Old April 18, 2000, 16:21   #61
Hodad

Addition to Polish moves
Commander Pilsudski is taking command of the II Corps. Almost forgot.

OOC: to check the commanders go to the 1750 suggestions thread. I can use them right?
Meanwhile:
I Corps commanded by Kryzewski
III Corps commanded by Walenza
IV Corps commanded by Pilsudski
VI Corps commanded by Kosciusko

Old April 18, 2000, 16:25   #62
Hodad

A correction has been made to the orders of the II Corps of Poland: Move into East Prussia.

Meanwhile:
IV Corps moves to Posen
VI Corps moves to East Galicia

To OTTOMAN EMPIRE:
We are being ruthlessly attacked by the Prussians. It is to your best interest to support us.
We are willing to pay for your troops.

Old April 18, 2000, 16:32   #63
Black Dragon

Mao asked me to post this:

OOC: Can Hodad move into East Prussia? As I see it on the map he first has to go through that forest territory in Masovia before moving into East Prussia right?

Old April 18, 2000, 16:41   #64
Black Dragon

Just so you know I am switching to Persia...

Old April 18, 2000, 16:42   #65
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 06:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
France ignores the calls of Poland.

Thank you, for accepting this alliance.
Four more Corps have been trained see page 1).
Old April 18, 2000, 17:04   #66
Black Dragon

I am switching my army groups to Corps:

BT has it at:

"SAFAVID PERSIA:

Standing Army: 40,000 regular troops
60,000 militia

Kerman Army I: 15,000 regulars in Kerman
Kerman Army II: 20,000 militia in Kerman
Kandahar Army I: 15,000 regulars in Kandahar
Kandahar Army II: 20,000 militia in Kandahar
Kabul Army I: 10,000 regulars in Kabul
Kabul Army II: 20,000 militia in Kabul

Budget: $280 -- military of $84
$14 left to spend
7,000 regulars to be drafted

I am going to keep the draft orders.

I want to change the names of my troops though:

Kerman Army I to To I Corps
Kerman Army II to II Corps(M) (M=Militia)
Kanadahar I to III
Kandahar II to IV(M)
Kabul I to V
Kabul II to VI(M)

I want to move the III and IV Corps into Multan. IV will pin, III will outflank. I am going to have V corps as well 5000 militia from the VI Corps move head on into Peshawar.

Old April 18, 2000, 17:07   #67
Black Dragon

Oh, and I am allied with Russia.

Old April 18, 2000, 17:12   #68
Hodad

To FRANCE:
Why does our plea fall on deaf ears in Paris?
Are not the enemies of France's enemies France's friends?

To BRITAIN:
We see that you would find it good to invest in the east.
let us sign a non-aggression pact so that Britain may influence the east and Poland may travel the seas safely.

To PRUSSIA:
We do not wish to go to war. Please remove your invasion.
If it pleases you we are willing to swap East Prussia for West Prussia.

Old April 18, 2000, 17:17   #69
Chris Szabla
Chieftain

Budget for the Duchy of Savoy

-Province of Piedmont
--Territory of Haute-Savoie: $20
--Territory of Turin: $90
--Territory of Genoa: $70

-Province of Corsica
--Territory of Corsica: $40

-Province of Lombardy
--Territory of Piacenza: $80
--Territory of Milan: $100
--Territory of East Lombardy: $60

Total Income: $460
Military Budget: $138
Military Maintenence: $34
Leftover: $104

Orders:
10,000 regulars called up previously have been been fully trained and are currently encamped near Genoa. They will constitute a new III Corps to be based there.

2 Light Warships built at Genoa have been christened the Charles Emmanuel and the La Spezia. 4 Light Warships are now at port in Genoa.

25,000 regulars have been called up at Piascenza at the cost of $50. An additional 25,000 are being called up at Milan to reinforce the army of Lord Charles Emmanuel. A light warship has been commissioned at Ajaccio for the cost of $5. The total military expendenture for new purchases is $105. The additional dollar of expense will be a defecit which will be calculated in the next budget.

Lombardy Surrenders to Savoy!

MILAN- The Duke of Lombardy laid down his crown, sword, and posessions and became a vassal to his excellency, Duke Victor of Savoy. With the conquest of Lombardy, Victor will now recieve the title "Grand Duke". The official state name will remain the Duchy of Savoy.

