US Army uses Tesla Tanks in Iraq
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?...&group=webcast

Quote:

Horrifying US Secret
Weapon Unleashed In Baghdad
Exclusive By Bill Dash
c. 2003 All Rights Reserved
8-25-03

A nightmarish US super weapon reportedly was employed by American ground forces during chaotic street fighting in Baghdad. The secret tank-mounted weapon was witnessed in all its frightening power by Majid al-Ghazali, a seasoned Iraqi infantryman who described the device and its gruesome effects as unlike anything he had ever encountered in his lengthy military service. The disturbing revelation is yet another piece of cinematic evidence brought back from postwar Iraq by intrepid filmmaker Patrick Dillon.

In the film, al-Ghazali, whose english is less than fluent, describes the weapon as reminiscent of a flame thrower, only immensely more powerful. It is unclear what principle the weapon is based on. Searching for a description, al-Ghazali said it appeared to be shooting concentrated lightning bolts rather than just ordinary flames. Drawing on his many years as a professional engineer, al-Ghazali speculates that radiation of some kind probably figures into the weapon's hideous capabilities. Like all men in Saddam's Iraq, al-Ghazali was compelled to serve in the Iraqi equivalent of the Army National Guard and fought in three wars over the past thirty-odd years. Via email, he told me he has seen virtually every type of conventional weapon employed in battle, and is well acquainted with their effects on people and machines, but nothing in his extensive combat experience prepared him for the shock of what he saw in Baghdad on April 12th.

On that date, al-Ghazali and his family sheltered in their house as a fierce street battle erupted in his neighborhood. In the midst of the fighting, he noticed that the Americans had called up an oddly configured tank. Then to his amazement the tank suddenly let loose a blinding stream of what seemed like fire and lightning, engulfing a large passenger bus and three automobiles. Within seconds the bus had become semi-molten, sagging "like a wet rag" as he put it. He said the bus rapidly melted under this withering blast, shrinking until it was a twisted blob about the dimensions of a VW bug. As if that were not bizarre enough, al-Ghazali explicitly describes seeing numerous human bodies shriveled to the size of newborn babies. By the time local street fighting ended that day, he estimates between 500 and 600 soldiers and civilians had been cooked alive as a result of the mysterious tank-mounted device.

In a city littered everywhere with burned-out civilian and military vehicles, US forces were abnormally scrupulous about immediately detailing bulldozers and shovel crews to the job of burying the grim wreckage. Nevertheless, telltale remnants remained as Dillon found when al-Ghazali later took him to the site. Dillon said they easily uncovered large puddles of resolidified metal and mounds of weird fibrous material that, al-Ghazali explained, were all that remained of the vehicles' tires. Dillon, who accumulated plenty of battlefield experience as a medic in Viet-Nam, and has since covered a number of wars from Somalia to Kosovo, told me that he has witnessed every kind of conventional ordnance that can be used on humans and vehicles. " I've seen a freaking smorgasbord of destruction in my life," he said, "flame-throwers, napalm, white phosphorous, thermite, you name it. I know of nothing short of an H-bomb that conceivably might cause a bus to instantly liquefy or that can flash broil a human body down to the size of an infant. God pity humanity if that thing is a preview of what's in store for the 21st century."

For Majid al-Ghazali, images of the terrifying weapon and its victims haunt his every day. In addition to his work as an engineer, he is also a highly accomplished classical violinist, occupying the first chair in the Baghdad Symphony. He is widely acknowledged as one of the preeminent violinists in the Middle East. Besides his family, one of his greatest joys is teaching at Baghdad's premier music conservatory. Unfortunately, the conservatory was utterly destroyed. Yet somehow, despite the war's horrors and its seemingly endless privations, he manages to maintain a remarkably hopeful outlook. He recently informed me that the Baghdad Symphony continues to exist and has been invited to perform in the United States in December.

