Old April 12, 2000, 23:25   #31
Bearcat
King

Local Time: 06:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC - Sigma!!! How do activate those smilies?? Let me know.
Old April 12, 2000, 23:27   #32
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 02:18
they're pictures I believe, or HTML, which are allowed in S&D. To find out how, just edit his post
Old April 12, 2000, 23:33   #33
Bearcat
King

Thanks Mao.
Old April 13, 2000, 00:38   #34
gscott23x3
Prince

The Confederate States has begun a major industrialization and militarization initiative to keep up with the nations of the world. Tank factories, aircraft complexes, shipyards and ammunition dumps have sprung up across the CS over the years, and now they have been put to usage. King Rossi has ordered the production of all military equipment from M-16 Assault Rifles to the F22 Raptor and Abrams Battle Tank. The hulls for a huge new navy have been laid down in the Norfolk, Newport News, Savannah, Charleston and Mobile Shipyards. A million State Folk have been drafted into the military and all reserves have been called to the colors to defend and protect Confederate Interests.

Confederate Navy: () Ships under construction
2 Fleet Carriers (2)
4 Light Carriers (4)
4 Battleships
8 Frigates (12)
8 AEGIS Frigates (12)
16 Destroyers (24)
16 Submarines (24)
4 Tarawa Landing Ships (6)
12 Coast Guard Patrol Ships

CS Air Force

96 F-117 Fighters
120 F-18 Fighters
240 F-22 Fighters
48 B-1b Stealth Bombers
36 B-2 Stealth Bombers
96 B-52 Bombers
24 C-130 Transport/Cargo Planes
120 Apache Assault Helicopters
120 Huey Transport Helicopters

To Mexico: We would never think of attacking your nation, we just desire a pacific port of call to open our nation to the huge markets there. We will find a way there, rest assured, without violence either. We hope to remain friends!

To California: We welcome your hand in friendship and we also hope we prosper as a result. We would be willing to sell you a majority of our food surplus in exchange for a fair price on some of your naturla resources, mainly ores and minerals seeing that our stockpiles are running low and our nation is not very well endowed in these things!

To Japan: We propose an alliance between our nations and we hope that you accept.
Old April 13, 2000, 00:43   #35
gscott23x3
Prince

With the breakup of the USA, the old southern states have reformed the Confederate States of America. The states of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona have united to form this grand nation. The capital has been symbolically chosen as Richmond, Virginia and the government is a constitutional monarchy, with the first king being the multibillionaire Scott Rossi. All federal military units in the south have sworn loyalty or gone home, and all southern troops stationed abroad have returned in the years following the formation.

Societal lines have been reformed with nobles being the rich and influential, free folk being the old middle class, and state folk being the poor and impoverished. It is completely possible for people to change class, as the CS hierchy isnt oppressive, it is free.

The military has been greatly increased as the state folk are being trained to be soldiers, engineers, laborers and farmers. Furthermore, citizens serving 10 years in the armed services get noble status.

Confederate States Data:

Population: 110,000,000
Army: 450,000 active
1,500,000 reserves
600,000 in training
Capital: Richmond, Virginia
Government: Monarchy
Languages: English and Spanish

To Russia: We wish to enter in an alliance with your great nation! We feel that we cna help each other greatly, we can supply technical and industrial expertise and equipment, you can provide us with valuable resources that our nation needs.

To California: We wish to enter in an alliance with your great state. Seeing that we were once members with the bloated and inefficient USA, we feel we can exist together similarly as brothers in arms against all who wish us to be squashed. Also we feel we can benefit each other greatly, you have valuable resources, we have food and industrial equipment that you may need, seeing that most of your industries are geared for the computer market.

To Mexico: We are interested in purchasing the provinces of Chiuahua and Sonora as we do not have an opening into the pacific ocean. How much would you be willing to sell these lands for?

Old April 13, 2000, 00:43   #36
BasV

The British PM Gregory Fleming has condemned the CF aggresssion towards the island of Man, and he said that he looks down upon the barbaric Celts for their brutality, rudeness and lack of respect for neutrality.

Old April 13, 2000, 00:49   #37
gscott23x3
Prince

hey all i have an idea...why not have the same technologies seeing that the breakup of these bigger nations means that the huge amounts of money needed wont be available for the research efforts, well until now that is. If the USA broke up, the world economic crisis would not allow this until the economy stabilizes as it would be now with us playing.

Oh and another thing, the remainder of the USA besides California and the CSA is still open to anyone!! I want someone to take it so we can have some fun infracontinental diplomacy!!
Old April 13, 2000, 01:02   #38
Bearcat
King

"Kapitan wir sind nur sieben Kilometer von Kaliningrad. Was sollen wir tun?" asked a young German ensign. Commanding officer of the SMS Thuringen, Captain Karl Pfalzer turned to face the ensign. He spoke slowly in a harsh Berliner accent.

