Old December 12, 2003, 11:32   #1
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 17:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Home/Central front HQ
February 1948 - Progress report

The Irgun unit from Degania destroyed a fanatic unit near Gesher.

Our Kibbutzniks in: Degania, Gesher, and Beit Shean, started buildinga road.

a Zion worker has begun the construction of a railroad near the shore.

For the next turn, I'd like to have another construction unit on the shore, perhaps, and some combat units in the valley.

Sadeh out.
Old January 1, 2004, 15:13   #2
Az
Emperor

March 1948

an ok round, overall. both enemy artillery units, the egyptian and the palestinian, were destroyed. the kibbutzniks completed the road to Beit Shean.

On the coast, with the looming approach of the Arab Legion unit, I've concentrated for the defence of tantura, and possible counterattack.

The Zion worker has completed a piece of the Haifa-Tel Aviv railroad.

A machinegun unit from Haifa, as well as an artillery piece, started moving in the direction of Nazareth, to lay siege on it.

For the next round:
-I now really start to feel warm glow of the massing jordanian forces on the other side of the border. I mean it. All I have in the valley is ( valley doesn't include Ein Gev) :

- 3 Kibbutzniks.
- 3 machineguns
- 2 Irgun units.

I'll let the COS and govt. decide whether this is enough for the upcoming battle. If you people think that you want to help me there, please train the units in Degania.

oh, and for Ein Gev: people, please change the building orders! I could have a nice juicy AA unit, or something, there.
Old January 2, 2004, 18:51   #3
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 14:27
What's in Ein Gev?
Old January 3, 2004, 12:52   #4
Az
Emperor

some two units. I don't remember which. in any case, they will surely won't be sufficient, so that city fortification must be changed to a unit, IMO.
Old January 3, 2004, 22:47   #5
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 10:27
The kibbutznicks are actually rather good at defence. If we move them into the cities to defend, they will help to slow down the Jordanians greatly.
Old January 4, 2004, 07:19   #6
Az
Emperor

I don't know how to fortify them, tho. plus, I need them for some cool public works.
Old January 4, 2004, 12:38   #7
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:27
Put them in a city, press the right button over them in the main city screen and press fortify. It works with all the settler-type units.
Old January 4, 2004, 14:29   #8
Az
Emperor

I still need the for public works. I am about to make my forces there completely liquid, by connecting them with rail.
Old March 4, 2004, 16:28   #9
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'm taking this front until Azazel will return
Old March 4, 2004, 19:32   #10
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
Please sticky this thread.
Old March 4, 2004, 20:53   #11
PinkyGen
Prince

I have used my godlike powers to make it so.
Old March 7, 2004, 18:03   #12
yaroslav
Emperor

My analisis
ANALYSIS
This front is clearly divided into two sectors: West Bank of the Jordan and the mediterranean coast.

The West Bank

The number of units here is enough for now, but if the enemy activy increases, there could be severe problem. Plus, there is no defense against aerial attacks. My top priority will be the defense of Degania, but if no more units are assigned, I can't warranty that I'll defend all the cities, but I hope so. It could be interesting to have a common bunch of units in Tiberias to help both the Golan and the West bank in case such a need arises.
And if the Golan proves itself as unbeatable, as I hope, then all the marauding armies will come at the West bank.

The mediterranean
Here I've a nice bunch of units and I can start a little offensive. As long as Sinai will defend the south border, I'll have no menaces from Palestinians, I believe. Nazareth is the obvius start point (i think) and with the two arties at Haifa a nice offensive could be build.
With Nazareth we'll have a new road from the mediterranean to Tiberias, that could be interesting. After that, the group should head south and try to conquer as many cities as possible...

But that is counting that the two arties are assigned to the offensive. I don't understand what are they doing in the city, sleeping, when there are so much foes to destroy!
Old March 18, 2004, 15:54   #13
Az
Emperor

Hiya folks, I am back.
Old March 18, 2004, 16:06   #14
Az
Emperor

Never mind. MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE CIV.
Old March 22, 2004, 18:35   #15
yaroslav
Emperor

July 1948: Report of the Home Front.

