Old May 15, 2001, 22:17   #31
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Think I found out what was aray, I didn't have 'show end of turn' option on. Thanks to cpoulos, of course!

So what now? Where is everything?

Old May 16, 2001, 01:57   #32
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
The turn where Jmarks hadn't played did indeed work as it was supposed to, so you are probably right about how you did something wrong
I can still play as normal if I load the file as a scenario (even the passwords for the players will remain) and then pass it along, in the future do whatever it was you didn't do and we wont have this problem.
I will have the file ready soon.
Old May 17, 2001, 11:02   #33
SCDARS
Civilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 05-16-2001 01:57 AM

What's "soon"?
Old May 17, 2001, 15:12   #34
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by SCDARS on 05-17-2001 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik on 05-16-2001 01:57 AM

What's "soon"?
Soon, is now
Old May 17, 2001, 17:45   #35
SCDARS
Warlord

A report from Salamis:
quote:

Civil unrest in Salamis! Since the Athenian suppressors are uncapable of restoring order by themselves, they have called the Corinthian empire for help. So without any bloodshed Salamis has become Corinthian protectorate. As long as they follow
Periandros' advice to compensate the Chalcideans for their losses, the Athenians should not feel threatened.

BTW, the Corinthian troops securing it against piracy and Athenian aggression now have a quite good view to the Acopolis of Athens:

P.S: Don't ask me why the Acropolis seems to consist of ruins on the photo Maybe it's a prophecy?
Old May 18, 2001, 11:22   #36
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

If the Corinthians recall, the Athenian Acropolis has no such buildings as of yet. Such buildings can only come with greatness, so mabey it is a prophecy...
Old May 18, 2001, 14:14   #37
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Didn't say we didn't have an Acropolis, just said we didn't have those buildings yet. Those things are expensive! Whose turn is it anyway?
Old May 18, 2001, 17:20   #38
MagyarCrusader

****ing piece of ****-ed up ****ity ****ty **** ****! ****ing microsoft(microsucks) express keeps crashing on me every time I try to write an email. Bill Gates is a ****ing hoser dickhead... god damn that *****...

Sorry for that, but I'm trying to find a way to email you JMarks the game...

------------------
"The Rumanians are really the most reliable people in the world when it comes to depending upon their breaking any promises they make." - General Harry Hill Bandholtz, US Army, 22 NOV 1919. General Bandholtz was the one who saved the Crown Jewels from the Rumanians. His statue sits in front of the American Embassy in Budapest.
Truth

Old May 19, 2001, 00:16   #39
Henrik
Emperor

Athens has an Acropolis, but nothing as grand as the onne on the picture...
(Acropolises exists in all greek towns, parthenon hasnt been built yet).
Old May 21, 2001, 00:36   #40
MagyarCrusader

Well I sent the file a few days ago... whats up?

Old May 21, 2001, 08:32   #41
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Sorry, I was trying to get some talks started so I could decide what my course would be. It should be off this morning.

Ioanes
Old May 21, 2001, 08:55   #42
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The people of Athens have been celebrating for two turns now due to their prosperous trade. The war with Chalcis has been halted and a cease-fire signed. An agreement of reperation has been made for when peace has been truely established. However all is not well. Corinthian soldiers are desicrating the Temple of Zeus just outside the walls of Athens! We instist the Corinthians remove their raucus soldiers before they do anymore harm to our sacred sights. Should they do so, without any harm to any of the populous or structures outside Athens, we offer to them a treaty of peace.

Tyrant Ioanes
Old May 22, 2001, 22:07   #43
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Corinthians have cruely ravaged an Athenian suburb, for which they'll pay dearly. However trade is still booming and Athens is still in celibration. A trader should be in Sparta by the end of seven turns. We hope relations with them will stay favorable.

Tyrant Ioanes

PS good game so far! I really screwed up, but its far from over.
Old May 23, 2001, 03:02   #44
SCDARS
Warlord

Actually, the unit was moved onto the "Temple of Zeus" by the AI , because the first moves I always pressed CTRL+N [B]after my last active unit had already lost his movement.
I then removed them from the shrine terrain, but then realized that I had to move north because of ZOC issues.

If the Cavalry units is attacked, immediate action will follow and reconciliation will be very expensive to achieve.

You know, Periander is peace-loving as ever , and would currently demand only 2 caravans as reparation if no units are attacked, but the people on street will enforce quick response if any Corinthian unit is violated...
Old May 23, 2001, 09:00   #45
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Ruler of Corinth is evidently unable to rule his own army. Not only did your AI attack the shrine, it raped an Athenian suburb and parked itself outside my smaller city. Being at war, it was consiquently destroyed. Mabey next time you'll reign in your troops. Your warning was at naught as it came after my turn, therefore I demand reperation for the unjust demogogery that stole Salamis, for the enslavement of Athenian people, and for the time and energy Athens has wasted defending herself from your militaristic expansion.

