Old May 20, 2001, 18:19   #1
WarVoid
King

Local Time: 06:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Concerning SLeague: All Read
I've been promoted to running SLeague and, unfortunately, until I can figure out how to use FTP the site isn't going to be updated. However, in the meantime, since I don't have an e-mail address at Apolyton everyone can send their reviews and submissions for the League to me at warvoid@aol.com .

From there I will process them and get them up on the site ASAP. Cam will be sticking around to help me get things organised, and, as you can see, i've archived much of the forum and cleaned it up.

If anyone is interested in signing onto the SLeague staff as an editor or reviewer please contact me via either email or ICQ [73438757]. We desperately need to increase staffing since Stefan Haertel seems to have quit.

TO STEFAN: If you are reading this and still want your job contact me IMMEDIATELY. The site has gone unattended long enough and apparently neither Cam or myself have been able to contact you.
Old May 22, 2001, 19:10   #2
WarVoid
King

*bump*
Old May 23, 2001, 14:24   #3
Masis
Warlord

AS_SALAM_WALLEKOOM!
Welcome, welcome Warvoid!

Can I send you the proto-type version of Age of Alexius (about the stupid Franks trying to conquer and hold Syria) to evaluate?
Old May 23, 2001, 17:54   #4
WarVoid
King

As Salam, Masis.

Yeah, i'd be happy to try it out.

One question. When were the Franks ever in Syria??? Unless you mean the French...
Old May 23, 2001, 19:33   #5
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 01:16
I ought to know this....
The crusades. I ought to know, as I have a book on the Knights Templar sitting in front of me. And all my illusions of SLeague being somthing far beyond my comprehension has been dissolved. First, it was the rarity of Blackclove's appearance which created an aura of mystique, but now... Just ribbing you WV....
Old May 24, 2001, 14:09   #6
Masis
Warlord

TEMPLAR EVENT
A Knights Templar event has ben added to the Age of Alexius V2 scenario, hopefully Tom of the European civilization II site will accept it, I have been bombarding him with updates recently.

Last edited by Masis; May 25, 2001 at 13:51.
Old May 27, 2001, 08:06   #7
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
WarVoid, what is the trouble with FTP, can we help you, or is it a technical problem with Apolyton? I think the Sleague is still one of the best sites, it is too sad that such problems donīt allow updates.

What have you exactly in mind with "increase staff"? Iīd like to help the site, but Iīm afraid I canīt do it regularly, so I think I canīt sign up as "staff member". However, Iīll continue writing reviews from time to time...
Old May 27, 2001, 17:51   #8
WarVoid
King

BeBro, i'm using a crappy laptop with a 28k connection which I think greatly affects the FTP and for some reason it refuses to connect. I had a similar problem with Napster, which never worked for me do to the fact it would'nt connect.

The second problem is that Stefan dropped out. Originally I signed up as site programmer and Stefan as editor. I can write HTML, XHTML, SHTML with relative ease but i'm terrible at writing reviews, design tips and checking other people's works for typos before they're uploaded to the site. If you can do even some of this, no matter how insignificant, it would help greatly.

I've been trying to get a new computer but a recent car crash which totalled my vehicle has used all the money I had saved to buy a new pc. So i'm really at a loss here for what to do....
Old May 28, 2001, 09:50   #9
BeBro
Emperor

WarVoid, Iīve send you a mail about this...
Old May 29, 2001, 01:38   #10
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:46
INTERIM SITE

Such has been the difficulty with getting the Scenario League's site updated, I've created an interim site at http://www.users.bigpond.com/c.hills...ague/index.htm that hosts the last three reviews that I received - BeBro looks at Rome 280, Willem van Oranje at Star Trek BAQ, and John Valdez at Star Trek Dominion Wars.

Again, League members are asked to send e-mails to WarVoid on his 'aol' e-mail address rather than use the League's e-mail address for the time being, for the same reasons that have been set out previously.

We continue to work with the Gamestats technicians in order to try and resolve this frustrating state of affairs.
Old May 29, 2001, 08:25   #11
BeBro
Emperor

Great idea, Cam!

WarVoid, received you mail, itīs ok. Letīs see what scenario I review the next time...
Old May 29, 2001, 10:41   #12
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:46
BeBro,

I appreciate yours and the other guys' contributions and patience. A transition of 'management' is difficult enough without this sort of thing happening. Ideally WarVoid won't have the same problems I've struck, where I can download from the site, but attempts to get into the e-mail or ftp upload lead to errors. I've tried with three different computers with three different ISPs and two different ftp programs... same result!

It's important to make sure that this doesn't halt contributions to the League, and I'm hopeful that the community will continue to support this initiative through the guidance of WarVoid.

Thanks again.