Old May 10, 2004, 15:21   #61
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
will have to learn myself the value of the artillerys....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old May 10, 2004, 15:47   #62
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
a little hard for you, there's so much open ground around you and the egyptians are always trying to advance, you have an environment born for tanks. The golan is an area born for artillery to rain death upon units slowed by the terrain.
Old May 10, 2004, 16:25   #63
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 14:27
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

I'll settle for another WW2 artillery and maybe a a rushed palmach on the river line
Be sure to let Con and Arthedrain know about that. They have a shared thread where requests should be made here. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...9&pagenumber=4

(But I see you've found it).
Old May 10, 2004, 17:39   #64
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

So aside from all the fury over the zion worker and transport, are there any other comments for my command?
Old May 10, 2004, 18:17   #65
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:27
Quote:
So aside from all the fury over the zion worker and transport, are there any other comments for my command?
Im still waiting to see if the PM shall accept my resignation or not.
Old May 10, 2004, 20:38   #66
PinkyGen
Prince

NO!!

Get back to work, I have exams to study for.
Old May 10, 2004, 22:56   #67
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Sorry HTower, you just couldn't pull it off, so I guess you are stuck with me

Old May 11, 2004, 01:48   #68
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
a little hard for you, there's so much open ground around you and the egyptians are always trying to advance, you have an environment born for tanks. The golan is an area born for artillery to rain death upon units slowed by the terrain.
well as i seem to have a far bit of artillery down here, sohuld i perhaps send some to you and get some more tanks isntead....
Old May 11, 2004, 02:21   #69
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin

well as i seem to have a far bit of artillery down here, sohuld i perhaps send some to you and get some more tanks isntead....
After you use your arty to kill the two Egyptian arty's, I think the COS is going to transfer for them elsewhere.
Old May 11, 2004, 02:54   #70
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ok i used them this tirn so next turn the cos can have them....
Old May 25, 2004, 19:42   #71
H Tower

October Report
Here's the results of the troops movements this month by the central front, 2 newly created Palmachs moved forward to Jenin, the Haifa regiment destroying an arab legion and a fanatic SW of Jenin. The 2 WW1 artillery in Nzareth moved south to the newly created fortress along with a machine gunner.

A machine gunner and palmach remain in Nazareth, the palmach can either move south to support the attack against Jenin or move east to reinforce the Golan or the river defense.

A WW1 artillery and WW2 artillery both moved closer to the siege of Jenin and are expected to arrive at the end of November and be ready for offensive action in December.

Build requests will be sent to the appropriate ministries shortly.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	october.gif
Views:	50
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	73613  
Old May 25, 2004, 20:44   #72
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
Excellent work.
Old May 26, 2004, 16:27   #73
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:27
I agree with our COS
Old June 10, 2004, 10:21   #74
Dr. Nick
Deity

Home Front, November 1948
General Goldmann commanding

November reported little action on the Home Front, but the effectiveness of the railroad was proved in thwarting enemy raids into our territories, as a single Palmach Regt. was issued to deal with enemy forces approaching Netanyah, where skirmishing routed an Arab Legion, and a allowed the Palmach Regt. to speed north where enemy artillery prepared to bombard Tantura.

Along the Jordan, Palmach stationed in Beth Shean raided enemy artillery positions and destroyed a battery outside Aljun.

Kibbutznicks in Gesher were evacuated to Nazareth, and a Palmach from Nazareth was sent to garrison Gesher.

Meanwhile, the assault on Jenin is in its final preparations, with the arrival of two more batteries and two on the way to reinforce those already at the site.

The only request for economy is the purchase of WWII artillery for my front, to speed the fall of enemy cities, and the allocation of more Zion workers to continue expanding our rail lines, as quite soon we will have outrun our supply lines which will make supply and reinforcement a lot harder, and thus stunt our offensive capabilities.
Old June 26, 2004, 10:08   #75
Dr. Nick
Deity

Home Front, December 1948
General Goldmann commanding

The assault on Jenin has opened and a Palestinian machine gun and three redoubts were reduced to ashes. Unfortunately, the city looks like it's heavily garrisoned, and two more artillery batteries are being moved into action. Unfortunately our WW2 artillery has been badly damaged and will be withdrawn from combat in the area pending repairs, but it earned its combat stripes and will be much more effective. Judging by the garrison, however, the rain of fire and brimstone we have prepared for them should have the rubble of Jenin in our hands by February at the latest.

However, Arab reinforcements seem to be moving into the Jenin and I have no forces mobile enough to prevent them from reaching the city, I'm going to place a request for a T-34 to patrol the Jordan and for cleanup operations since the Palestinians between Jenin and the Jordan have been running wild for months without me being able to do anything. I think I will also need another WW2 artillery if we want the city to fall quickly, and I'd like to request more Zion workers, as my advance is taking me beyond the reach of my supply lines. Perhaps some our economy may rush a couple of zion workers in the smaller towns, in Petach Tikva and Tantura.
Old July 28, 2004, 04:38   #76
H Tower

I have no doubt that once you have pounded the enemy forces inside the hilly city of Jenin to rubble, the Palestinian resistance in the area will crumble. Unfortunately most of the reinforcements were needed elsewhere, including the zion worker. Perhaps I will be able to assign another zion worker to your command when the next ship docks in Haifa. I will keep your request for armored support under advisement for now. Victory in Jenin will assure mobile support for the advance to the next seige.
Old July 28, 2004, 07:58   #77
Dr. Nick
Deity

Thank you, mein General. God's will be done.
Old August 7, 2004, 04:40   #78
H Tower

January 1949 The seige continues
The seige of Jenin.
WW1 vet artillery kills Pal Anti aircraft gun
WW1 vet artillery kills Pal Frontier Guard
WW1 vet artillery withdraws to Nazareth rest
WW2 vet artillery withdraws to Nazareth to rest
WW1 vet artillery advances from Nazareth to fortress
WW1 vet artillery advances from Nazareth to fortress
WW2 artillery advances to fortress from the rear

Defense of Nazareth
Palmach vet inside nazareth kills Pal machine gunner
Palmach vet from Haifa advances east from Nazareth and kills Pal Arab Legion

I fully expect our troops to be more than capable of capture Jenin in February
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	jan49home.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	80925  
Old August 7, 2004, 08:36   #79
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Whats left in there, any idea????

Pesky Palestinians
Old August 7, 2004, 11:43   #80
H Tower

If 1 ww2 artillery, 2 vet ww1 artillery and 2 vet lightly damaged ww1 artillery can't take the city in february, I'll be pissed off. Having played this scenario on my own before, there are usually at 2 Frontier guards in each Pal city, so I figure at least one more of those.
Old August 8, 2004, 10:22   #81
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Cool

That amount of arty out to pulverize it then.
Old September 2, 2004, 00:02   #82
PinkyGen
Prince

Victory on Two Fronts!!
Arabs in West Bank surrounded on three sides; attacked from north and south!

I am pleased to report to the COS that both Jenin and Ramallah have fallen. Forces have moved to occupy both cities to prevent hope for any Arab counter-attack. Until I receive further orders, it shall be the intention of my front to use all of its resources to reduce the Arab pocket and secure the entire West side of the Jordan.

Unfortunately, further advance was halted as the Zion workers that should be building my fortifications at Jenin instead built a railroad. Therefore, forces were ordered to fully secure Jenin.

How many turns does it take a Zion worker to build a fortress? I only have one in the north, so I may need to take another for this advance to continue towards Nablus.

Requests for myself before I forget.
City Defenses for Ramallah.
Old January 11, 2005, 23:07   #83
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

unstickied