East:

One calvary palestinian destroyed near Gesher, city that was reinforced. An arty was destroyed near Ein Gev... We really need those AA in our cities... I'll try to defend Degaria as top priority.

West:

Arty of Haifa has been put in movement, and Nazareth is gonna be sieged. Its fall is expected by next month... Maybe then we can decide whether to reinforce the east front or go down to Jenin
Old April 11, 2004, 06:15   #16
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Mishmar needs the T-34! North is in great danger!
Old April 11, 2004, 13:07   #17
PinkyGen
Prince

I'm worried that the forces beseiging Nazareth can be counter-attacked, since there won't be any fortress to protect them. Perhaps you should consider sending the Palmach in Beth-Shean to aid them. Their are no city defenses, so it or perhaps even Hagganah attacks could prove effective.

And let this be a lesson to all front commanders to not risk slow moving forces without proper zion workers or kibbutznicks to help with siege.
Old April 16, 2004, 16:32   #18
yaroslav
Emperor

Ok, lesson learned, Prime Minister.

Nazareth has fallen and the Palmach unit of Bet-Shean is ready to help the siege and conquest of Jenin in one or two turns...

In the Jordan one enemy unit was destroyed and another was destroyed near Tantura S.
Old May 6, 2004, 14:53   #19
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:27
Commanding General Arriving
*The new General walks into th command bunker for the Israeli Home Front and gathers his staff officers for a briefing.

"ATTENTION!!!"

"Your new General has arrived.
I believe a briefing is in order."

1. What cities am I expected to defend?
2. I want a sitrep from all unit commanders immediately along with intelligence on what the enemy has been doing and what you believe the enemy will be doing in the next 3 turns in the area.
3. What kind of enemy forces have been spotted in my area, information on armored units and planes is especially desired.
4. What did the previous general have planned, and how are the preperations for that going?
5. What kind of reinforcements can I epect, and what kind of demands upon my troops can I expect?
6. Aside from Attacking/Defending, am I tasked with any other jobs such as public works creation like railroads, mines, city creation?
7. What kind of limitations have placed upon me from above, politically and militarily?
8. Who is the Northern Front Commander? Who is the Judean Front Commander?
9. Who do I talk to about city queues?
10. Can I have a new thread if I ask for it?

"And remember if I tell you to do one thing, and God asks you to do another, you better hope Yaweh is forgiving because I will not be. Operations planning will begin at 0700 tommorow morning. Dismissed!"

Last edited by H Tower; May 6, 2004 at 14:59.
Old May 6, 2004, 16:33   #20
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

New Policies and Goals
I've been looking over the save and I have a few policies I'm going to attempt to enact over the next several months. (September and October)

1. Rehoming of Military Units
Currently military units in the Home Sector are Homed to cities other than the ones they are guarding, creating waste and dangerous possibilities in case even one city falls. This should be completed in September and is not forseen to affect combat operations in any way

2. Using inferior troops in rear cities.
Currently we have the inferior Hagana units defending some of our front line cities in the heart of the action while Machine Gun units sit in coastal cities throwing rocks into the Meditteranean. This policy will begin to take shape in late October or possibly be delayed until november or later as to not sacrifice the defense of front line cities while units pass each other in transit along slow roads.

3. A mutually beneficial railroad for the Home Front and the Northern Front.
This will have to be planned along with the Northern Front Commander to plot the path of the railroad. The purpose of this railroad will be to bring reinforcements from the coast to the eastern cities quickly. While the Home Front would prefer a RR through Nazereth to Dengania which would support military operations being planned, a RR through Yehi'am would be possible to construct much faster. This plan should not interfere with the construction of the Haifa-Tel Aviv RR which brings immigrants and reinforcements to the southern portions of the country. This is a long reaching plan that will likely last long into the new year.