The Lombards, and in particular, were treated with great respect by the conquesting Savoian military. Resistance ceased to exist in East Lombardy where General Traun made the day's first conquest, and Charles Emmanuel had an easy victory over the city of Milan. Following the war, Lombard prisoners were allowed to return to their homes and personally dismissed by the former Duke of Lombardy. The former Duke was exiled to Switzerland for "commanding an attempt to defend against the mantra of a united Italy". Charles Emmanuel ordered that no raping, pillaging, or looting take place in order to "show the good intentions of the United Italian cause". The richest lands of Italy are now under the sovereign power of Savoy.

Romagna Declared Next Target

With no military or leaders, the state of Romagna has fallen into disarray. Grand Duke Victor has announced that, following the raising of new troops in Lombardy, the esteemed General Traun's II Corps will march forth and capture the city of Bologna and surroundings, and Savoy will reach the Adriatic. It has been rumoured that the citizens of Bologna are building up defences, but they should be no match for the professional artillary of General Traun.
Old April 18, 2000, 17:18   #70
Coug
King

Local Time: 18:18
New Budget:

Old Territories: £510
And assuming I win the battle in Gothenburg, which I think I will, income from:
New Territories: £16
Total: £526
Military: £266

Upkeep:

115.000 troops: £115
6 heavy warships: £30
10 light warships: £25
2 transports: £2
Total: £173
The Privateer is decommisioned

To spare:
£266 - £173 = £93

Builds:
40.000 troops to be stationed in Copenhagen and Christiania
1 light warship
Old April 18, 2000, 18:26   #71
Black Dragon

Mao told me to post this:

6,000 to reinforce Brunswick and bring his corps to full strength.
1,000 to reinforce Prince Henry's corps to bring his corps to full strength and another 20,000 for more strength (10,000 for Prince Henry and 10,000 for v. Zieten.
15,000 to corps stationed at Mecklenburg.
10,000 to corps under King Frederik the Great in Kustrin.
10,000 to Schwerin in Thorn.

Old April 18, 2000, 18:30   #72
Lord Sigma

Switching from Portugal to Spain.

TNaps last deployment
quote:

Stacks: 390
Territories: 1160
Total: 1550
Military Budget: 465
Leftover: 1085

Regulars: -130
Heavy: -30
Light: -20
Privateer: -15
Transport: -2
Total fees: -197
Military left: 268

Deplyments: 130k = 8 Corps

I Corp(10,000 Guard) in Madrid
II Corp in Gerona
III Corp in San Sebastian
IV Corp in Leon
V Corp in Badajoz
VI Corp in Cadiz
VII Corp in Saragossa
VIII Corp in Barcelona

Navy in Cadiz:
2 Heavy
3 Light
1 Privateer

Navy in Barcelona:
2 Heavy
2 Light
1 Privateer
2 Transport

Navy in Corunna:
2 Heavy
3 Light
1 Privateer

Buying:
5 Heavy (Each of my ports)
4 Transport
60,000 Regulars

I'll will keep all this and this is the next turn right? So the orders are done.

Stacks: 390
Territories: 1160
Total: 1550
Military Budget: 465
Leftover: 1085

Regulars: -190
Heavy: -55
Light: -20
Privateer: -15
Transport: -6
Total fees: -203
Military left: 262

New Troops are 60,000 Regulars, 5 Heavy Squadrons, and 4 Transports.

Old April 18, 2000, 19:04   #73
Bearcat
King

IMPERIAL NEWS

The miltia and regulars in Venetian territory are beggining to move toward Mantua. Morale is high as certain victory is believed. Field Marshal Browne at the had of the force of 19,000 against the mere 10,000 Venetian soldiers guarding Mantua. The Venetian Doge however is entrenching his soldiers well.

In other news militai are being raised in the Austrian Netherlands to combat the Dutch and Franch forces. The IX, II, and XII Crops are moving toward Trieste for their eventual destination Holland. Meanwhile in Trieste the three privateers are sailing out with orders to disrupt enemy shipping. Also three transports are being constrcuted along with 6 light warships. The Dutch will pay for their insolence.

[This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited April 18, 2000).]
Old April 18, 2000, 19:42   #74
PolarisGL
King

OOC: Usually your people would protest sending ragtag militia against 70,000 disciplined, trained forces, including Dutch ones, but oh well...

IC:
The entire northern fleet has sailed out to intercept Austrian ships. We are sending our southern fleet to blockade southern Austria, in the bay between Italy and Greece.

Our fight has been going well in Beglium, and the enemy begins to crumble.

