Old October 9, 2003, 12:09   #1
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
AUSG101 - Diplomatic Solo Path - DAR 4
Turns 121 - 160:
150BC - 460AD

Block 4 saw the completion of early buildings - Courthouses (often rushed), Marketplaces and Granaries and the commencement of cathedrals and libraries. Two or three barracks were completed and vet pikes built. Weak cities just built workers, and 2 shield post-courthouse cities built catapults.

It started well, with the Hanging Gardens completed and Kagoshima flipping to me. An FP was started in Medina, the city founded on Japan's furs with the free settler, and the Sistine started in Mecca.

Around 230 AD an America army started loitering on my land. I gave some gifts but in 280 AD they attacked, so I brought Japan (with Iron) and Carthage (tech) into the war. My treasure had been nearly spent on Pike/Sword upgrades and running a research deficit, but Japan discoved the Chivalry I was working on and I bought it that turn for 10g. There was enough left for a couple of Ansar upgrades, which kicked off the Golden Age. A couple of turns of max gold later and the rest of the horsies were upgraded. Onto research for Education. Weak Detroit was in the far north was taken early, but the Ansars started eating into the US core, taking Houston then Atlanta.

All going well, with the Sistine and the FP completed on two turns before the end of the block, but then disaster struck.

Houston flips and I lose half my offensive army. I retake Houston with 2 Ansars and raise it in fury and disgust. I also disband Atlanta and plan not to take the Pyramids in Washington but to destroy them. Phuque the consequences. I'd even starved it as low as 5, but Washingtons Wonders (Pyramids and Glib) were too strong.Memo to self : "Large cities adjacent to Pyramids and GLib are hard to hold...". I lost 6 cats, 3 pikes and about 6 ansars. 11 Ansars remain - will that be enough for Washington?

The Plan

I've just raised and disbanded war plan A, which was to take and hold American cities, sliding my Palace towards them. Plan B is to destroy Washington and leave America to Japan and Cathage, perhaps with me supplying Japan's iron 'with compliments'. Plan C would be to destroy Washington and resettle their land but I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I'd like to get Universities and other infrastucture up during the GA, and perhaps try for another wonder instead of the Palace slide. I might try and get the Island city off Abe in a peace deal. I can't declare war post-marines (non-aggression victory condition) if I need to kill them off later (don't want them voting), but if I get that island now they might get finished off on the continent and they can't teleport their capital over there.

Military:

29 workers
1 Spearman
26 Pikemen
4 Med Inf
13 Ansars
1 catapult

Average to Mordor, Strong to all other civs.

Tech:
Education in 1 turn.
India & Carthage are 2 techs behind
The rest have have Invention over me - I'm waiting to bash it out of Abe.

Economy:
Golden Age
49 Gold (+82 gpt)
Pop, Land, GNP, Mfg, Prod :1st

Diplomacy

War with America for 18 turns. They want peace, I want to destroy Washington.
2 turns left on alliance with Japan and Cathage
RoPs with civs on other continent.

No pics yet, maybe if 'Poly starts working again.
No save unless requested - save the poor server's space!
Old October 9, 2003, 12:11   #2
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Block 4 Build completions
Mecca : Hanging Gardens, Cathedral, Library, Marketplace, Sistine
Medina : Courthouse, Forbidden Palace
Damascus : Courthouse, Cathedral, Colosseum, Barracks, Pike, Library
Baghdad : Courthouse, Pikeman, Granary, Horseman, Horseman, Cathedral
Narjan : Granary, Worker, Worker, Aq, Cathedral
Kufah : Marketplace, Worker, Spearman, Pikeman, Worker, Library, Horseman, Horse, Ansar, Ansar
Basra: Courthouse, Catapult, barracks, PIkeman, Pike, Pike
Anjar : Courthouse, Catapult, Cathedral, Barracks, Ansar, Ansar
Khurasan : Worker, Worker, Worker, Worker
Fustat : Walls, Worker, Worker, Worker
Yamama : Worker, Worker
Muscat : Catapult
Bukhara : Library, Temple, Aq, Harbour
Mansura : Worker, Temple, Cathedral, barracks, Horseman
Alleppo : Temple, Courthouse, Barracks, Ansar, Ansar
Fez : Barracks, Pikemen, Pikeman, Pipkeman, Pikeman
Aden :
San Francisco : Temple