Old December 14, 2003, 20:28   #1
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 09:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Shining War
A brief summary of what has happened. A terrorist organization, called the NRA (not my decision) bombed the Eredron embassy in Naori; the nation of Galdania admitted to supporting this group, and their goal of overthrowing the Naori government. The NRA tried for another bombing, but this was foiled; they next attacked a civilian merchant ship headed for Eredron, to deliver fish. Tensions over this escalated until Naori bombed Genyan military sites(without telling me )

As it is now, the Naori city, Murushima is mostly under the control of the NRA, aided by Galdanian military strikes and troops; the Eredron embassy in the city was evacuated along with those soldiers defending it. Galdania has landed troops in eastern Naori, while my own navy attempts battles the Galdanian naval force. On top of all this, another country, Hogsweat, is joined in.

Anywho, if you guys are interested in fighting, or in giving some kind of support, just let me know.

Last edited by Verto; December 27, 2003 at 18:42.
Old December 14, 2003, 21:14   #2
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sounds cool. Do you happen to have a link to the thread/s?
Old December 14, 2003, 22:10   #3
Verto
King

oops! Here it is.
Old December 19, 2003, 22:46   #4
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

The Auldoninna Military suppports all war......
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old December 19, 2003, 23:26   #5
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Don't spam.
Old December 20, 2003, 03:05   #6
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

isnt spam we offering our services .....
Old December 20, 2003, 11:33   #7
Verto
King

Well, if you are interested, the link is posted above; Galdania and a couple other nations are still seeking to take over Naori and install a communist puppet regime; Eredron has had to withdraw from the conflict, as I was unable to defend myself alone against Galdania; I am continuing to support Naori, albeit unofficially and discreetly. Any support to fight these commies is appreciated.
Old December 24, 2003, 10:03   #8
Verto
King

Latest Developments: I attempted to persuade all sides to agree to a cease fire, and maintain the status quo while an election was carried out in Naori, so the people could choose their own form of government. The communists have refused this offer, saying that they must first control all of the country in order to protect the Naori people from their government; when I questioned them as to who would protect the people from the Galdanian occupation, a Galdanian general threatened genocidal attacks, before being "demoted".

I have sent 60 naval vessels into the area, staying in international waters; a Minister from the Eredron Cabinet was sent to meet with the Naori Empress, but the Communists are specifically targeting the government buildings, and suspected Imperial residences.
Old December 24, 2003, 18:30   #9
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Auldoninna Medical Supply Ship Sunk.....

Response to be annouinced....
Old December 25, 2003, 07:40   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:35
Hmmm... I haven't reached the end of the thread yet, but if you could shed a bit of light on how exactly you got involved in the conflict in the first place, I could consider lending some support to you (after this business with the Axis is dealt with, anyway). From what I've read so far, the communists have been consistently unreasonable and blatantly aggressive.

EDIT: Actually, having read the entire thread, I'd appreciate a link to the stuf you mentioned in your last past, as I can't seem to find it in the thread. Was it somewhere else?

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; December 25, 2003 at 08:00.
Old December 25, 2003, 10:48   #11
Verto
King

Bombing of Eredronian Embassy in Naori

Galdanian-sponsored Terrorist Attack in Naori

Attack on Murushima Harbor by NRA

Here is the mass execution carried out by Genya that caused Naori to launch its preemptive strikes. I was not given forewarning by Naori.

And for my reasons for not strictly opposing Naori's strikes against Genya, see this thread: Dictator seizes power in Genya! Freedoms revoked!

You'll notice I did not initially support Naori, since despite the nature of Genya's regime, it was a preemptive strike, and they had not bothered to counsel with me before carrying it out. I sent a naval force in to try to stabilize the situation, and came under attack by Communist forces.

When Naori targeted government buildings, I warned him against it, as I was not going to support a nation that did so.

When Galdania begin bombing Eredronian government buildings in Naori, as well as the buildings of Eredronian companies, I was forced to commit myself militarily to the conflict.
Old December 25, 2003, 14:08   #12
Verto
King

Things seem to be warming up.
Old December 25, 2003, 21:17   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Right, thanks I wasn't aware that there was more than one thread involved. Why did you take a particular interest in the matter? Are you allied to Naori in some way?
Old December 25, 2003, 21:37   #14
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Right, thanks I wasn't aware that there was more than one thread involved. Why did you take a particular interest in the matter? Are you allied to Naori in some way?
I'm not involved in an official alliance, no. I first came in contact with Naori when we both responded to the thread concerning Genya's mass execution. When Kit Ph'at(current leader of Genya) came to power in his military coup, Eredron and another nation almost went to war to restore the former president; this was stopped because several space-tech nations came into the RP, ruining it. I've born a grudge ever since .

Anyway, I was not initially going to support Naori openly and militarily; this changed with the NRA and Galdanian attacks.

Now it is a matter of sticking it to the communists, specifically Galdania; their reasons for going to war and invading Naori have changed from defending Genya to now bettering the lives of the Naori people, under a communist regime. I can't stand imperialist communists, especially ones that kill hundreds of thousands of Eredron civilians.
Old December 27, 2003, 21:43   #15
Verto
King

FLASH Message
Priority Red

As Galdanian armored columns moved north, they smashed not only the weak defenses of the Naori loyalists, but also the hopes of a peace summit recently offered by the Eredron Consul; heavily outnumbered, the Eredronian Expeditionary Force prepares to defend itself from this onslaught, but faces dwindling supplies.
Old December 27, 2003, 23:04   #16
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Centralis paratroopers and light infantry units are presently being flown in to reinforce Eredronian positions, with air support and heavier equipment not far behind.
Old December 29, 2003, 21:48   #17
Verto
King

Peace summit is to take place in this thread.
Old January 2, 2004, 03:46   #18
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

And, perhaps predictably, the Galdanians walked out after being confronted with the list of war crimes they've perpetrated.