Old December 14, 2003, 21:09   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 02:36
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sweet! (dream thread)
I dreamed last night that I did the dirty with one of my ex's in the sand on the playground at my elementry school!

Unfortunatly I also had a very realistic dream of waking up, getting dressed, eating breakfast, putting in my contacts, and going to school where I did everything I would do in a normal day. (only I had forgotten where all my classes were). Then I came home and did everything I would do in a normal evening (including 'Poly surfing) and then went to bed, where I actually woke up to find out its Sunday. That dream sucked because it actually felt like an entire day but it wasnt really!
Old December 14, 2003, 21:10   #2
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 10:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wow. I've never dreamed about surfing on Poly before (or if I have, I don't remember it).
Old December 14, 2003, 21:11   #3
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:36
so that was a nightmare then?
Old December 14, 2003, 21:13   #4
Space05us
King

Quote:
so that was a nightmare then?
no, it was a good dream. Just a let down because I woke up thinking I had done a few things that day that I need to get done. But now I actually have to go to school tomorrow and do it.
Old December 14, 2003, 21:15   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

okay by doing the dirty I assume you mean sex.

but elementary school playground? Is there some kind of hidden message in here that you like your girlfriend's young? I'm just kiding now. I just found that an interesting location for such an act.

And why do it with your ex? Why not another girl you are currently interested in?
Old December 14, 2003, 21:17   #6
Space05us
King

Quote:
okay by doing the dirty I assume you mean sex.

but elementary school playground? Is there some kind of hidden message in here that you like your girlfriend's young? I'm just kiding now. I just found that an interesting location for such an act.
yes I mean the "s" word.

yeah, I was actually nervous about it in my dream but it was her idea (no one else was around)
Old December 14, 2003, 21:22   #7
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

even in my dreams I don't get laid most of the time. As in real life
Old December 14, 2003, 21:22   #8
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 09:36
i havent been getting good sleep recently.

At most I sleep at most 30 - 45 min, wake up and then try to go back to sleep. And as a result Ive been waking up to some ****ed up weird dream lately.
Old December 14, 2003, 21:25   #9
Space05us
King

Quote:
i havent been getting good sleep recently.

At most I sleep at most 30 - 45 min, wake up and then try to go back to sleep. And as a result Ive been waking up to some ****ed up weird dream lately.
lack of sleep and excessive caffiene, gaming, and reading is the only reason I dream. If my sleep schedule is ever 6-9 hours a night at around the same time for more than a week I stop dreaming. If I dont stiumulate my mind enough during the day I wont dream either, hence the reason I never dream on school nights.
Old December 14, 2003, 21:27   #10
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 16:36
i dreamt i had on my arms one of the girls from my university i had her lifted up and we run with a cemetary on the background, very dark... and then my iron lines on my teeth (i dont have iron lines irl) started falling out and there was a spaceship
Old December 14, 2003, 21:31   #11
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 16:36
and then the alarm clock
Old December 14, 2003, 22:18   #12
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us

lack of sleep and excessive caffiene, gaming, and reading is the only reason I dream. If my sleep schedule is ever 6-9 hours a night at around the same time for more than a week I stop dreaming. If I dont stiumulate my mind enough during the day I wont dream either, hence the reason I never dream on school nights.
u dream every night. Ur ability to recall however, varies.

I dream pretty much everyday cause i used to practice lucid dreaming. However these days my dreams have gotten lot more weirder. Sometimes I would dream w/o noticing I have fallen asleep and wake up very subtley and not realizes I have slept for half an hour. Then people would look at me funny when I swear I had a conversation with them while I had my head down while studying. That irritates me.

Diss, you can get laid if u control ur dreams!
Old December 14, 2003, 22:26   #13
Space05us
King

ok dream master, teach us of your lucid dreaming. I want to get laid more often in dreams, once a week isnt enough for me!
Old December 14, 2003, 22:34   #14
Zero
King

All you have to do is keep trying to remember dreams. (having a dream journal helps memory)

And practice recognizing dreams. Thats all there is to it.

Its a slow start but once you pick it up, you'll have alot of fun with it.
Old December 14, 2003, 22:58   #15
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

I don't think I've ever dreamt about 'Poly... except the dream where Ming, Rah, MtG, and MarkG carried me around like some sort of ancient king on one of those chairs with two poles supporting it. that was the shiyat yo!
Old December 14, 2003, 23:10   #16
Zero
King

i ahd a dream about poly once.

i was in a dark room with infinte row of computers and I was surfing poly. I became lucid when the entire Poly website was written in german. Then I thought to myself "wait i dont know any german".