4. The Veteran Army.
Rear cities currently are building troops that will not be properly housed in training camps to become veterans. I hope to work with the city planners to systematically upgrade these cities to produce veteran units. This will be done in several phases with several cities still producing military units at any one time.

5. The Liberation of the West Bank
While maintaing the current lines through the cities of Dengania-Gesher-Beth Shean the Home Sector Army will work in concert with the Judean Front Command to squeeze Palestinian forces in the West Bank with Home Sector units intially marching upon Jenin. Initial reinforcements will NOT be needed to begin this operation however several armored units will be needed if this offensive is to get much farther than the gates of Nablus .

6. River Line Fortification
The addition of barracks and City Defences will be requested of the City Planner to ensure that a minimal number of troops need be devoted to holding off any Jordanian attempt to strike at our lines while many of my forces are engaging the enemy in and around the Jenin-Nablus region. Anti aircraft artillery will likely be needed to accomplish this mission.
Old May 6, 2004, 21:01   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

HTower sighting!!!!!!!!

Welcome back H!!!!!!!
Old May 6, 2004, 22:20   #22
Dr. Nick
Deity

We had a long discussion about strategy some time ago... look it up, you should find lots of info there.
Old May 6, 2004, 23:07   #23
Dr. Nick
Deity

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=109386

And there it is.

D-92
Old May 7, 2004, 13:38   #24
yaroslav
Emperor

Re: Commanding General Arriving
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
*The new General walks into th command bunker for the Israeli Home Front and gathers his staff officers for a briefing.

"ATTENTION!!!"

"Your new General has arrived.
I believe a briefing is in order."

1. What cities am I expected to defend?
I believe that all the cities you have are expected to remain in Israel's hands, except maybe Ein Gev. But it's up to the politicians

Quote:
2. I want a sitrep from all unit commanders immediately along with intelligence on what the enemy has been doing and what you believe the enemy will be doing in the next 3 turns in the area.
Good question. Well, in the west front I'll expect some minor palestinian attacks. Very minor, in fact. With the Irgun unit near Tantura should be more than enough to protect the front. The North , Nazareth, should not get too many attack. Also there would be attacks in East, but I believe that the worst has already happend. I'll expect serious attacks on Ein Gev, by Sirians and Palestine attacks from Jordania.

Quote:
3. What kind of enemy forces have been spotted in my area, information on armored units and planes is especially desired.
I've no spotted planes or tanks. I've spotted Fanatic, Frontiner Guard in some places and Arab Soldiers in some cities. Arab Calvary is also common.

Quote:
4. What did the previous general have planned, and how are the preperations for that going?
My plans were to go from Nazareth to the south, using some units from the East side of the front to support the attacks. The attack force (two arties, basically) is near Nazareth and could get into the mountains near Jenin next turn. Also there is a T-34 tank in Tiberias that North Front is not going to use for the next 2 or 3 turns... Discuss with Stalin II the usage of this tank.

Quote:
5. What kind of reinforcements can I epect, and what kind of demands upon my troops can I expect?
This is for the PM and the COS to answer. However, I think that to conquest two or three more cities is a reasonable demand.

Quote:
6. Aside from Attacking/Defending, am I tasked with any other jobs such as public works creation like railroads, mines, city creation?
PM has asked us to support the sieges of cities with fortress. I was waiting to complete the railroad from Tel-Aviv to Haifa (that is a must in case the Egypt front gest worse, IMHO.

Quote:
7. What kind of limitations have placed upon me from above, politically and militarily?
Up to the COS.

Quote:
8. Who is the Northern Front Commander? Who is the Judean Front Commander?
I'm Judean Front COmmander. North Front Commander is Stalin II. Rasputin is Egypt Front Commander.

Quote:
9. Who do I talk to about city queues?
Arthedain is the minister of economy and Steve the mister of Defense.

