Old December 11, 2003, 18:41   #181
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 14:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
http://media.songnlife.com/xfile/****ingUSA.wma

Replace the **** with the "F word" (As the neocons so nicely put it )
Old December 11, 2003, 19:02   #182
Ned
King

Local Time: 06:19
Patroklos, I think you hit the nail on the head concerning many anti-American protestors. Their no matter what we do, we are wrong. If we want to liberate Iraq, we are greedy because we want the oil If we want help in reconstruction, we are greedy because we caused all the problems in the first place - so we should go fix them on our own dime. If we lavish mountains of American taxpayer dollars on Iraq to help their reconstruction we are greedy for keeping the money in the family of those who sacrificed in the cause of liberation.

It is a wonder that any American or Coalition partner could want to be allies and friends with the likes of Germany and France. How many times do they have to betray us before we realize they are no longer on our side. When we find Iraq stuffed full of new French and Russian weapons, what does this mean? When we find that Germany was providing technical expertise in killing humans by the scores, why are we surprised given their history?

Annan and some coalition leftists are decrying the action as devisive. They call for "healing."

But what steps have the betrayers taken to mend the wounds with America, its coalition partners and the people of Iraq whom they also betrayed? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And yet they still have the audacity to complain?

We need adequate words to describe this level of duplicity, backstabbing and betrayal. Carpetbaggers is good. But is it sufficient?
Old December 11, 2003, 19:08   #183
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

The entire world is against you, Ned
Old December 11, 2003, 19:12   #184
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 15:19
hehe, yeah. no WMDs have been found yet and no WMDs won´t be found anymore. but Ned knows exactly who delivered them.
Old December 11, 2003, 19:14   #185
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Fez couldn't have said it better than Ned.
Old December 11, 2003, 19:38   #186
Ned
King

Local Time: 06:19
Thanks for the compliment guys. Actually, I think I outdo Fez.
Old December 11, 2003, 20:03   #187
Nubclear

When it comes to being a right-winger you do. However you dont have that "Throwemoutofaheli" type personality that Fez has
Old December 11, 2003, 20:13   #188
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Patroklos, I think you hit the nail on the head concerning many anti-American protestors. Their no matter what we do, we are wrong. If we want to liberate Iraq, we are greedy because we want the oil If we want help in reconstruction, we are greedy because we caused all the problems in the first place - so we should go fix them on our own dime. If we lavish mountains of American taxpayer dollars on Iraq to help their reconstruction we are greedy for keeping the money in the family of those who sacrificed in the cause of liberation.

It is a wonder that any American or Coalition partner could want to be allies and friends with the likes of Germany and France. How many times do they have to betray us before we realize they are no longer on our side. When we find Iraq stuffed full of new French and Russian weapons, what does this mean? When we find that Germany was providing technical expertise in killing humans by the scores, why are we surprised given their history?

Annan and some coalition leftists are decrying the action as devisive. They call for "healing."

But what steps have the betrayers taken to mend the wounds with America, its coalition partners and the people of Iraq whom they also betrayed? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And yet they still have the audacity to complain?

We need adequate words to describe this level of duplicity, backstabbing and betrayal. Carpetbaggers is good. But is it sufficient?
Regardless of what the left wingers who want to look at the world through rose colored glasses think, this is the plain truth.

Well said Ned.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old December 11, 2003, 20:21   #189
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO

Well said Ned.
Yes.

The fundamental question whether carpetbagger is sufficiently describing betrayal, backstabbing and duplicity has never been so clearly exposed.
Old December 11, 2003, 21:19   #190
Nubclear

Old December 11, 2003, 21:19   #191
Sandman
King

The countries which didn't buy the nonsense about WMDs are now being punished for being correct.
Old December 11, 2003, 21:20   #192
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

This thread has been Nedded now.
Old December 11, 2003, 22:16   #193
Q Classic
Emperor

rabid politics.

there's no hope for mankind now.
Old December 12, 2003, 01:28   #194
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 10:19
A couple of things are odd about this. Bush is wrong that American taxpayers expect the contracts to go to American or coalition contractors. Rather, American taxpayers expect the contracts to go to just American contractors, not those of the coalition. This is a good blocking action by Bush against potential internal criticism, when some contracts are awarded to the Japanese or Koreans. Besides, we don't lose anything, because these countries aren't helping us anyhow (besides Canada).

And this thought that Iraq's debt repayments are somehow tied to American-funded contracts doesn't make any sense. Iraq's debts aren't our debts. Further, while the reconstruction may make Iraq more able to pay off its debts, it would still only be able to work with a much reduced debt load.

I noticed that Schroeder wisely didn't take the bait on this issue and insisted on keeping the two issues separate. Otherwise, he would have to find a balancing justification for this contracts issue, when he gets down to the inevitable writing off a good portion of Germany's loans to Iraq.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old December 12, 2003, 01:57   #195
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Or Tehran
But apparently Bush didn't quite think of that
Where do you think we're going when Iraq is settled?