That and I didnt see a single thread about the usual, gepap, che ned, fez etc arguing over pointless political debates.
Old December 15, 2003, 00:16   #17
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I've dreamt in the Civilization world, (original II and III) I've dreamt in the Half Life and Half Life 2 worlds, and I've dreamt in the Halo world. Never dreamt about poly though.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old December 15, 2003, 01:06   #18
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:36
My alarm went off at 7am this morning, I half-woke up and I fell back to sleep, being woking up 6 minutes later by the snooze alarm. In those six minutes I dreamt that I witnessed a nuclear bomb being dropped on London, the blast being far enough away from me that I could witness the mushroom cloud in relative safety from the fallout. I was upset, but I felt safe. I then saw several other mushroom clouds rising up all around me, and I tried to outrun shockwaves hurtling towards me from every direction. I then started to get hot, in my dream I attributed it to radiation. I looked around for friends and family but could find nothing. I then woke up.

It was a freaky dream that seemed to last an hour, but couldn't have lasted more than a few minutes.

I wonder if I was actually dreaming about Poly and the phrase "My words are backed with Nuclear Weapons". Nah!
Old December 15, 2003, 01:46   #19
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

this, is bizarre. this one features myself and amanda of all people as the stars. we're councilors for some kind of summer camp for exceptionally gifted children. and by exceptionally gifted, i'm talking four digit i.q., psychic, precocious toddlers, aged 3-9. we're out "camping" in the pavilion, and i'm obviously not thrilled to be working with her, and the feeling is certainly mutual. i feel the pain of loss every time i look at her, but... we're there for the kids, and they're keeping us rather busy.

one particulary precocious four year old asked me:

"why do you want to cry when you look at her?"

i explained the best i could. she does have an IQ five times mine, but her experience is very limited. she is also, still a four-year-old. i guess amanda must have over-heard me, because after the kids had gone to bed, and i stayed up, reading/stargazing/whatever, and she went to bed. but not before giving me this apologetic look. huh? i stay up until dawn pondering this.

the girl came up to me at some point and confessed that she talked to her, and asked the same question to amanda. 'why does he look like he's going to cry...' she then touched my temple and i felt nothing but distilled calm and lucidity. and the child's voice was explaining her understanding of the universe to me. or tired to. most of it went clear over my head. and then i woke up. but i wasn't feeling the loss anymore. i still don't.

bizarre, huh? and this was a week before i ended up speaking to her. creepy.
Old December 15, 2003, 01:52   #20
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 08:36
I've experienced lucid dreaming before. It started at a rather young age, too.

If I didn't like something that happened in a dream, then I'd imagine the dream to be rewinding (in my dream, it would look like rewinding on a VCR) and then i'd play the dream over again, but make something different happen.

It's never been a goal of mine (that is, to have a lucid dream when i sleep) but when it happens (as it does, occasionally) then I have fun with it.

-theonion.com
Old December 15, 2003, 08:49   #21
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:36
Hmmm...
This may well show my uniqueness:
I've had many OPPORTUNITIES for lucid dreams. However, having had one, I've turned down all subsequent.

I am able to force-boot myself from a dream and wake up instantly. This is quite handy when something unfortunate happens.
My Dreams are more real to me than Reality now. In all my dreams, I am telekinetic, and clairintuitive. Indeed, I feel that I lose awareness as I wake up.

My dreams fall into 4 distinct categories:
1. Dreams of Adventure and Conquest
2. Nightmares of computer failure
3. Real-life imitatory dreams
4. Defending myself against my mother

Odd is that the computer failure nightmares wouldn't scare me if they happened in real life.

Check this trippy stuff out:
Once I had a dream, where I thought I was dreaming but a character in my dream believed I was awake.
So I had an argument about whether I was dreaming, lost that argument, then woke up.
I thought 'What the heck?' to myself, and returned to sleep.

