Old May 1, 2001, 18:24   #1
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 06:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Harry Turtledove Scenarios
First of all i must ask if anyone out there has done any scenarios based on any of turtledoves books
eg:
The World War Tetralogy
The Fantasy WW2 Trilogy
The Second Mexican War
The Alternate WW1 Tetralogy
In fact thats most of them
But anyway i would aprreciate any feedback for that.
My second point is that i will be doing a scenario based on the last one in the list or i will when the map is finnished Im stuck without your map Pap1723 lol. I have already posted this but under a different name because i wasnt sure then but now its official so anyone whos read the last lot of books could you give me any suggestions of what you would like in the scenario? Im going to try to keep it as near to the books as possible but i am going to give the Entente Powers the chance to win
Thanx

------------------
I am the LORD OF STRONDAR
Old May 1, 2001, 20:44   #2
Thoth
King

Local Time: 02:14
quote:

Originally posted by Grothgar on 05-01-2001 06:24 PM
First of all i must ask if anyone out there has done any scenarios based on any of turtledoves books
eg:
The World War Tetralogy
The Fantasy WW2 Trilogy
The Second Mexican War
The Alternate WW1 Tetralogy
In fact thats most of them
But anyway i would aprreciate any feedback for that.
My second point is that i will be doing a scenario based on the last one in the list or i will when the map is finnished Im stuck without your map Pap1723 lol. I have already posted this but under a different name because i wasnt sure then but now its official so anyone whos read the last lot of books could you give me any suggestions of what you would like in the scenario? Im going to try to keep it as near to the books as possible but i am going to give the Entente Powers the chance to win
Thanx

I haven't seen any scenarios based on his works (and I've *looked*, I'm a huge fan of his.)

For the WWI scenario, will you be including the whole earth or just North America, with a few token European cities? I think the latter would be closer to the spirit of the books.

Which nations were you thinking of using?

Old May 2, 2001, 03:36   #3
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 22:14
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Yeah, I just started reading the Great War series a few weeks ago, and all throughout How Few Remain, I was thinking how cool a scenario it would make, probably the same with the alt WWI, but I'm only 1/2 through the first book so far, although it seems the balance would be much better on that one.

I do remember seeing a scenario called "Guns of the south" somewhere, but I'm not sure if it involves AK-47s or not.

I think it'd be interesting to do the whole earth, and cover all the fighting alluded to in Europe (with the more advanced von Schlieffen plan) and in South America too, I believe, or I'm incredibly wrong about that one!

But based just on the books, I think the Entente powers could be given an edge if England were to concentrate on defending Canada rather than fighting in Europe, sure it'd give Germany Paris fairly easily, but who cares about the French when your countrymen are in trouble?
[This message has been edited by JamesJKirk (edited May 02, 2001).]
Old May 2, 2001, 07:48   #4
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 07:14
Personally Gary, I think you should buy the rest of the Worldwar books, read them all (should take you a few hours ) and then do a scenario about that when you have a minute. We both remember how odd your Colonization scenario was (having only read the first book at the time).

While I`m here, a couple of other things I need to mention:

1)Clare has somehow unistalled the Sims from our computer and keeps pestering me to get the disk back off you. When can I come and collect it?

2)When are we going to carry on with our multiplayer game?
Old May 2, 2001, 14:28   #5
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:14
I am also a huge fan of Turtledove's work and look foward to seeing a scenario based on his work.

Now I will just through my two cents. I think a scenario on the world map would be cool to see, but to give it the detail that it needs I feel that just a North American map would be better. Maybe with events that keep you up to date with events elsewhere. Maybe even a setup like in Tecumseh's Russian Civil War senario with the western front being an immobile unit that is attacked by the various sides. But that just my idea, you should do what you feel would be better.