Tyrant Ioanes
Old May 23, 2001, 13:52   #46
Henrik
Emperor

The state of Calchis agrees to a peace treaty in exchange for some satisfaction (in the old meaning of the word), 150 gold should be enough.
Otherwise all is well in Calchis
Old May 23, 2001, 14:05   #47
SCDARS
Warlord

Maybe the Ruler of Corinth is really unable to reign. I just noticed I sent out the savegame I received, and no the one I made my last turn with.

But I could cope with it, unlike Athens... Because the all units I wanted to send
east had not been moved there I had quite a lot of units in Salamis but also in the two Isthmos cities... Mobilizing my last reserves (o yes, I like ship movement rates greater or equal 8!) I was still able to empty Athenian garrison!

But I don't want to destroy you, JMarks. It's just an email game, and it should be played for fun, and not just to achieve victory and greatest-possible expansion.

So my suggestion would be:
1. I send out my last turn (you can see from the date that I didn't do anything else since then).
2. We find a way settle this dispute (i.e. you give me 2-3 caravans within the next 10 or so turns and pledge not to threat any human player any longer) and concentrate on development and the scenario plot which implies preparation for an Persian invasion.
The Persians won't be that easy if we follow one of John Ellis suggestion:
Quote:
[If the slot is still open, maybe I could play Chalcis. ]Alternatively, I could be a sort of referee and play the Persians. They are too strong for a human who was really trying to win, but I would stick to the historical script and give the Greeks a real good reason to hang together!
I would really like the idea that John could take the Persians. Because it's an email-game we have the advantage that he could skip the first boring turns (where the Persians have no options to play) and just come in when the invasion begins. This could be a real challenge for all city states!
Old May 23, 2001, 14:17   #48
Henrik
Emperor

The demands for peace has been highered by the tyrant of Calchis!
As the winning side of this coalition is me and the corinthians (intervening on my behalf to protect me from athenian agression) I want addiotional satisfaction:
Apart from 150 gold I also want one swordsman and a promise that Athens wont declare war on me again.
Old May 23, 2001, 14:58   #49
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Alas, Athens is humbled!

Of course this is one of my first Multi player games (the others being 2194 days and Sieze the Crown).

I'm not exactly sure whats going on and probably need some clarification. Anywhoo, what it sounds like is probably a good deal, and I'd love to try to conquer the Greeks as the Persians, when the time comes. Athens accepts defeat from the Corinthians and will try to give two caravans within ten turns.
However, As far as Chalcis is concerned, we do not have 150 gold, nor do we have any swordsmen. Raise the funds yourself and build the swordsmen yourself. We will only give 50 gold.

Athens is looking into empty islands in the Aegian and we wish to set up camp in the island between Andros and Delos, and reestablish the town of Sunium among other things. We wish for acceptance with the Corinthians in these actions as the people of Athens are cramped and need to establish colonies.

Tyrant Ioanes
Old May 23, 2001, 17:03   #50
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Don't be alarmed, this is MagyarCrusader's current username, at least for a little while.

Sparta feels shamed from being left out of the action! So the Spartan warriors took out their aggression on a local village, securing much needed currency and adding slave workers to the fields of Sparta. The city's population is now 8, making it the mighiest city in the know world!
Old May 24, 2001, 02:44   #51
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JMarks
I'm not exactly sure whats going on and probably need some clarification. Anywhoo, what it sounds like is probably a good deal, and I'd love to try to conquer the Greeks as the Persians, when the time comes
He was refering to John Ellis, the creator of this scenario (he offered to do the thing in the quote).
I think you will be allowed to keep Athens...
Old May 24, 2001, 18:15   #52
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Henrik,

Yes, I know he was refering to Ellis.

SCDARS,

I can't give you any caravans, your AI won't let me.

Ioanes
Old May 26, 2001, 05:56   #53
SCDARS
Warlord

Well, seems like I'd have to change my attitude under F3 advisor menu next turn...
I hope game is progressing, though...
Old May 26, 2001, 07:12   #54
Henrik
Emperor

The calchidians has made thier moves.
Old May 26, 2001, 07:59   #55
SCDARS
Warlord

The Corinthians are quick and successful as ever
Old May 26, 2001, 23:43   #56
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I got a message saying Thebens researched Writing.

Sparta conquered a city to the east (sorry, its name escapes me).
Old May 27, 2001, 18:00   #57
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Athens has moved.

However, SCDARS, I still can't send my 'inferior troops' to you. Your interegnum won't let me!

Ioanes
Old May 28, 2001, 11:54   #58
Henrik
Emperor

Turn sent to SCDARS
Calchis has moved
Old May 28, 2001, 13:38   #59
SCDARS
Warlord

Corinth has moved...
and founded one new city at the old site of Sunion as well as capturing Delos...

P.S: John (=JMarks), try giving the caravans one further time. If it still fails we could either consider playing online for some time. Otherwise I could live with it, if you delivered one trade route to
each Corinth, Salamis and the new city at the location of the former Sunion. You could (obviuosly) keep the science, but give me the cash gained from the established trade routes.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip hellas740.zip (37.6 KB, 2 views)
Old May 28, 2001, 22:23   #60
JMarks
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

SCDARS,

ok, one more time, then I'll send the caravans out.

Ioanes