Quote:
10. Can I have a new thread if I ask for it?
I'm not the one to answer, but I'd say YES

Quote:
"And remember if I tell you to do one thing, and God asks you to do another, you better hope Yaweh is forgiving because I will not be. Operations planning will begin at 0700 tommorow morning. Dismissed!"
Nice end
Old May 7, 2004, 15:10   #25
H Tower

Re: Re: Commanding General Arriving
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav

I believe that all the cities you have are expected to remain in Israel's hands, except maybe Ein Gev. But it's up to the politicians
I've got a plan for Ein Gev that should keep it in our hands.

Quote:
I've no spotted planes or tanks. I've spotted Fanatic, Frontiner Guard in some places and Arab Soldiers in some cities. Arab Calvary is also common.

Quote:
My plans were to go from Nazareth to the south, using some units from the East side of the front to support the attacks. The attack force (two arties, basically) is near Nazareth and could get into the mountains near Jenin next turn. Also there is a T-34 tank in Tiberias that North Front is not going to use for the next 2 or 3 turns... Discuss with Stalin II the usage of this tank.
That tank is going North, Stalin II needs it much more than I do.

Quote:
PM has asked us to support the sieges of cities with fortress. I was waiting to complete the railroad from Tel-Aviv to Haifa (that is a must in case the Egypt front gest worse, IMHO.
This is an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY right now, we only have 2 zion workers and I only have 1 under my control.
Old May 7, 2004, 15:28   #26
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I believe I have some Zion workers in the shipment of Immigrants due in Haifa this upcoming turn.

Ill double check and let you know.
Old May 7, 2004, 16:44   #27
PinkyGen
Prince

You are entitled to reasonable reinforcement (whatever that is), provided no other front is in a crisis situation. I would like to eliminate that Palestinian pocket.
Old May 7, 2004, 17:28   #28
H Tower

#4 of my policies is irrelevant since we have the equivalent of Sun Tzu's, all units are born veterans
Old May 8, 2004, 16:15   #29
H Tower

Central Front's West Bank Offensive. OP Plan #1A
(To see Op Plan #1, see September turn report)

Description
High Command has authorized an offensive south from Nazareth into the West Bank with the eventual link up of the Judean and Central Front link up to accomplished somewhere near Nablus or Beth Shemen. The first target is the city of Jenin, sure to be a tough nut to crack as it resides on a hilltop with strong city walls. Massive amounts of artillery will be needed to blast the enemy off the high ground. Additonal units that are not presently under Central Front command are : (1) Zion Worker currently at sea, (1) Palmach to be rushed with a disbanded immigrant in Haifa. (1) WW2 Artillery to be ourchased in September. (???) any additional artillery units that can be spared from other commands.

September 1948
-Nazareth Attack force moves into Nazereth (2) Machine Gun, (2) WW1 artillery
-WW1 Artillery in Haderah moves north towards Haifa
-Zion Worker (onboard ship currently) lands in Haifa and begins building RR next to it but work is aborted
Rush palmach in Haifa with disbanded immigrant
-WW2 artillery purchased from Europe moves north to near Haifa

October 1948
-Zion Worker with 1 turn of prebuild moves to outside Jenin and builds fortress (instant completion)
-(2) machine gun and (2) WW1 artillery move to Fortress from nazereth
-Palmach in Haifa moves to fortress outside of Jenin
-WW1 Artillery outside Haifa moves to near Nazareth.
-WW2 Artillery outside Haifa moves to near Nazareth

November 1948
-(2) WW1 Artillery in fortress attack Jenin
-WW1 artillery west of Nazareth arrives in Fortress
-WW2 artillery west of Nazareth arrives in Fortress
-Any 1 movement point units sent from Ashod in September will arrive in Fortress this month.
Old May 8, 2004, 16:37   #30
yaroslav
Emperor

So do you expect to conquest the city by December, then?