THREAD CLOSED

continue here: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/H...tml?date=19:08

THREAD CLOSED
Old March 27, 2000, 20:20   #182
Bearcat
King

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC - Sorry guys I thought we had Buenos Aires. Ignore that other post and say I'm with the Brazilians right now.

IC

Major-General Jaime Vascez stood by Brazilian leader General Joao Salazar. Both commanders were reviewing the already thinned ranks of the Peruvian-Brazilian army. In front of them lay the bustling metropolis of Buenos Aires, the Argentine capital. To the south of Buenos Aires lay the Pampas and Patagonia. And the next target of La Plata. Vascez nodded to Salazar to who just stared grimly ahead at the city. The government of Nestor was holed up in the city if they hadn't fled like cowards when they heard about Rosario. 300 artillery pieces were put into place to begin the siege. However much blooshed could be avoided if the Argentine governemnt simply surrendered. However President Nestor hadn't answered the communiques of the allied forces.

"What do you say we give them another 24 hours?" asked Salazar. Vascez nodded and both men turned away from the rows upon rows of soldiers. The air smelled of evening and Vascez knew the oppurtunities that nightfall brought, however the Argentines still had 24 hours.

To CW - Thank you for your help. We look forward forward to a truly peaceful South America and good relations with your people.

To Germany - Thank you for your help at sea!

To Argentina - Surrender now and we will be lenient on you!

OOC - Hey Nap I just want to point something out really quick. Argentina isn't a Third World country. I think they would have fairly capable weaponry.
[This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited March 27, 2000).]
Old March 27, 2000, 20:22   #183
Bearcat
King

OOC - Sorry guys I thought we had Buenos Aires. Ignore that other post and say I'm with the Brazilians right now.

IC

Major-General Jaime Vascez stood by Brazilian leader General Joao Salazar. Both commanders were reviewing the already thinned ranks of the Peruvian-Brazilian army. In front of them lay the bustling metropolis of Buenos Aires, the Argentine capital. To the south of Buenos Aires lay the Pampas and Patagonia. And the next target of La Plata. Vascez nodded to Salazar to who just stared grimly ahead at the city. The government of Nestor was holed up in the city if they hadn't fled like cowards when they heard about Rosario. 300 artillery pieces were put into place to begin the siege. However much blooshed could be avoided if the Argentine governemnt simply surrendered. However President Nestor hadn't answered the communiques of the allied forces.

"What do you say we give them another 24 hours?" asked Salazar. Vascez nodded and both men turned away from the rows upon rows of soldiers. The air smelled of evening and Vascez knew the oppurtunities that nightfall brought, however the Argentines still had 24 hours.

To CW - Thank you for your help. We look forward forward to a truly peaceful South America and good relations with your people.

To Germany - Thank you for your help at sea!

To Argentina - Surrender now and we will be lenient on you!

OOC - Hey Nap I just want to point something otu really quick. Argentina isn't a Third World country. I think they wpuld have fairly capable weaponry.
Old March 27, 2000, 20:30   #184
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
THREAD CLOSED

continue here: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/H...tml?date=19:08

THREAD CLOSED
Old March 28, 2000, 01:10   #185
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Mod Stuff:
The Brazilian campaign is hardly a one post annihilation of your country. Napoleon, unlike certain others, did not take over your country in one post. Napoleon has invaded. If is now your turn to respond. You army is damaged, but intact. If, like Bill, you are not a good battle poster, then you should consider getting someone else in the thread to write battle posts for you.

I am aware that Argentina has special light tanks for that purpose, but their light weight makes them vulnerable to the more powerful and better armored Brazilian tanks. As for crossing rivers due to bridge weight limitations, Napoleon can always bring in those extendable bridges. (the name escapes me. They fold out and are carried on a tank chassis) Having to do this will significantly slow Napoleon's advance and make him vulnerable.

Debates welcomed on mod rulings and realism in the OOC thread only. Do not post it here.
Old March 28, 2000, 01:14   #186
Hodad

To CTA, UK, DEMESOS, AUSTRALIA:
The trading vessels sunk unprovokedly by the Germans were flying your flags when they were last seen.
Do not allow these atrocities to happen.
Many civilian lives have been lost.
Here is a transmission from a British vessel:

***start transmission***
Torpedoed by German U-Boat. STOP
Position XX°XX',XX°XX'STOP
SOS STOP
SOS STOP
Avenge us STOP
static and interference. Suspected to be caused by Germans in an attempt to murder the crew by incommunicating them.
***end of transmission***

-----------
Latest News
-----------
A small raft was rescued by a Chilean fishing ketch in the South Chilean Sea.
Survivors were from a tourist cruiser that set sail for Wellington yesterday.
One survivor reports that a periscope was seen and that soon afterwards they saw a torpedoe coming towards them.
The losses were enourmous." said another survivor. "After the attack, the submarine surfaced and began killing survivors with the deck machine guns. It was atrocious. It MUST End."
A spokesman reported that only 7 out of 900 have been rescued. But survivors claimed that there was not a live soul left after the attack but them.

Old March 28, 2000, 01:58   #187
Hans2
Prince

Siege of Marseilles Begins

The advanced Italian Army has managed to capture all coastal towns up to Marseilles. They have taken up posistions in the hills outside of the city and are preparing for a siege. The Italian navy has taken up station outside the city to prevent any relief efforts from succeding. The Commander in Cheif for the French Theatre has sent the following message into Marseilles in hopes that the French commander there will read it and head its warning:
quote:

Surrender now. You have no hope of reliefe. Do not throw away the lives of your men.

OOC
Bolo, I suggest you negotiate with us. Your navy consists of one carrier (the Spanish one) that hold 37 aircraft, the other ships were sold by Du Chateau. Also most of France's tanks/aircraft were sold off or destroyed in an earlier war.

And also, Italy's military stats in the Handbook our out of date. There should be 2 more carriers, several other ships, about half a million more troops (motorized) and 600 more Eurofighters.