Old December 12, 2003, 13:54   #1
rhjyyz
Settler

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CTPII not responding using 27civ scenario
Hi! I am new to this forum. Signed up awhile ago but never used it. I dusted off CTPII and decided to give it a go again, been playing CivIII lately. My question: When I play the 27civ scenario (downloaded all required programs) my game crashed to desktop at around 1000-800 BC. After rebooting, I reload the game. The loading bar gets to almost completion and then the program freezes. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Thanks
Old December 14, 2003, 20:33   #2
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Well, the standard answer in this situation is "Do you have DebugSlic set to No in your userprofile.txt.?"

Looks like no-one's played this in over a year. If anyone had anything definite to say, I'm sure they would have replied by now.
Old December 15, 2003, 14:19   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 16:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Triggs
Well, the standard answer in this situation is "Do you have DebugSlic set to No in your userprofile.txt.?"
That rather a question than an answer. And in this case it leads into the wrong direction. Playing a game until 1000BC without a DebugSlic=Yes message, is not a case for that problem, and by the way it is not a problem if you play GoodMod at least it shouldn't be problem. If I remember correctly this world map is made for the unmodded game, so no rhule changes are made and you should get some problems if you play it on ApolytonPack.

So some questions to you rhjyyz:

Which mod do you use? If any, I expect no mods.
Did you installed the patch? If not it could be the coruppted save game bug, but that case would have an advantage we could test your save game on the debug version.

And what are your system specifications, actual only CPU speed and memory are important.

On a low end system you could run out of memory and then your computer needs to use the harddrive and that slows the game terribly down. Well there are probably some memory leaks but they shouldn't be such a problem, maybe with these many civs on the map.

If you are short of memory should notice a huge slowdown much before the crash. By the way do you have some earlier saves, like a save from some turns ago? You could also try to load the autosave.

-Martin
Old December 15, 2003, 18:03   #4
rhjyyz
Settler

Thanks for your reply. It appears I goofed and responded by creating a new thread. Ok.. I downloaded the 1.1 patch , the modswapper, and the super apolyton pack so I should be good there. The debug slic line was already set to 0 when I started. All saves including the auto save do the same thing, They appear to load and then freeze while the loading bar is just about complete. I suspect the memory leak you spoke of or my comp cant handle the "impossible" map size and 27 civs!!

Comp specs.

256 MB RAM
466Mhz Processor.

Thanks again for your help guys.
Old December 15, 2003, 19:19   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 16:28
So you used a random generated map and not a scenario?

-Martin
Old December 16, 2003, 22:14   #6
rhjyyz
Settler

No, I downloaded the 27civ scenario, so it automatically draws the same map I think. It is a 400X400 earth map.