Old December 15, 2003, 12:54   #1
steven8r
Prince

Local Time: 08:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How will History Remember You?
Here is the list of Leader Titles that one may 'aquire' at the end of the game when the Warrior hits the 'test o' worthiness' meter:

Worthless
Pathetic
Foolish
Meek
Cruel
Terrible
Fair
Strong
Clever
Conqueror
Lion-Hearted
Great
Wise
Magnificent

That's the list of titles that I've been able to see so far. This list goes up to the 14th light. So far, I haven't been able to get above the lights to the 'World'. I assume this is possible. Anyone know for sure?
Old December 16, 2003, 20:59   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:37
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hmm... why would you assume it is possible? Magnificent was always the top rating, from a merely large score to a truly dumbfoundingly crazily high score, and I don't see why the lights should be any different.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 16, 2003, 21:36   #3
steven8r
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Hmm... why would you assume it is possible?
I just assumed that I haven't reached the highest rank yet. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic or something.

I've only played on Monarch level (winning games, that is) and (I thought) that I just barely won those.

Before I actually won my recent games, the outcome--yeah, the very survival of my civ--was still in doubt. Does anyone ever just completely dominate the game from the beginning?
Old December 16, 2003, 21:39   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

The 14 titles you posted are all of the default ones the game awards you.

And yeah, even I have dominated (militarily) the game from start to finish on Monarch. Thanks of course to Ancient Cavalry and the general lack of resources....

Old December 16, 2003, 21:45   #5
steven8r
Prince

What title did you get from that?
Old December 17, 2003, 01:37   #6
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 10:37
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Man, I haven't. Lost every Conquest I've played, and have STRUGGLED in the one epic game I've messed about with... finally reached tech parity at the beginning of the Modern age.

[Emperor and Demi, thus far, and admittedly experimenting]

[And having loads of fun ]
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old December 17, 2003, 04:11   #7
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:37
Play MP and 'intimidate' all your opponents into quitting on the second round to score top scores.

I remember it being a big thing in civ1 to get high scores. I always thought it stopped at 100% but found it just kept going. I dont think i ever topped that one.
Old December 18, 2003, 07:14   #8
Plotinus
Prince

Local Time: 15:37
The scoring system is not as good as on the original Civilization, which had more levels (100), and was a bit more interesting - each level was that of a real world leader - famously, the worst category was Al Gore, and it went up via people like Tsar Nicholas II or Emperor Nero to Winston Churchill or George Washington. I only made it to the top once and I don't remember who it was... it was much harder to get the top rank, whereas in CivIII it seems that if you win the game you are pretty much guaranteed to get the top rank, and indeed I've often retired halfway through and got the top rank.
Old December 18, 2003, 14:28   #9
badams52
King

Local Time: 06:37
I found it quite easy to hit the top rank in Civ and Civ II. But you had to milk the score to get there. Once one of my friends told me what counted in the final score, I had no problem milking it and achieving the top.
Old December 19, 2003, 04:03   #10
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
I don't think I've ever gotten the highest rank in civ3

I routinely did it in civ2 though.
Old December 20, 2003, 02:56   #11
Vince278
King

Local Time: 14:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I don't think I've ever gotten the highest rank in civ3

I routinely did it in civ2 though.
Well, I . . um, I . . . (sorry, I keep staring at your avatar )
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
2004 Presidential Candidate
2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)
Old December 20, 2003, 07:26   #12
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
It is quite an eyeful, isn't it?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old December 20, 2003, 07:36   #13
Vince278
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
It is quite an eyeful, isn't it?
Her cup runneth over...
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
2004 Presidential Candidate
2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)
Old December 22, 2003, 11:12   #14
Khalim
Settler

Well, in basic version of Civ3, no add-ons, i reached the top rank at about 4k points (Level Monarch).
Actual personal Highscore (Monarch) : 13396 pts (Tiny, Romans, Military Victory in 1275 BC).

The earlier you win, the more points you get.

Don´t ask me how much you can achieve if you do this in higher levels such as Diety

I´m still trying....
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	rome_1275bc.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	60202  
Old December 23, 2003, 00:18   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Khalim - can you check and confirm that this ranking was Magnificent - that there is none higher?

Old December 23, 2003, 00:47   #16
Khalim
Settler

There is none higher than "Magnificent". Didnt matter if i got 4k or 10+k pts.
(Civ 3 basic Version, no Add-Ons)
Old December 23, 2003, 01:00   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Ta. Hope that sufficiently answers the question then.

Old December 23, 2003, 11:31   #18
steven8r
Prince

Well, I guess my question has been answered.

So that's it. I barely manage to keep-up through the ages, eek-out a little niche for my country,: and even though a couple other AI's have 3 Bazillion gold, somehow, narrowly (by 1 or 2 turns) I just manage to build a spaceship, and I pull-off a win and get the highest rating?! Wow. I didn't know I had it in me.

Well then, I guess I'll have to find some other game to play now.

Perhaps I'll start looking for that other game after I finish my next game, or the next, or the next, or sometime later.

Edit: I was so moved by bfg9000's compliment that I added

Last edited by steven8r; December 23, 2003 at 22:17.
Old December 23, 2003, 12:03   #19
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by steven8r
Well, I guess my question has been answered.

So that's it. I barely manage to keep-up through the ages, eek-out a little niche for my country,: and even though a couple other AI's have 3 Bazillion gold, somehow, narrowly (by 1 or 2 turns) I just manage to build a spaceship, and I pull-off a win and get the highest rating?! Wow. I didn't know I had it in me.

Well then, I guess I'll have to find some other game to play now.

Perhaps I'll start looking for that other game after I finish my next game, or the next, or the next, or sometime later.
Your post gets the award for most creative use of smileys.
Old December 23, 2003, 22:19   #20
steven8r
Prince

steven8r to bfg9000 -

Old December 23, 2003, 22:30   #21
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
So history will remember you as the "Smiley Guy"?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.