Old May 20, 2001, 10:15   #1
Panda
Prince

Local Time: 06:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Calming down the AI
So, you all know the problems I've been having with an over-aggressive AI in Crises. I have identified some solutions, but unfortunately these only work for the human player, not AI vs AI dialogue:

1. Seperate landmasses - has the effect of making the AI less easy to provoke, because troops are not counted as being on your territory unless they're right next a city. The same applies for how the AI regards your units.
2. Don't use Space Flight - I've just looked into this and found it makes Alliances with the AI less durable. As soon as you get the technology SFl the AI starts demanding technologies to preserve the Alliance, otherwise it unilaterally ends it.
3. Nuclear deterent - having nuclear units does make the AI less willing to go to war with you, but again this does not deter the AI from waging war against other AI controlled players.
4. Reputations at Spotless; Rational Perfectionists; Attitude <20 - if these do have an effect it must be very subtle.

So, any more suggestions? Because I really do need to calm things down.

Thanx guys.

------------------
"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
Old May 20, 2001, 11:17   #2
Grothgar
Prince

May i say that during mine and pauls game of crisis i can very wholeheartedly say that having nuclear weapons does not make the AI less likely to go to war with you. I have stopped counting the number of sneak attacks with nukes that have devestaed my cities and pauls. So having nukes makes the AI more likely to nuke you on their own accord

------------------
I am the LORD OF STRONDAR
Old May 20, 2001, 14:49   #3
Cal
Prince

I think Andrew means if you have nukes and the other countries don't.
Old May 20, 2001, 14:54   #4
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 07:16
I don`t have a single nuke on this game that Grothgar`s talking about and I get sneak-attacked almost constantly.

Although I have trapped the AI by placing loads of units in Rome, making it a prime target. SDI Defence in Milan gets them every time.