Old December 14, 2003, 01:59   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Fort/Barri enemy bonus? Are we sure?
I've been meaning to test it myself, but just don't have the time. Do forts and barricades actually give the enemy a defensive bonus while they are in your territory (ala roads/rail)?

Probably have read the answer in one of the manuals before, but its been so long since I've read through the original completely, or even gone up against an enemy stationed in a friendly fort, that there's a doubt.

Last edited by Sarxis; December 16, 2003 at 17:48.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2003, 17:47   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

75 views and no reply? A pox upon your houses!
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2003, 18:16   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I haven't tested it. My assumption has always been "yes."

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2003, 18:51   #4
steven8r
Prince

Local Time: 08:33
I've built several Fortresses and even some Barricades. Once I had an AI TOW slip into my country and planted himself in one of my empty Barricades. I don't know if he got the defense bonus or not, cause I pummeled him down to 1 hp w/ Arty, and then I was able to kill him.

Now that I think about it, it might have taken 2 Cavelry to take him-out. So yes, they do seem to get the bonus.