Old December 11, 2003, 15:48   #1
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 15:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMN needed
Any players experienced at CMN'ing willing to start off a rather ambitious game packed with new players ?

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1

So far we're set on :

SMAC
Transcend
All victory conditions ON
Steal tech when conquer base ON
Directed research ON

Normal sized map
Low oceans
Low erosion
High rainfall
Average fungus

Players -
-kilian - gaians - xxReinder_r@hotmail.com
-lazerus - hive - xxKris_no1@hotmail.com
-agentsubversion - believers - xxagentsubversion@aol.com
-dacole - peacekeepers - xxdacole@wfubmc.edu
-Impaler - Spartans - xxxImpalerWrG@yahoo.com
-sebed - morganites - xxsebed@poczta.onet.pl

If you've got any pet project scenarios you need some guinea pigs to test it out on then im sure most will be happy to oblige.

Many thanks will be heading your way
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old December 11, 2003, 16:59   #2
Kilian Vassar
Settler

I've got 2 more questions. Is it true that with a pbem game you have to keep on the original factions order ( gai-hiv-uni-mor-spa-pea-bel)? That's important to know for sending it through. And how do you do diplomacy if we aren't all online and playing at the same time?

University and CMN are still open, 20:00 hours left

-KV
,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State
Old December 11, 2003, 21:38   #3
almostz
Warlord

Local Time: 08:24
University sounds good.
I'd like to play in this game
my e-mail address is
Almostz@ureach.com

-Almostz
Old December 12, 2003, 13:30   #4
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:24
Re: CMN needed
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazerus
So far we're set on :

SMAC
Transcend
All victory conditions ON
Steal tech when conquer base ON
Directed research ON

Normal sized map
Low oceans
Low erosion
High rainfall
Average fungus
I would also recommend "Don't restart eliminated Players", as I played in a 7 player game called AHAC (All Human, All Conflict) game back in the beginning of 2002, that went very quickly for a 7 player game. We used a Small map, meaning that after 3 turns I was in contact with another faction. The reason for the "Don't Restart eliminated player" was because several of us were indeed overun before MY2200 (in fact I think it was over well b4 2200, IIRC).
If you want, since there are no AI's to monitor/ supervise, why I can set something up relatively quickly. I wouldn't plan on playtesting - just ensure that everyone gets a fair starting location, and then your on your own. If that is satisfactory, let me know, and I will do this probably this evening (in about 10 hours my time). Game name for the turn-tracking thread would be AHAC2, unless someone has something in mind already.

D
Old December 12, 2003, 13:41   #5
Lazerus
King

I normally consider the don't restart elimanted players as a standard setting so yes we'd like that on.

Also would it be possible to get the turn settings something like Kilian->Sebed->Lazerus->Dacole->Impaler->almostz->AgentSubversion

Just something along the lines of that would fit in with the time zones and save less bouncing across the atlantic.

Massive thanks Darsnan
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old December 12, 2003, 14:27   #6
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 07:24
Remember I work Nights so my Prime Play period would be in late Afternoon in Europe. If Most people in Europle and America play in Evening after sun set then I should be before Europe and After America so I can pick up the turn the next morning after everyone has played.

I think we should ask a bit more when people are going to be playing and taylor the turn order around that for maximum speed, a turn a day seams like a reasonable goal.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 12, 2003, 14:53   #7
Lazerus
King

lol 7 players, a turn per 3 days would be a reasonable goal
I'm on 17:30-19:30 GMT most days.
Old December 12, 2003, 15:06   #8
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 14:24
I'll play the turn as soon as I can when I get it agree that we should taylor turn to time zone. If we got to a turn a day that would be miraculos have two and three human player games that are not that good. High rainfall, low oceans Low erosion, hmm conflict will be over flat areas and very possible two factions may start on the same land mass..hmmm

hope we start soon, will be interesting to play on a samller map I usually play on huge ones myself
Old December 12, 2003, 15:11   #9
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazerus
Also would it be possible to get the turn settings something like Kilian->Sebed->Lazerus->Dacole->Impaler->almostz->AgentSubversion
SMAC Faction rotation is fixed, meaning it always starts with Deirdre and ends with the PK's. Too bad, I know, but thats the way it is with SMAC!

D
Old December 12, 2003, 15:52   #10
Lazerus
King

dacole, low erosion = rocky. This is going to be a high nut/high mineral game.

