Old December 7, 2003, 19:35   #1
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Last Sentient Standing turn tracking thread
This is the turn tracking thread for the PBEM "Last Sentient Standing".

Players in order of appearance are:

Googlie (PK's)
laurentius (Consciousness)
Hercules (Angels)
Minute Mirage (University)
Smartfart (Morganites)

The Premise for this game will be: In the previous Progenitor Era, the Ancient Ones for some unknown reason felt compelled to build a Planetary Defense Grid to guard Planet against an interstellar invasion. To this end they built two huge citadels, one at each pole of Planet, thereby giving the Progenitors the ability to protect every area of Planet from these fortified positions.
When Guardian Hmnee and Conquerer Maar arrived in the Alpha Centauri Solar System, they each immediately headed for one of the fortresses that their ancestors had prepared, and once ensconced, broke open the ancient fortress seals and began equipping themselves with the weapons found within.
The Humans from their vantage points could only watch with horrified amazement as night after night missiles arced up from Planet's poles, piercing the stratosphere on their way to establishing near-Planet orbits. Now, many moons later, the heavens are crowded with many little dots of light zipping overhead of the human settlements: the Aliens are watching the Humans' every move, and are preparing to sally forth from their fortresses to eliminate any possibility of interference from the humans.
Fortunately for the Humans, several of the Progenitors missiles misfired, and have crashlanded near each of the Human enclaves. Although the technology governing their operation is currently undecypherable, why your scientists assure you that it will hasten their research in discovering orbital spaceflight!

To make the Aliens competitive later into the game, I have given one Alien the Network Backbone, and the other Alien the Supercollider, the Theory of Everything, and the Planetary Datalinks. This, combined with the other items I've placed nito the Aliens' arsenals, should give you guys some real "cause for concern".
Also, per the above comment about crashlanded missiles, why I am planning to downscale the prerequisite technologies for orbital spaceflight so that it will become a viable part of this game, as well. Supremacy of Planet could very well begin and end with control of the near-space surrounding Planet. You should, when you get the turn, access your datalinks to see what units are available and when, and make your plans accordingly.

One final note: since Diplomatic Victory is currently going to be enabled, why if either Progenitor is able to call their respective Home Fleet, the game is then considered a Draw for all Humans. This then allows a weaker Human Faction to commit the Ultimate Atrocity by betraying Humanity and somehow assisting one of the Aliens to Victory.

Turn has been sent to Googlie, and PM's of passwords to everyone else. Good luck (your gonna need it! )!

D
Darsnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2003, 20:04   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
These are the Apolyton generally accepted PBEM rules:

> Multiple reloading of the game to try for different effects is forbidden. If a reload is necessary because of a game crash etc., an explanation should be posted to the turn administration thread.

> Multiple drops or orbital insertions using the right-click menu is forbidden. So is airdropping from outside a base/airbase, or after having moved (except on a magtube) using the same method. Using the 'i' key when you want an airdrop means you will automatically comply with these restrictions.

> Inserting Stockpile Energy into the build queue after a military unit is forbidden.

> If a player employs a tactic that causes a state of vendetta, they are not allowed to "accept" a pending diplomatic agreement with that faction in the same turn, causing a change in diplomatic status or the transfer of energy or knowledge.

> If an aggressive probe action (anything except infiltration) is used on a faction you have a truce, treaty or pact with, you must select 'Declare Vendetta' in the dialog box that appears afterwards, and notify the victim of your transgression, unless you have received permission in advance. No notification is required in other cases.

In recent games I have been setting up this rule has been modified to read:

If an aggressive probe action (anything except infiltration) is used on a faction you have a truce, treaty or pact with, you must notify that player of your covert action, whether successful or not, and leave it to them to take the appropriate action

> Upgrading units with the design workshop is allowed at end of turn only. However, supply crawlers upgraded in this fashion can still be used to advance Secret Projects in the same turn.

> Communications only allowed between factions that have obtained each others' commlink frequencies in-game.

> Social engineering choice limited to one switch per line per turn. (no flip-flop within turn!)

> Psi units cannot be assigned multiple point patrol routes (avoid instant demon boil bug!)

> Whenever the planetary council is called, the caller (or the first player to vote if the AI calls it) should post a notification to the thread, including vote totals (if applicable) and who has already voted for what. The other players should post how they vote.

> No base trading with the AI. Extortion is allowed.

And thanks, D, for arranging this for us. Sounds like it's going to be fun ....................

G.