Copyright ©2003 - Bill Dash

Impressive, to be sure. But not nearly impressive as the new American Infantry weapon that fires angry Housecats at people.
Old December 9, 2003, 20:53   #2
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 14:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This is a joke?
Old December 9, 2003, 20:59   #3
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 16:18
What, you don´t believe evil Americans use tanks that can shoot concentrated lightning bolts? Ha!
Old December 9, 2003, 21:00   #4
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 10:18
Well, seeing as other articles have subjects such as "Iraqi Commander Swears He Saw US Evacuate Saddam" and "Microwave weapons in Iraq" then, Jeez I hope so.
Old December 9, 2003, 21:06   #5
Zylka
King

but.. isn't this group what young Chegitz bases his international knowledge upon?
Old December 9, 2003, 21:17   #6
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

OMG! It's Red Alert!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 9, 2003, 21:20   #7
BeBro
Emperor

Yeah, those disruptors will do the job
Old December 9, 2003, 21:34   #8
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 09:18
dammit, who was the wiseass who edited the .game files?
Old December 9, 2003, 21:40   #9
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 08:18
I guess next we will learn that the US really does have a super-uber-mega-giga orbital death ray hiding behind the moon. :
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old December 9, 2003, 21:45   #10
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Thanks for blowing it, diplomat! We were saving that surprise for Tehran!
Old December 10, 2003, 00:02   #11
Commie Chocobo
Settler

I thought we were sposed to have tesla, not the allies
Old December 10, 2003, 00:08   #12
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

That's OK, because the bulk of the US troops are infantry.
And we have Taneta or whatever her name is.
Old December 10, 2003, 13:48   #13
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
but.. isn't this group what young Chegitz bases his international knowledge upon?
Seems so.
Old December 10, 2003, 13:51   #14
Zylka
King

Can we all respond link to Indynews whenever he speaks from now on, then?
Old December 10, 2003, 14:11   #15
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Tesla was a brilliant man. A bit of trivia - he offered Tesla Tanks to Yugoslavian government waaay back, some time around WW I. They refused him.

The rumour is US still did not lift the seal of secrecy from his numerous inventions of which they hold patents.
Old December 10, 2003, 14:15   #16
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Seems so.
Actually, no. Indymedia has a problem with fact checking, like Zylka.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 10, 2003, 14:17   #17
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by VetLegion
Tesla was a brilliant man. A bit of trivia - he offered Tesla Tanks to Yugoslavian government waaay back, some time around WW I. They refused him.
Yugoslavia didn't exist until after WWI.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 10, 2003, 14:23   #18
Theben
Deity

Oh, I thought they were going to be like the tanks used in Panama, blasting Tesla glam metal at unsuspecting Iraqis.

That truly would have been horrible.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old December 10, 2003, 14:41   #19
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by VetLegion

The rumour is US still did not lift the seal of secrecy from his numerous inventions of which they hold patents.
Didn't he also have a long range Deathray?

I thought he went nuts because Westinghouse and Edison were consistantly recognized as smarter than him.
Old December 10, 2003, 14:47   #20
chequita guevara
Emperor

Genius and madness are not too far from each other.
Old December 10, 2003, 15:02   #21
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Edison stole the light bulb from Tesla...
Old December 10, 2003, 15:05   #22
VetLegion
Emperor

Ahm che, my english is not perfect but doesn't the 'around WW I' encompass the period shortly after it?

Anyway I think he died in poverty. He never knew how to cash in his genius, but at least he got a measurement unit named after him! Edison didn't, did he?
Old December 10, 2003, 15:07   #23
chequita guevara
Emperor

Didn't it have a different name at first?
Old December 10, 2003, 15:07   #24
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Tesla was Serbian

Old December 10, 2003, 15:12   #25
VetLegion
Emperor

He used to say he is proud of his "Serbian kin and Croatian homeland". He was a Serb from Croatia.

Since both countries nowadys have institutions carrying his name, put him on currency and such, you could even say he is somewhat contested between the two.

AFAIK, Nikola Tesla is his only name.
Old December 10, 2003, 15:13   #26
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

that's fine, my grandmother was Croatian... I just like giving you guys ****...
Old December 10, 2003, 15:14   #27
VetLegion
Emperor

I hope that isn't her in your avatar
Old December 10, 2003, 15:15   #28
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

that's TIMMAY foo!

do they have South Park in Croatia?
Old December 10, 2003, 15:18   #29
VetLegion
Emperor

Sure we do. That must be a girlfriend of the boy in the wheelchair then? I haven't seen that episode.
Old December 10, 2003, 15:21   #30
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

no that's gangster timmay from the "Krazy Krips" episode...