View Poll Results: What Game Would You Like To See Done Next?
Civilization 4 28 32.18%
Colonisation 2 13 14.94%
Master of Magic 2 15 17.24%
Pirates 2 5 5.75%
Master of Orion 4 4 4.60%
Alpha Centauri 2 16 18.39%
Call to Power 3 4 4.60%
Galactic Civilizations 2 0 0%
Sim-Banana 2 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 17, 2003, 10:42   #31
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Xorbon
I would like to see them start working on Civ4, but I'd like at least a year to really get to play Conquests.
You will get your year, Xorbon, and much more if history is any guide. Seriously, I wouldn't worry about that. If Firaxis, et al. are even working on Civ4 yet, it would be still in the very early stages of brainstorming, idea development, etc. I highly doubt any coding is happening right now.
Old December 17, 2003, 11:49   #32
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: November 3, 2010
MoM2.

Smac would only be the same with BR at the helm, Civ and Pirates are already on the drawing board.
Old December 18, 2003, 03:46   #33
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:30
I'm not sure if pirates2 will succeed. but maybe. There are so many pirate games out there I have noticed. But what do I know, I never even played the first one.
Old December 18, 2003, 05:02   #34
gopher
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
SMAC 2. But only if Brian Reynolds do it.
Truth!

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old December 18, 2003, 05:11   #35
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:30
AC 2, followed by Col 2.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old December 18, 2003, 05:11   #36
Vince278
King

Local Time: 14:30
Quote:
Originally posted by geniemalin
INteresting how little interest there is in Pirates 2, which is actually being done, as opposed to SMAC2 or MoM2, which aren't....
Thats exactly the type of problem I'm trying to call attention to and fix with this poll.
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
2004 Presidential Candidate
2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)
Old December 18, 2003, 09:42   #37
Shadow Dweller
Settler

MoM2. I would love if Firaxis didi that game. Let's just hope Atari doesn't give the rights to QuickSilver after the Fiasco that was MoO3...
Old December 18, 2003, 10:46   #38
Pep
Settler

Local Time: 15:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf
Colonization 2

Colonization is still one of my favourite games. A sequel could be the best game ever if properly done
I agree! I think it would be easy just to preserve the basics of Col2, and simply add the graphics and combat management of Civ3. I loved this game for exploration (one of my critics in Civ3).

Mom2 with only updated graphics (and no crashes ni EMS, XMS, etc. management) will also be great!
Old December 18, 2003, 13:21   #39
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

MoM would need sound upgrades as well and spell effects. I wonder if Steve Barcia could be talked into it.
Old December 18, 2003, 14:02   #40
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

I know very little about Pirates 2 , I haven't seen Pirates 1 , So I voted for Civ 4.

It would be better not including Civ 4, as its obvious we're going to vote for that, unless you like Buggy games like CTP.

I'd like to see more Science fiction or fantasy games with more real time strategic combat.

I'm looking forward to StarWars KOTOR.. The Baldurs Gate companies newest RPG game, which is out on PC no, on XBOX its been out for a few months .
The next RPG from Bioware/Black isle should be just as great as any turn based god game.

Another smac game would be great, or a better MOO game ( the current one looks too much like a spreadsheet but i'll have to try it ).
SMAC 1 had some great ideas, but the game got too boring too quick.. not enough graphics for the units.. only 1 style of hovertank. If it had other planets as well, it would have been even greater.
Old December 18, 2003, 17:19   #41
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yes no need to vote for civ4 as it has already been announced. One thing that was depressing about SMAC was the color scheme. I did not care for it and the more I played the less I liked it.
I would love to see a worthy sequel, but that is the rub for all sequels.
Old December 19, 2003, 12:14   #42
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:30
Lemme take a look at the games avaliable:

Civilization 4 - Who can say 'no' to one more Civ game?
Colonisation 2 - Never played the first one (My Amiga was missing some more ram, before it could run it)
Master of Magic 2 - Magic? I aint got no idea what this game is about, but having 'magic' in the title can't be good
Pirates 2 - Never played the first one... and I'm not that happy about those pirate games/movies
Master of Orion 4 - Orion? That's something in outer space, right? Lemme get out of here!!!
Alpha Centauri 2 - Never finished a game... tried twice, but got bored to death both times
Call to Power 3 - Only if they remove the PW system
Galactic Civilizations 2 - Wouldn't that be outer space also? no thank you..!
Old December 19, 2003, 15:14   #43
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 08:30
The more I think about it, I'm not sure I want to see a SMAC2. SMAC was an awesome game but I think I'd rather see another UN mission to another planet, with different native life forms etc.
Old December 19, 2003, 20:43   #44
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 00:30
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I'd vote for Civ4 - but only if they could promise it'd be compatible with my computer.
Old December 20, 2003, 04:05   #45
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:30
Quote:
Originally posted by G'Kar
The more I think about it, I'm not sure I want to see a SMAC2. SMAC was an awesome game but I think I'd rather see another UN mission to another planet, with different native life forms etc.
well that's what SMAC2 would entail.

They wouldn't make another game on the same planet I would think. Of course then it couldn't really be called alpha centauri .

But I would think they would create another planet with different features.

But SMAC is such a great game, it doesn't need that much improvement.

What I would like to see improved mainly is the graphics, sound, and ai.