THIS TURN:

ADDITIONS TO THE FRENCH NAVY
Three heavy warships to be placed in Brest.
Two light warships to be placed in Brest.

Total amount: $30
Total new maintenance: $15

ADDITIONS TO THE FRENCH ARMY
The 8th Armée is complete:
::::: 8th Armée :::::
: XXXVI CORPS
: XXXVII CORPS
: XXXVIII CORPS
: XXXIX CORPS
: XXXX CORPS

(two more corps added)
Total amount: $40
Maintenance: $20

::: New military budget per turn is $430.50
::::Total amount of money as of now:
$830.50

NEW FRENCH DEPLOYMENTS:

::::: 8th Armée :::::
: XXXVI CORPS - Austro-French border (Liege-Metz border)
: XXXVII CORPS - Austro-French border (Liege-Metz border)
: XXXVIII CORPS - Austro-French border (Liege-Metz)
: XXXIX CORPS - Strasbourg
: XXXX CORPS - Soissons

CONTINUED:

Corps XXXVI-XXXVIII have been assigned to participate in an assault on Liege with the preceeding armies. This is another total of 30,000 men, coming to 100,000 French men participating in the attack.

"FIRE!"
The artillery went off...

"Sir, our armies are as good as victorious. We have been using a probe offensive for any men, but actually, we have not encountered a soul. We will remain here until commanded."

"Fortify your Corps, and tell the other probing Corps to fortify. Begin to dig in this forest, in case Austrian militia decide to fall into our death trap."

"Yes, sir."

COMMANDING OFFICERS:
1.) Maurice of Savoy
2.) Duc d'Coigny

FRENCH MILITARY:
We have begun to re-train our poor generals. We have noticed one man living in Marseilles named Jacques de Guinand. He is ending military school and the teachers have commented how he is more brilliant than they could ever be. This man wishes to become a general, so we shall treat him well to turn him into one of our best officers.
Old April 18, 2000, 19:44   #75
PolarisGL
King

We inform Austria that we will back off if you surrender Belgium to the Netherlands immediately.
Old April 18, 2000, 19:47   #76
Midshipman
King

Guys, I hate to be a stick in the mud, but doesn't it take two turns game time for regulars to be prcessed into the game? A lot of these armies are made up of regulars just added in, but they shouldn't be ready until Friday.
Old April 18, 2000, 19:49   #77
Bearcat
King

We would like the French to know that their bastard arrogance and hollow threats are not appreciated. We would also liek to point out that this is isn't their war and it would be much appreciated if they would mind their own business. Besides why should we cede what is ours?

OOC - My forces in the Netherlands are made up of militia. Polaris have you ever heard of forced conscription?

Old April 18, 2000, 19:54   #78
JT3
Prince

Local Time: 01:18
OOC: BT, I went to the little battle-decider thing, put everything in, and I won losing less than a thousand men when I gave them 10,000, which was probably too high anyway since they got 40,000 over at the Prussian border. So I'll be writing my little story now, if you decide to give them a lot more men and it changes the battle just tell me.

IC: The Rhinish(pronounced Rhine-ish) commander, Heinrich Vutstein, walked to the top of the hill and raised the spyglass to his eye. He saw the Duchie army a mile and a half away, preparing their small, undertrained group for the battle that was ahead.

Vutstein collected the I Army in a rather loose formation. It was split in two parts, 20,000 to go up the middle, 10,000 to try to outflank the enemy army. It was a classic maneuver, particularly well used by Rhinish armies as their calvalry was more abundant than in other European armies, and therefore gave them more speed and a better chance of successfully flanking. First, however, Vutstein would be opening up with sheer firepower. Firepower that he intended to use to crush the enemy army before they could fire back.

At dawn, Vutstein climbed to the top of the hill again. Around him the Rhinish artillery was positioned to strike. They had been setting up all night, making the slightest adjustments to make sure their shots would count.

"Ready!"

The artillerysmen took their positions.

"Aim!"

The artillery was braced.

"FIRE!"

Fifty-two artillery pieces opened fire upon the Duchie army. Almost immediatly, chaos took hold of the enemy, and any chain of command was forgotten as men scrambled to flee from the explosions and fire surrounding them. The artillery continued to fire, destroying enemy cannon, killing horses, and blowing bodies in all directions.

The Duchie commander began to yell as loud as he could a single word:

"STOP!"

Many Duchie troops ran for cover, but one there, gave their attention to their officer. He slowly reorganized his army, even during the constant picking off of men by the Rhinish.