Ok Darsnan, forgot all those extra tweaks come with smax
Old December 12, 2003, 15:59   #11
Kilian Vassar
Settler

Ok, I'm all set for the game! And so are all of you! 7 Players! And a CMN! Brilliant. Too bad about the rotation thing. I guess I'll just start then ... hehe . Ok I understand everything, accoarding to my pc I use GMT+1. I'll play as often as possible. Darsnan, thanks a lot for your help. My XXmail's Reinder_r@hotmail.com (I still don't understand the function of the XX-s). Bring on the game whenever you want to!

-KV
,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State
Old December 12, 2003, 16:02   #12
Kilian Vassar
Settler

-kilian vassar - gaians - xxReinder_r@hotmail.com
-lazerus - hive - xxKris_no1@hotmail.com
-almostz - university - xxlmostz@ureach.com
-Impaler - Spartans - xxxImpalerWrG@yahoo.com
-sebed - morganites - xxsebed@poczta.onet.pl
-dacole - peacekeepers - xxdacole@wfubmc.edu
-agentsubversion - believers - xxagentsubversion@aol.com

These are all the players. Good luck to you all!
Old December 12, 2003, 21:49   #13
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

To All,

I have run into a slight problem this evening in that I set up the game to start out in MY 2500 (a test on my part as to whether the starting MY has a bearing on when Global warming is triggered), however the game keeps exiting as I try to set the passwords!?! I have tried to reload the original game and I am still getting crashes, so I am going to start from scratch tomorrow (i.e. Saturday). Sorry for not delivering on time, but this was not an expected outcome from just changing the starting and stopping MY's for the game!
Anyways, one thing I will be doing to speed up the early game is to give everyone 3 speeder CP's (instead of the traditional infantry chassis Cp's), as well as uncover the immediate squares around your starting locations, both to speed the early game as well as better simulate the fact that your landing craft should be able to photograph their final descents to Planet (IMO). FYI and again sorry to any of the Europeans who were waiting up tonight for this game to begin.
The game will be rebuilt, and sent tomorrow.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 13, 2003, 01:29   #14
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Darn, inflexilble turn order. I bet thats why SMACX is more popular for Mulit-player, oh well. I am wondering, if we each had SMACX and selected to play "original" SMAC PBEM would we gain the ability to shuffle turn order? I have SMACX but prefer the original factions, if anyone here lacks it SMACX can be obtained by downloading it from the-underdogs.org

Perhaps our Long suffering CMN can put that map on hold for a few days if were interested in upgrading the game to a more sophisticated turn order with SMACX

As the turn order is set up It seems I will be reciving my turn from Almostz who is in the USA. If he can send it to me before 0100 hours GMT then I should be able to get it sent off to Sebed for him to play the following evening. If not I would have to keep the turn wial I am working and would likly not be able to get it sent untill 1600 hours.

If Sebed plays as early as he can in the afternoon or evening then it can likly reach Dacole in time to be played in the Evening or Night. Then Subversion recives it and we dont know ware he is, if he is in the US he might be able to play it, if he is in Eurpoe though he likly will be asleep by then. Next would be Killien in Europe who should try to play in time for Laz to recive it in the afternoon. Laz then sends to Almostz who have plenty of time to send it back to me before I play the next morning. So it looks like a 72 hour rotation at best. With better turn order we can probly take 24 hours off that so a delay here in setting this up would probly pay for itself in the first few turns. If no one else is in favor of this or its not possible then by all mean DAMN the torpedos! Full Speed Ahead!
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 13, 2003, 01:53   #15
almostz
Warlord

on the last post about the players, my e-mail was misspelled, probably by mistake, but just in case it is
almostz@ureach.com
I just wanted to post that so to prevent an y game delays
thank you
-almostz
Old December 14, 2003, 06:43   #16
Impaler[WrG]
King

Password Recived
I have recived my Password from Darsen

Thanks Darsen

I asumed the game has started now and I will be getting sent the turn in a few days as I am near the end of the turn order. Good luck everyone, you will need it MWHAHAHAHAH

P.S. We are going to need a Trun tracking Tread too by the way, the Gaians should do that as their first.
Old December 14, 2003, 06:56   #17
Lazerus
King

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=104048

its already been done, courtesy of darsnan again
Old December 15, 2003, 07:01   #18
Kilian Vassar
Settler

So what about it Lazerus, have you reached my turn/mail yet or not?
-KV
Old December 22, 2003, 01:05   #19
almostz
Warlord

does any body know where this game is at? It's been a while since I've recieved the first e-mail turn, and haven't recieved a second turn yet.
thank you
-almostz
Old December 22, 2003, 06:18   #20
Lazerus
King

read the turn tracking thread