Old May 6, 2001, 09:20   #1
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Help With Indoor Graphics
I need help on making terran graphics in Civilization II look like they are indoors. I need them to make it so it is like a giant cave of sorts.

Is there any easier way to do this than to just experiment around? I've experimented, and it takes a lot of work to get everything to fit in and to make the coastal squares look like walls.

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2001, 15:13   #2
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Local Time: 01:15
I'm using ToT, so I don't know if this works with the other versions of Civ...I don't know if they support impassable terrain...

If you can spare the mountains and hills (though you probably can't), you can use both of these in conjunction with one another to give you more room for your cave walls. For example, the scenario which I am creating mostly takes place indoors, and I was having trouble making the walls actually look like walls. They were too short. So, I decided to make one part of the wall in the mountain terrain squares and the other part in the hill terrain squares. I then put the hills over the mountains, made the mountains impassable, and gave the hills the same movement allowance as the regular floor. Voila! More space for my walls. (Sorry if that seems like a muddled explanation.)
[This message has been edited by Mr. Oobir (edited May 06, 2001).]
Old May 6, 2001, 15:48   #3
PolarisGL
King

Yeah, that helped a bit. Thanks. I can actually spare mountains and hills if I must.

But how did you finally get the mountains and hills to correspond with each other? Just testing things out? So units could walk on hills, or not?

[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited May 06, 2001).]
Old May 6, 2001, 19:42   #4
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Local Time: 01:15
Thanks that I could be of some help . What I did to make sure that they lined up was that I made an image that was 1x the width & 2x the height of a terrain square. I made the wall the height which I needed, then put them in their appropriate places. After some pixel shifting, the graphic was ready to use.

My units stand high enough on the square, and the wall is low enough, so that they aren't standing on the wall.
Old May 6, 2001, 19:54   #5
PolarisGL
King

No, no. Thank you.

Can you send me the graphics files? I probably won't use them, but if I have trouble, may I use them? I'd modify them a bit for my needs, of course.

Also, a screenshot sent would be nice, to see it all in the game.

Send everything to polaris2k_99@yahoo.com if you can. Thank you!