A little after noon, the Duchies began their final defense. They had retreated two miles and dug in, but it wasn't nearly enough. The Rhinish closed in.

Musket balls tore into the Duchie ranks, bringing down man after man. Some of the Duchies used their dead comrades for human sheilds. Others simply stood still, parylized with fear. Half continued to march forward and began to fire. The Rhinish artillery continued its merciless assault, killing the middle and back ranks of the Duchie army before they could even fire their guns.

Rhinish calvalry, accompanied by the fastest infantrymen, slowly came out of the forest. They had waited for exactly the right moment. Now it had arrived. They were directly left of the Duchie ranks, and had a perfect attack route to surround and capture nearly two-thirds of all men in all Duchie forces. Their artillery, set up in the dense tree during the night, opened fire.

The Duchie men were taken totally by surprise. Entire rows were suddenly impaled by shells coming from the left. They started to lose their organization, and some began to run. The Duchie commander continued to ride forward on his horse, firing his rifle when he could, and keeping order in the ranks he could see. But then, he too was killed by the Rhinish, the flanking army charging forward killing all they saw.

By dusk it was over. The Rhinish had won. The battle was over. Over 5000 Duchies had been killed. The Rhinish had lost only 820 of their own men. But their lives had been given for the glory of the Empire. And their comrades were proud of their homeland, and the sacrifice their friends had given. Now they marched on, closing on the Duchie capital, bringing the greatness of the Rhineland with them, to be spread yet again.
Old April 18, 2000, 19:56   #79
Spartan187
King

OOC:BT-did you see my post?
I invaded Ancona and took Malta with my fleet if that is allowed.
Also, do you have to post a budget daily?
Old April 18, 2000, 19:58   #80
Black Dragon

BT miscalculated my budget- I have $300 not $280. I am going to be using all of the extra $20 on more regulars- so currently that makes me training 17,000 regulars.

Old April 18, 2000, 20:07   #81
PolarisGL
King

The Netherlands are our allies, we will not see them fight alone.
Why should you cede what is yours? If you choose not to, so be it.

Our forces are continuing their attack on Liege.
We have experienced no casualties. The unguarded city is now property of the Netherlands, and our troops will stay there until commanded to leave.

Austria, you will have to give us a better reason not to take Belgium from you and give it to the Netherlands.

OOC: Have you ever heard of raising a militia and equipping them? Can't get a miltia ready in a few RL hours.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:09   #82
Bearcat
King

Wait one day IRL equals three months doesn't it? That shoudl be plenty of time to recruit new regulars.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:12   #83
Bearcat
King

A good reason hmm? The Belgians are Catholic which Bas stated that the Austrians are also. That's one of the reasons the Belgians grew unhappy with Dutch rule IRL. They were Catholic and the Dutch were Protestant. So respect the people's wishes.

Need time to equip my militia? I'll give them sticks No seriously Brussles or Antwerp would have arms works and therefore I could up the production quota and pump out weapons could I not?

Old April 18, 2000, 20:19   #84
Chris Szabla
Chieftain

OOC: JT3, you realise of course that the nation you're fighting is the "Hesse Duchies", which means their nationality are "Hessians". Just for future reference.

Yes, regulars take two turns to muster and train.

And the light warship I was building at Ajaccio will have to be built at Genoa, as there are no facilities in Ajaccio. The La Spezia will sail to Ajaccio to provide protection for the harbour.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:23   #85
PolarisGL
King

Bearcat, surprisingly, that is convincing.

France is pondering to move their men out and declare a non-agression with Austria.
No word from Louis XV yet.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:26   #86
JT3
Prince

Oh...... two turns, not two days....... okay, my new armies will be done Wednesday(BT said everything but war could start earlier than Monday).
Old April 18, 2000, 20:33   #87
JT3
Prince

OOC: Yes, I know, I'm just marching towards the territory capital and fighting the territorial army, as it seems the national army is off at war.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:36   #88
Midshipman
King

To Poland:
Request denied. We ill not stab our glorious allies the Prussians in the back. Rather, we are ashamed at you for suggesting that we side against our allies.
Old April 18, 2000, 20:42   #89
Spartan187
King

OOC:Yes, but only 1/3 of the Netherlands IRL is Protestant and over half of Belguim speaks Dutch.
So there, Bearcat
Old April 18, 2000, 20:45   #90
Chris Szabla
Chieftain

Um, half of Belgium speaks Flemish, a language similar to Dutch and German, and the other half speaks Waloon, which is basically a French dialect.