Old December 13, 2003, 12:46   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hearts of Iron
I played my first game as a major power last night/this morning, it was fun. I played as France, pwned Germany and Italy to my surprise (I was expecting to get dead real fast). And then December 13 1941 rolls around; Germany is down to 2 territories that used to be part of Austria, Italy is confined to the boot south of Bologna, Japan hadnt begun yet, and the game freezes. So I reload from a save game from early 'that year' and continue playing, and it freezes again on December 13. Any thoughts on why its doing this??
Old December 13, 2003, 12:56   #2
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 16:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Which patch do you have? I seem to remember that this was happening in an early patch...
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old December 13, 2003, 14:19   #3
Space05us
King

Im running the most recent version. 1.05
Old December 13, 2003, 14:31   #4
Nikolai
Deity

Not 1.05a I hope? That was very buggy because of a mistake. Try 1.05c if you don't have it. If that's not the problem, I recommend you to post in Paradox's support forum for HoI, where you are doomed to get good help.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old December 13, 2003, 14:39   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:31
Paradox support is GREAT, they helped me with a load of HoI problems.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 13, 2003, 17:41   #6
Nikolai
Deity

Me too. And something that is great, is that they have learned to limit the amount of bugs in their releases, at least if Vicktoria is the norm.
Old December 13, 2003, 18:04   #7
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

And of course there is a whole forum here on Apolyton, dedicated to Paradox game, where perhaps this thread should be also

Asmodean
Old December 13, 2003, 18:31   #8
Nikolai
Deity

Of course, I agree on that. But now that it is here.... Anyway, it's not that many that visits that forum, except for me!
Old December 13, 2003, 19:45   #9
Space05us
King

Quote:
Not 1.05a I hope? That was very buggy because of a mistake. Try 1.05c if you don't have it. If that's not the problem, I recommend you to post in Paradox's support forum for HoI, where you are doomed to get good help.
poo, will my save games still work after patching the game? Ive just been playing as the US for the past I dunno how long straight and I have all Inf techs, most artillery, and Im a squidge close to finishing off the industrial and land doctorine trees. not to mention I cant kill anything yet, but when I can...

Quote:
And of course there is a whole forum here on Apolyton, dedicated to Paradox game, where perhaps this thread should be also
I took half a glance at all four topics listed and decided I would have better luck getting an answer in the other games forum

but you have to give me credit, I did consider it.
Old December 13, 2003, 20:22   #10
Nikolai
Deity

Whenever you play under a new patch, there is a possibility that something goes wrong. But mostly it doesn't. However, some of the tweaks and fixes might not be in your game, as some of the info is loaded only when the campaign starts.

But as you have this CTD problem that occours all the time, what do you have to lose?

BTW, I do remember that sometimes a CTD can be avoided by saving right before the time it comes that it crashes, and reload with another country and play beyond the date. Then save and reload as the right country. Try that, it might solve this problem. And do remember that you can install several versions of HoI on the same computer!
Old December 14, 2003, 08:11   #11
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

play CORE instead. Nicer Graphics ;=)
Old December 14, 2003, 11:08   #12
Nikolai
Deity

But much harder.
Old December 14, 2003, 20:26   #13
Space05us
King

whats CORE? and besides its taking time to really figure this game out, as soon as I beat it as Italy on super duper tuff mode I'll try a new game. I want to at least get my $50 worth.
Old December 14, 2003, 21:55   #14
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 09:31
Good game. Played it nonstop (as in only HOI ) for a couple months last year. Got really burned out on it though, as the game was always the same.
Old December 15, 2003, 18:48   #15
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

CORE is a Mod for Hoi.
Tech Changes, Tech Additons , more Ships, a helluv more Events,
better Graphics, some specific Techs for Countries ( Italian Army *g*)

the original HoI got boring after you played the Major Powers and some of the Smaller ones.

Me and a Buddy fired up a Core MP and i have to say it pretty rocks ;=)

http://core.roadtowar.com
Old December 15, 2003, 19:38   #16
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:31
I thought the name of the mod was "road to war", and it was scripted by a bunch of guys called "core". Or am I mistaken?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 16, 2003, 02:11   #17
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 10:31
CORE: Community Open Resource Exchange.
Lots more events, different graphics, better AI, and a different tech tree that really changes the game.
For instance: many more tank designs (Imp Medium with 40,50,60 OR Long range 50,60 OR Short 40), more ship types, etc.
A bit different at first, but after a game or two, really a lot better. And did I mention the events?

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old December 16, 2003, 02:13   #18
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 10:31
Dammit, did not see Main-Brains post . Oh well, twice the merrier.

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old December 16, 2003, 10:50   #19
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 09:31
The game freezing on December of '41 is a known bug that has been repaired in Patch 1.05C. Make sure this is the patch you currently have loaded.

www.europa-universalis.com/forum/index.php