Old December 12, 2003, 05:25   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Jamski, I should be a thief that de-lurks, *ahem*, whose invisibility potion wears off, and whom starts attacking the PC screaming, "I detect a MAJOR ALIGNMENT CONFLICT!!! I shall restore your ethical balance!"

After I take 1 hp of damage, I re-lurk, eh, quaff another potion of invisibility, and am never to be seen again.

Alternate dialogue: "Read the SMAC FAQ, b*tch!"
This is really going to test my scripting abilites. But I'll give it a try.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 12, 2003, 05:30   #32
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 22:20
Perhaps you can also put in a Tomb of faded glory and a Tomb of SG{2}
Old December 12, 2003, 05:36   #33
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hmm, that will add a serious note to the module. Ok, why not. But there will be no jokes in that area. Just silent tombs and mourners.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 05:44   #34
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 08:20
I think that Faded Glory would have appreciated some jokes

Jon Miller
Old December 12, 2003, 05:46   #35
Jamski
Deity

My jokes always step over the boundary of good taste though.

Jon, I just realised I put you in as JoHn Miller. I'll have to change that later.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 05:52   #36
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Dammit, guess what Tassadar's Club of Communism does already?

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 05:57   #37
Jamski
Deity

That's what happens when you ask for nasty things to happen to other posters Although when Tass hits the player a few times with this thing the smile's on HIS face.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 06:13   #38
DrSpike
Deity

Can I have a secret amulet of academia? By day I am a fearsome orc, butchering commies and zombies and those who dare enter my lair. Then by evening I transform into a polite academic (amulet causes intelligence boost, aggression reduction), who communes with the finest minds in the realm on all matters intellectual.
Old December 12, 2003, 06:15   #39
Jamski
Deity

Greedy boy You already have a whole level, 3 subquests and one big quest and 2 arch-rivals and a wife. And you want a secret double life too?

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 06:16   #40
DrSpike
Deity

Hehe all right, I can live with just butchering commies.
Old December 12, 2003, 07:32   #41
Jamski
Deity

More screenshots

Bob wants to tell you stuff:

The settlers are scared to go in :

Because they are attacked by GOBLINS!

And Skellies! (that die easily too)

Who are controlled by the evil lord Vovan (who doesn't die so easily)

Later on in General Tacticus's barracks you can meet Oswald the Druid. (In green of course) He wants something from you...

More to come...

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 07:49   #42
DrSpike
Deity

Is Osweld supposed to look that effeminate?
Old December 12, 2003, 08:27   #43
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
Is Osweld supposed to look that effeminate?
Effeminate? Handsome is more like it. Pants are over-rated, anyways.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 12, 2003, 08:38   #44
Jamski
Deity

I made that armour-model specially for you Oswald. Its supposed to be "crazy druid" and I wanted armour that would show your tatoos.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 08:50   #45
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
Can I be a ghost lurking around?
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old December 12, 2003, 10:28   #46
Alex
Emperor

put me in Skanky's bar drinking lots of alcohol and babbling inane things...
Old December 12, 2003, 11:25   #47
Jamski
Deity

I've already put you in actually as a gladiator trainer who's life is ruined by the player

Unspeakable Horror, the gaveyard shall be yours

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 11:57   #48
Alex
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I've already put you in actually as a gladiator trainer who's life is ruined by the player

-Jam
It makes sense.
Old December 12, 2003, 13:06   #49
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I'll be glad to play it when I finally get NWN working. I've been trying to download the critical update (78 MB)- but didn't have DSL so I couldnt, however, now I have foudn some people that have DSL and an probalby download the update for me- so, I'll check back here in a few weeks and hopefully can play the mod
Old December 12, 2003, 13:11   #50
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Of course, you should always have a secret area for players to find "Area 24" .... remember that

And of course, another magical item can be the Gauntlet's of Banning....

or the Orb of Bananas... warping space-time and granting the player a "wish"

---
Any chance that I could possibly be included in the game! I'm looking forward to testing it.

Usually when I play games like Baldur's Gate, I'm a Lawful Good Paladin or Ranger... I like arrows, etc.

However, when I play D&D I'll sometimes play as a chaotic neutral or true neutral character who's obsessed with money and looting corpses for parts fo their bodies to sell to wizards and sorcerors
Old December 12, 2003, 13:18   #51
Jamski
Deity

Makes note : Darkcloud collects body parts.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 13:23   #52
Urban Ranger
Deity

Magic Item:

The Tome of DarkCloud
Old December 12, 2003, 13:29   #53
Urban Ranger
Deity

Fezzie, head of facist stormtroopers
Old December 12, 2003, 13:49   #54
Jamski
Deity

Fez is in as a man who kills prostitutes. Zylka is in as a prostitute

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 13:53   #55
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 16:20
LOL yeah...I like that Area 24 idea.

Would be coll if it could be added, Jam. Am I getting some dialogue, or what?

Asmodean
Old December 12, 2003, 14:14   #56
Jamski
Deity

I JUST finished adding two LONG stories that you tell. Its about 1000 words. Noone has more at the moment. You have a shop too. The stories tie in with Tass and Alexm. They're mildly amusing.

Also added today :

Complete rewrite of the Mrs Jamski - Skanky - DrSpike - ADG - DevilMunchkin - Fez - Aaglo - Jamski story (about 1500 lines of script - OW!)

Apolyton Town centre - complete with settlers, warlords, cheiftains, princes and kings (no emperors yet) and a rival establishment for Skanky's Bar and Grill - the Recreation Commons, run by Drogue.

More Spam-badgers

Area 24? Tell me about it so I can include it.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 14:39   #57
Jamski
Deity

I just tested the Mrs Jamski - Skanky - DrSpike - ADG - DevilMunchkin - Fez - Aaglo - Jamski quest - AND IT FINALLY WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD! I am a scripting GOD!

Perhaps.

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 14:41   #58
DrSpike
Deity

Does that mean I get to beat up some commies now?
Old December 12, 2003, 14:43   #59
Jamski
Deity

Actually you get to kill them ALL except Tass (but that happens in the back-story)

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 15:17   #60
DrSpike
Deity

I don't get to kill Tass? Surely his weedy lil' ass can't take my mighty orcness?