Old January 8, 2004, 01:46   #31
Outsider
Settler

Local Time: 14:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"Having to add loads of my workers/settlers to my newly conquered and starved cities just so they can START generating culture is the ugliest trait of any government in my opinion."

Starving out foreign loyalists is so slow and wasteful, though!

Once you've suppressed all resisters, use forced labor to make a culture producing city improvement (I usually go for a temple) If it wont let you force it all at once, start with something smaller, and switch your way up to it, forcing at every level. Ideally, you get down to one citizen left and have a culture producing improvement in place. Then, since you have only one foreign loyalist to overcome, it doesnt take much time or effort at all to start getting culture.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 06:43   #32
Filippo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:25
It all depends on your Civ, your style of play, and the current game you're playing. Fascism is not really a rescue or anything else than a governmeant meant to let you be able to destroy everything. Which on Demi-God or higher level is much likely to happen, unless you've been very lucky and cunning with diplomacy and resources. However I think that Fascism is only good if you want to achieve a Domination victory, because just to make 1 single war it not worth. In its age, the age of railroads, Democracy is as much good or even better than Fascism, because armies move in a flash and wars don't last long. But as someone as stated before, making wars with Democracy requires you to have enough city improvements, wonders and luxuries to support you... these conditions are very hard in the highest level. I think Fascism would have been definitely better than Communism as a war gov., but the newly added police HQ might make me change my mind about Communism (never liked its corruption/waste distribution). Have yet to test it.
Filippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 06:50   #33
Filippo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Cerbykins
You'd have to be a small-land-area, mobilised nation with lots of metros, constantly fighting for your life to get the most out of this gov. And really, it's not a realistic situation. Name all the times you have suffered this

Actually it's my common scenario in Demi-God level, not to mention Deity. Though I generally do the most important wars in the Middle Age. The M.A. is the key age to this game, it's where if you don't catch up with tech run you'll stay behind forever and it's where if you don't conquer/colonize enough land you'll find yourself in the situation above mentioned in the Industrial Age. And I don't know about you, but the highest levels of diff. tend to lead me exactly there :P
Filippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 10:04   #34
burtis
Settler

Local Time: 14:25
I believe this goverment was put in for multiplayer games. As it has no WW it is the only goverment choice when faced with a war with a human. No more short wars or paying people off with a few techs. If a Non-Regionious players are in Republic or democracy and I'm in Fascism they dont stand a chance as i'm not stopping until it all over.
burtis is offline   Reply With Quote