the previous post by Klo have pointed out.
Old December 8, 2003, 13:04   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Hey, I got an idea.

Lets make a complex formula none of understand like college football's BCS system and let it determine the Emperor and two Vice Emperors.

It can take our votes in the polls and add computer votes, strength of bullshit, quality post points, and what not to determine our leaders!
Old December 9, 2003, 01:09   #19
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Bah. OU still sucks.

*Octavian continues rooting for the MU Tigers

Anyway, I don't have a problem with three consuls. However, I do feel that it may be better to have them act as coequal heads of state. You know, for equality's sake and all that happy stuff.
Old December 9, 2003, 02:13   #20
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I like the format the Apolton ISDG team has. It's pretty simple and it works very well. I see no need to mess with somehting that is proven to work. IF there were to be one change, I would make the Ministers positions rotatable just as the Consuls positions are, every 3 months.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2003, 12:08   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Bah. OU still sucks.

*Octavian continues rooting for the MU Tigers
Hey, that's not nice. I root for MU in the north, I think they're on track to be the dominate team up there.

In fact, I even bought tickets to go to the Independence Bowl to watch them whoop up on Arkansas. I may be in a swamp but I am smack dab between the Independence and Sugar Bowls.

I have never been to a Bowl game and this year I got tickets to go see OU and Missouri's Bowl games!

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 9, 2003 at 16:32.
Old December 9, 2003, 19:41   #22
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Hey, that's not nice. I root for MU in the north, I think they're on track to be the dominate team up there.

In fact, I even bought tickets to go to the Independence Bowl to watch them whoop up on Arkansas. I may be in a swamp but I am smack dab between the Independence and Sugar Bowls.

I have never been to a Bowl game and this year I got tickets to go see OU and Missouri's Bowl games!
OK, you're forgiven.

I'm just still angry that we lost to OU earlier this year. When you live in the home of the Tigers, what else are you going to do?
Old December 9, 2003, 20:00   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
OK, you're forgiven.

I'm just still angry that we lost to OU earlier this year. When you live in the home of the Tigers, what else are you going to do?
Good, and the tickets were pretty cheap too. Independence Bowl tickets were only $35 plus a $5 ticket fee. Much cheaper than the Sugar Bowl tickets.