I love these mentally stimulating dreams. Much better than those physically stimulating dreams.
Old December 15, 2003, 08:56   #22
Space05us
King

Quote:
I love these mentally stimulating dreams. Much better than those physically stimulating dreams.
who says they arent mentally stimulating?
Old December 15, 2003, 09:28   #23
Q Classic
Emperor

the last dream i had, i was setting someone up the bomb, only to find that i had to get to the right door. so i was following this slant, who was supposed to be the keymaker, only he was my brother, because my brother's a chink too, and then i found the right door. but then i found that i had a mp40 in my hand and i had to stop terrorists from placing the bomb in the goal, and there were these damn campers and cheaters using aimbots, so i kept seeing my teammates getting fragged. that pissed me off so much that i found an invincibility star, which let me run up to those shrooms and stomp on them without getting sniped at, and after i did that, i found that there were missiles coming down from the sky, being launched from an asteroid that would soon slam into the earth. so i went to star city, meeting aeris and my gf who was playing tifa, yuna, and rinoa for some reason, boarded one of two shuttles to land on the asteroid. i got to be on buran, which was no longer an amusement park toy, while the duke was on atlantis, which ended up sinking into the sea when it was found that the japanese engines had messed up. once i got to the asteroid, liv tyler as arwen was the one who stayed behind to blow it up, so while we were high-tailing it out of range, we ran smack-dab into one of those gigantic alien ships that made the white house go all kablooey. once we extricated ourselves from that mess, i saw that i was walking along a mobius strip, which morphed into one of those escher drawings, and then i turned into a bird, a big blue bird, and then i turned into a stag, a big white stag, and was summoned by harry potter who looked a lot like ming, which was scary, because ming doesn't look like a teenager, and after i chased away some dementors, i turned into shadowfax and then ran to mirkwood, where i became a dwarf that started to really **** some **** up, and then i heard bells ringing, which i assume meant that the battle was won, but it turned out to be alarm clock, so i shut that off using a commandline prompt which appeared out of nowhere, by typing shutdown -h now, and then i woke up.
Old December 15, 2003, 09:46   #24
Kuciwalker
Deity

I like those dreams where you wake up in the middle of the night and go right back to sleep, all with an unbroken stream of consciousness. It's really, really cool.
Old December 15, 2003, 10:32   #25
connorkimbro
Emperor

on a somewhat similar note, does anyone here talk in their sleep?

I am a VERY deep sleeper. concievably, bombs could go off in my vicinity, and i would not wake up.

however, sounds and things thare are going on around me often make their way into my dreams. so, if i am sleeping, and dreaming, and you talk to me, there is a good chance i will talk back. if you carry on a conversation too long with me, or if you start saying things that don't fit into the dream i'm having, i'll start to wake up, but people have talked with me for several minutes while i've been asleep before.

and then of course times where i just talk in my sleep, aside from "having a conversation with someone while i'm asleep."

it's really odd that i don't slur or mumber when i talk in my sleep either. i pronounce everything very clearly and loudly, just like normal speech.

one time, according to my mom, i talked with her on the phone in my sleep. i was a complete ass to her on the phone, and later when i called her to ask why she didn't call me, she thought i was mad at her, because i was an ass to her when she called. but i was of course asleep, so i didn't remember.

-theonion.com
Old December 15, 2003, 10:34   #26
connorkimbro
Emperor

Quote:
Hmmm...
This may well show my uniqueness:
Yes, you are a very unique and special snowflake. We're all very proud of you.

-theonion.com
Old December 15, 2003, 10:53   #27
Solly
Emperor

I have really vivid dreams. I find I usually do if I have a few tinnies before I go to bed. By the time they wear off around 6 or 7am it's dozing time, perfect time for dreaming, and all of a sudden your mind is free from the depressive effect of booze. Dreams galore!

I've dreamt of sitting on a chair in the sky, Tony Blair faking a terrorist act to get us prepared, trains just sliding around off their rails, stealing money of some mafia guys after shooting them, some immortal politician making his way up to Manchester, driving on a motorway from Aberystwyth to Southport...omg what a load of bollocks. That's was about three night's **** though, missed loads out.
Old December 15, 2003, 10:55   #28
connorkimbro
Emperor

and for us totally un-hip, un-cool, out of touch americans, what exactly are "tinnies?"

i get that it's some sort of alcohol, from the rest of that paragraph, but what sort exactly?

-theonion.com
Old December 15, 2003, 10:58   #29
Solly
Emperor

Old December 15, 2003, 11:05   #30
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 11:36
i rarely remember my dreams.