Last edited by Googlie; December 14, 2003 at 19:43.
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 12:28   #3
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 15:50
Does anyone have Hercules' email address?

I have the save ready and I dont want to attach it here...

and yeah, thanks Darsnan

- Paul Valery
laurentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 12:31   #4
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Hercules' email address:
xxxcathal.mullaghan@ntlworld.comxxx without the x's.
Minute Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 12:44   #5
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

ok, kiitti

- Paul Valery
Old December 9, 2003, 20:56   #6
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:50
Laurentius you seem to have sent me your 2107 turn., though it was named Data Angels, it actually opens as Aki 2107.
Old December 10, 2003, 04:13   #7
laurentius
King

Oh, im sorry. I will send it again today

- Paul Valery
Old December 10, 2003, 23:11   #8
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Turn 2107 to Minute Mirage. Good luck everyone.
Old December 11, 2003, 06:23   #9
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

2107 sent to SmartFart. Btw, what ruleset are we using?

Last edited by Minute Mirage; December 11, 2003 at 06:44.
Old December 12, 2003, 03:46   #10
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

...to Googlie.

Good luck everyone and special thanx to Darsnan for setting this one up for us.

Is tech stagnation 'on'?
Old December 12, 2003, 07:22   #11
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Tech stagnation is on. As far as the ruleset is concerned, why I am thinking standard Aployton non-Tournament rules, but its really up to you guys what you want.

D

-=Vel=-
Darsnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2003, 10:19   #12
Minute Mirage
Prince

Standard rules are fine with me, although I have nothing against allowing stockpile energy in the queues. Btw, thank you very much for taking the time to create this game, Darsnan! I'm sure we're in for an interesting game.
Old December 12, 2003, 12:20   #13
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2108 to laurentius

I have no problem with standard 'Poly rules, although i prefer the Forum Wars set (which allows stockpiling, retro-rngineering adn battlefield upgrades)

G.
Old December 13, 2003, 10:57   #14
SmartFart
King

I am against any bug exploiting in general. While I believe I can go with retro-engineering and battlefield upgrades (still don't like it,but will bow to majority), SE queving is something I am strongly against it. Especially when am playing as Morgan, since it minorising my No.1 advantage...money.

Let's discuss it til we're still on begining.

Regards.

SF
Old December 14, 2003, 19:22   #15
laurentius
King

2108 to hercules

I dont know any Smac bugs or cheats therefore I'm against exploiting them.

- Paul Valery
Old December 14, 2003, 19:44   #16
Googlie
Emperor

I have edited my first post (second in this thread) to cite the 'Poly PBEM rules, with a suggested amendment to the probe notification bug procedure

G.
Old December 16, 2003, 00:11   #17
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2108 to Minute Mirage. I am easy but is there an easy way to remember no Stockpile when you are playing the turn.

Maybe we should add NoSE to the turn name
Old December 16, 2003, 06:19   #18
Minute Mirage
Prince

2108 to SmartFart.
Old December 17, 2003, 02:23   #19
SmartFart
King

...to Googlie.
Old December 17, 2003, 11:44   #20
Googlie
Emperor

2109 to laurentius
Old December 18, 2003, 14:01   #21
laurentius
King

2109 to herakles..ehr hercules

- Paul Valery
Old December 23, 2003, 05:46   #22
Minute Mirage
Prince

2109 to SmartFart.
Old December 24, 2003, 04:01   #23
SmartFart
King

...to Googlie.

Merry Christmass everyone
Old December 24, 2003, 11:35   #24
Googlie
Emperor

2110 to laurentius

........... and I add my best wishes to everyone for a Merry Christmas .......

G.
Old December 24, 2003, 12:41   #25
Hercules
Deity

Merry Christmas everyone.
Old December 25, 2003, 12:44   #26
laurentius
King

I dont see your email in my hotmail Googlie, when di you sent it?

Merry Christmas to you all.

- Paul Valery
Old December 28, 2003, 12:15   #27
Googlie
Emperor

2110 resent to laurentius (original was sent on 12/24)
Old December 31, 2003, 02:08   #28
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2110 to Minute Mirage
Old December 31, 2003, 04:49   #29
laurentius
King

For the record:

I had some problems(apparently hotmail related) getting my turn from googlie, but I finally got it to my other addy 30.12 and forwarded it to Hercules. My apologies for the delay.

- Paul Valery
Old December 31, 2003, 06:59   #30
Minute Mirage
Prince

2110 to SmartFart.

Happy New Year!