Old April 1, 2004, 23:53   #421
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
finally bought the game,, once i get internet access at home i will doenlaod this little beauty...

hope jamksi still puts me in next installment even though my posts upset him
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old April 2, 2004, 03:03   #422
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yeah, its only your posts though, not you

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 2, 2004, 03:30   #423
Tuberski

Local Time: 09:20
He'll just make you die in a very violent manner.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 2, 2004, 07:31   #424
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
A character who spams lightly painful arrrows in all directions wherever he is could be quite funny.
Old April 5, 2004, 00:05   #425
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 16:20
Finally got my hands on NWN - SOU, so I played the Dungeon for the past hours. Good work Jam: the dungeons lasts long, and the difficulty is well balanced . The characters get XP and items quite quickly, but then again, the monsters progress quite quickly as well.

Besides, some things are really hilarious. I think Arrian is my favorite character

However, there are a few annoying bugs...
- I never managed to speak with Aaglo (there's the blurb in German saying there's a problem with the mod)
- When I take xenobrew and go to UR, the same blurb appears.
- I brought Doc's head to Skanky, and I brought Skanky's wine to your wife, yet Skanky wouldn't open me the door (fortunately, I could bash it): he always ask if I found DrSpike, and I can only reply that I wet my pants (although I did kill him)
- I met ADG after killing Fez first. Same blurb.
- Jessica Rabbit after killing Fez first. Same blurb.
- Jamski right at the entrance of lvl 11. Same blurb.
- A really annoying bug: I have killed Trip in lvl 11 because he couldn't bear my good character to try talk some sense with Tass. And now, all civilians are against me. I had to take another save, before Osweld's quest, to solve it.

I think that's all I saw tonight. Other than that, great job
Old April 5, 2004, 03:06   #426
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

You HAVE to speak to people in the right order Spiff (untill I finally get off my arse and completly re-write this whole section) otherwise it won't advance the variable needed to get people off the "default" conversations. If you miss one step, the whole lot is ruined.

I really need to rip that whole dialog tree (tree? its a blinking spiderweb) right out and replace it with a more structured system.

Trip I know about, its the same bug as Vlad.

Anyway - if you had fun, then my mission is fufulled

-Jam
Old April 5, 2004, 04:24   #427
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor

- I brought Doc's head to Skanky, and I brought Skanky's wine to your wife, yet Skanky wouldn't open me the door (fortunately, I could bash it): he always ask if I found DrSpike, and I can only reply that I wet my pants (although I did kill him)
How many reloads?
Old April 5, 2004, 08:41   #428
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by centrifuge
Okay, I just finished a short killing spree through apolyton town, an Skanky's bar, I attacked everyone that I saw , which means R.I.P. to Maniac.
How dare you!?
/me grabs his axe and charges at centrifuge...
Old April 5, 2004, 10:12   #429
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

How dare you!?
* Maniac grabs his axe and charges at centrifuge...

The undead have risen

*Centrifuge searches frantically for his crucifix, while trying not to wet his pants...

Old April 5, 2004, 12:37   #430
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc
How many reloads?
Zero. I had to reload quite a few times to get LeChuck, and to kill your girlfriend, but the fight against you was extremely easy: maybe because I could attack you immediately without being bothered by too many henchmen (you died about as quickly as the average henchman). What exactly makes you dangerous?
Old April 5, 2004, 12:38   #431
DrSpike
Deity

No idea, other than the fact the creator said I was quite tough.
Old April 5, 2004, 12:50   #432
Jamski
Deity

Notes for v2.0 - make Doc slightly harder.

Spiffor - what about all Doc's crazy hordes of Elite Orc Archers? Did you not get pin-cushioned just trying to get close to him?

-Jam
Old April 5, 2004, 13:43   #433
Spiffor

I am a cleric, I have big armour and shield. The elite archers hardly hit me. The elite grunts were much more of a pain, as I don't hurt too much (mace +3, and strength modifier +2).
Given the objects he dropped, I suppose DrSpike was an electricity-based foe. Had I suffered from his electrical attacks, I'd have trouble I think.

Also, had I been hit more often by his archers, I could have had more trouble healing myself.

BTW, could you explain me how spells work in D&D: I don't understand how many spells a day I can launch, and how to increase this amount...
Old April 5, 2004, 13:50   #434
Spiffor

Aside from that, I tried to kill LotM's wife after my triumph over DrSpike. She's frigging HARD! She hits me once every two attempts, and she always do something like 15-20 damage, with henchmen who are also powerful like that. Many, many reloads.

