Old December 8, 2003, 16:50   #1
Sterris
Settler

Local Time: 14:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Help with pop booms
Hey all, I was just wondering if somebody could help me out. I seem to have a problem executing population booms with the Cybernetic Conciousness. I would run democratic and planned and build children creches everywhere as well as puting enough energy into pysch to put my citizens into a golden age, yet the pop booms don't occur. I make sure there is enough food and everything, but it doesn't make sense. Could it possibly be because there is +7 growth instead of +6? Like the probe problem where u get +4 and it ends up becoming 0. Are the cybernetic conciousness able to be boomed?Any and all help is appreciated, thanks,

-Sterris
Old December 8, 2003, 17:32   #2
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:11
The Consciousness cannot pop boom due to their initial -1 Growth rating.
For more info about pop booming, early game expansion, and other topics, visit The SMAC Academy at CGN.

D
Old December 8, 2003, 19:00   #3
Petek
lifer
Prince

Local Time: 07:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Darsnan
The Consciousness cannot pop boom due to their initial -1 Growth rating.

D
Under the conditions that Sterris described, he should get a pop boom despite the Cyborg's -1 growth. Each base that has a Golden Age should get an additional +2 growth, resulting in +7 growth as he said.

Sterris--Make sure that you have the latest patch (2.0) for SMAX. According to the 2.0 readme "In some instances a Golden Age would not produce a population boom. It now does."

I have a game in progress with the Consciousness and switched to Demo + Planned with 30% psych and Creches in most bases. Instant pop boom.
Old December 8, 2003, 22:11   #4
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 09:11
One thing that threw me the first time... the base enters a golden age the turn after you turn up the psych, but only on the turn after that does it boom. So there's a one turn delay compared to non-GA booming.