As I've said before, this was just the first step.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old December 12, 2003, 02:06   #196
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Where do you think we're going when Iraq is settled?
I could say something along the lines of "Iraq ISNT going to be settled", but I wont
Old December 12, 2003, 03:19   #197
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 16:19

- Paul Valery
Old December 12, 2003, 08:25   #198
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO
Countries that did not participate are excluded from management roles but not from getting work in Iraq. Why would anyone want France training and equiping the Iraqi Army anyway? It seems obvious that they already know how to turn tail and run.
This is exactly the stupid kind of comments that is fuelling an anti-american feeling that should not be. Keep on with this behavior but don't expect the other countries and their inhabitant to be sympathetic with you.

As far as I am concerned I am not surprised that the USA excluded the countries opposed to their policy from the contracts, I would even say that this is normal as the priority should be given to those that have paid the price of this war.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:32   #199
Tamerlin
King

Re: *
Quote:
Originally posted by rixxe
I think the french deserve it, but not the russians and the germans.

The frogs were against the war because THEY broke the embargo there was against Irak by signing contracts to extract and export oil. And they knew that if the iraki government was to collapse, those contrats would become worthless... Here's partly why they were that much against the war...

Very well!

This is certainly one of the most laughable thing I have ever read about the subject. Stop reading tabloids!

Can I remind you that France was not opposed to a war against Irak but that it was opposed to a war waged outside of the UN and that this policy was shared by Germany and Russia. If you want France to be the scapegoat, so be it and have fun, but a bit of subtelty can not hurt.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:37   #200
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 10:19
Having read the first and last posts made by Ned here, I'm pretty sure that the rest of this thread is just as useless.

Talk about petty. "Payback".

The value of these contracts is going to be ridiculously low compared to the cost of the war. Have fun paying for that...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 12, 2003, 08:42   #201
dannubis
King

i think the main issue should be : who gets the million dollar oil contracts after things have settled down ???
Old December 12, 2003, 08:46   #202
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 21:19
Re: Payback - French, Germans and Russians barred from Iraq contracts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
How sweet it is!

"Pentagon Bars Three Nations From Iraq Bids"
Breaking news, indeed. Somehow I knew it from the beggining.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:46   #203
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 17:19
WTF?!! Why are we banned? How come I didn't even know that?

Our former PM went to talk to Bush, and they were all kisses and hugs, and we were talking about being in 'coalition if the willing', not the ones that act on it, but that we don't condemn it, and that we are there hearing when they make decisions, even military type of things and that we were still invited there and we went.

I say the reasoning for this is ok, but I don't understand why we are excluded, that's BS.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:47   #204
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin

This is exactly the stupid kind of comments that is fuelling an anti-american feeling that should not be. Keep on with this behavior but don't expect the other countries and their inhabitant to be sympathetic with you.

As far as I am concerned I am not surprised that the USA excluded the countries opposed to their policy from the contracts, I would even say that this is normal as the priority should be given to those that have paid the price of this war.
As if I care if France is sympathetic? France is pathetic with the policies that they are persuing. They actively seek to undermine their allies and we should just smile because they say that they are trying to do the right thing? They tell other European leaders to "shut up" when voicing support for US policy and threaten them with blocking EU membership. Who the f**k do they think they are? I'll tell you...they are a third rate country that has a long history of collapsing in the face of adversity. No trial is to small to send the French packing. They seek to posture their positions based on some false sense of past glory. My comments fuel anti-american behavior? Ha! Where do you think that my thoughts came from...it was from the ignorant French policy and the way that they run from crisis and stab allies in the back. Get them to quit being idiots and that will stop the anti-French feelings which is the only thing that will stop Americans from feeling the way we do.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:47   #205
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
I'm sure Albania will make some great investments...
Old December 12, 2003, 08:54   #206
Tamerlin
King

OK, I have reached page 14 of this thread and read PLATO's reply and that is enough... anti-american feelings is the only thing you deserve with such behavior. I should have not replied to this thread as it seems there is no way to have a real discussion in this thread.

I won't read anything more as I have never been anti-american... and moreover I don't want to become one.

Have fun mocking me and the French...
Old December 12, 2003, 08:57   #207
PLATO
Emperor

Quote:
OK, I have reached page 14 of this thread and read PLATO's reply and that is enough... anti-american feelings is the only thing you deserve with such behavior. I should have not replied to this thread as it seems there is no way to have a real discussion in this thread.

I won't read anything more as I have never been anti-american... and moreover I don't want to become one.

Truth hurts? Sorry.
Old December 12, 2003, 09:00   #208
Q Classic
Emperor

it's only on page 5 for me.

bush still needs to work on his timing. hit them up first for what they can do for you and get that in writing, then smack them in the back of the head.

that way, if they renege, they look like asses and you come out looking like roses.
Old December 12, 2003, 09:01   #209
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Too bad for you. USA is an evil empire. The sooner you'll see this, the better for you.

Quote:
Don't worry, they'll do.
Old December 12, 2003, 09:11   #210
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Well Rossija is at least equally evil!

and I have only 3 pages

- Paul Valery