Worse, she nearly always manged to interrupt my heling spells when I cast them in the middle of the melee (concentration 8 + very high wisdom). That helped making her incredibly hard.

Also: the undead pirates in level 8 aren't considered undead: my "turn undead" doesn't work on them at all, and the specific bonuses of my mace don't help.

One last thing I can think of: I went back to see Kody before killing Vovan, with his mace equipped. I said I give it back to him in the dialog box, and he thanked me. Yet, I kept the mace equipped, and couldn't interact with Kody anymore.
Old April 5, 2004, 13:53   #435
DrSpike
Deity

So LotM's wife is tougher than a big bad orc? Jaaaaaaamskiiiiii!!!
Old April 5, 2004, 13:58   #436
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
I don't understand how many spells a day I can launch, and how to increase this amount...
As you level up you get more spell slots. If you open the spellbook tab you can select which spells you want to memorise. Higher wisdom also gives more spells per day. Basically, each time you level up, open the spellbook and choose what spells you want memorised, then rest. Each time you'll have more available.

You get new spell levels every second cleric level, so at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9...

Quote:
Aside from that, I tried to kill LotM's wife after my triumph over DrSpike. She's frigging HARD! She hits me once every two attempts, and she always do something like 15-20 damage, with henchmen who are also powerful like that. Many, many reloads.
She's one to come back to when you're tougher.

Quote:
Worse, she nearly always manged to interrupt my heling spells when I cast them in the middle of the melee (concentration 8 + very high wisdom). That helped making her incredibly hard.
Constitution effects concentration, not Wisdom. I also reccommend the feat "Combat Casting"

Quote:
Also: the undead pirates in level 8 aren't considered undead: my "turn undead" doesn't work on them at all, and the specific bonuses of my mace don't help.
Another one for the ever growing list.

Quote:
One last thing I can think of: I went back to see Kody before killing Vovan, with his mace equipped. I said I give it back to him in the dialog box, and he thanked me. Yet, I kept the mace equipped, and couldn't interact with Kody anymore.
And another one

-Jam
Old April 5, 2004, 15:03   #437
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor

cheese tactic. Use Space05us for a meat shield . he's unkillable! and then pepper her with arrows or your spell of choice. Something Noober could never do- be a great meat shield.
Old April 5, 2004, 17:00   #438
Spiffor

Jamski:
I have finished your mod. Good job I especially like it in the last levels, when we feel we are really approaching the real core of 'Poly, and enemies become more "computerish" (at least in name). It reminds me .Hack//Sign, for those who know

One last bug though: killing Coracle makes every civilian angry at you (except the owners and the big bosses). And killing him is mandatory. This is sad, because I cna't benefit from Bob's text after taking the final portal, and I like endings

I hope this is one bug you'll fix
Old April 5, 2004, 18:00   #439
Jamski
Deity

You can actually hide in shadows and pickpocket him for the keys... in theory

Yeah, he needs to be fixed

Glad you have fun though Spiffor

-Jam
Old April 6, 2004, 16:34   #440
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
You can actually hide in shadows and pickpocket him for the keys... in theory

Yeah, he needs to be fixed

Glad you have fun though Spiffor

-Jam
pickpocket who? Bob or the coracle?

I've never been a big pickpocketer, I don't think I put any points into it.

what does bob say at the end anyways?
Old April 6, 2004, 19:01   #441
Jamski
Deity

He says "well done that's the end" then applies 1,000 points of holy energy damage (cannot be resisted) to your arse

-Jam
Old April 9, 2004, 22:00   #442
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Rasputin wanders the Dungeon !!!!!!
Old April 10, 2004, 00:30   #443
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

mmmm mrs jamski !!!!! now how do i get her naked !!!!

Old April 10, 2004, 00:58   #444
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Put some clothes on you dirty perv!!!!!
Old April 10, 2004, 02:20   #445
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

running around naked- or close to it.

I think he puts socks in his underwear. That bulge doesn't look realistic.
Old April 10, 2004, 05:24   #446
DrSpike
Deity

Nice tattoo.
Old April 10, 2004, 19:06   #447
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

sorry spikey, just had to kill you and mrs spikey in the dungeons...

Jamski this MOD rocks..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 10, 2004, 19:18   #448
Jamski
Deity

/me takes a bow

I am rather proud of it, I must admit. Even with the bugs, which are allowed as I practically taught myself to code as I made the module.

-Jam
Old April 10, 2004, 19:25   #449
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
sorry spikey, just had to kill you and mrs spikey in the dungeons...

Jamski this MOD rocks..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please tell me you had to reload at least once.
Old April 10, 2004, 20:13   #450
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

damn german forgeigners !!!!!