"Signal port. We don't want the Russians to take any hostile action" said Pfalzer in German. The ensign nodded. The communications officer a ruddy young Saxon lieutenant began a radio transmission to the port authorities.

- - - - -

Meanwhile in national news

GERMAN KRIEGSMARINE TO MODERNIZE

Kaiser Roman I and Chancellor Linder have both announced a plan to modernize the Kriegsmarine. The SMS Thuringen being built in 2008 is the newest ship in the Fleet. Although most ships in the Kriegsmarine are new there are some old ships. The Kaiser wishes to eliminate the obsolete ships and replace them with newer ships. Plans include obtaining design schematics ofr the new Virginia class submarines and secret designs not yet revealed.

RHEINLAND RECOVERY PROJECT BEGINS

The Kaiser's personal economic planners have begun a project to return the Rheinland's economy to it's former postion before the French took control. This includes repairing the Saar mines no doubt raped nearly dry by the greedy French. The project is expected to take three years.

REICH AND ULA TO SIGN TREATIES

Representatives from the Fourth Reich and Union of Latin America are to meet in Mexico City this weekend to formalize a non-agression pact and trade alliance. This is expected to help both our economies and better realtions between the Fatherland and Latin America.

LUFTWAFFE LOOKS INTO NEW LASER SYSTEMS

The Luftwaffe has declared interest in looking into the new laser defense systems. They will serve to protect the Reich from the aggressive French. The Luftwaffe will also look into new forms of stealth to bypass these systems.

To Neo-Warsaw Pact - We would like to propose a strategic alliance. This would help protect both our borders and serve to better relations between our nations. (OOC - Scott can we shorten it to NWP?)

To ULA - May our nations grow together as brothers.

OOC - This is to Bill, I just want you to know that all this French bashing isn't really personal. It's just something I think that the Germans would do. Oh and I apologize for my German.
Old April 13, 2000, 01:52   #39
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:18
To Germany:
The Neo-Warsaw Pact will be glad to sign an alliance with your nation. The Russians are a peace loving people. History has shown that it is always Germany that attacks Russia, not the other way around. You have little to fear from us.

In the Black Sea:
Ten of the Neo-Warsaw Pact's fifteen carrier battle groups put to sea after taking on odd cargoes. Canisters covered with warning labels were loaded aboard several of the carriers, and it was reported that new missiles had been placed aboard all of the missile warships in the task forces.

Most of the carriers were loaded down with fuel tankers and airplane fuel. It appeared that the ships would be doing a great deal of in-flight refueling.

All ten of the task forces sailed out of the Black Sea through the Dardanelles and went off to their unknown destinations around the globe.

In missile silos across the Neo-Warsaw Pact:
Due to the fact that an act of God rendered all of Russia's nuclear warheads useless, the high command decided to replace all existing warheads with ones more suitable to the modern day and age. Since only Japan had bothered to complete an SDI system, these missiles would be useful for quite some time into the future.

In the ports of the Neo-Warsaw Pact:
All of the Neo-Warsaw Pact's ballistic missile submarines are having new warheads fitted onto their old missiles, since God does not permit the use of nuclear warheads.
Old April 13, 2000, 06:52   #40
DarthVeda
Emperor

Today the Philippine Capital was overrun by Japanese forces in less than 2 hours. Flash actions by paratrooping Marines have seized most of the Mainland. Transports are working on the outer Islands as of now while fleet continues onto Borneo and Indonesia. New Guinea has been added to the target list as well.
Old April 13, 2000, 09:10   #41
Bill3000
King

OOC: Actually, Bearcat, there are few Germans that hate the French. Look at Sahib for instance.

BTW, is it ok for it to be 1 RT day= 1PT month?

IC:

The Laser Defences are almost completed! This will be a great day for France as it is modernizing it's technology.

The troops in Algieria are gaining territory everyday. The next week, Algeria surrendered. Algieria's army is incorperated into Greater France's Army.

Part of the Greater France's army is going to French Guina to conquere.....
Old April 13, 2000, 11:48   #42
Midshipman
King

OOC I'm taking the Northeast US from Maine to North Dakota, and south to the Mason-Dixon line. This includes New England, Pennsylvbania, NY, Maryland, NJ, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, W. Virginia, Illinois Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, South and North Dakota.

IC: Even though the United States have lost some power to seceding rebels, the core in the Northeast and Midwest still remains. From Washington D.C, the vote totals are tallied, and Jonathon Casee is elected President by a lartge margin. Promising that the US will be a world power once again, he embarks on a program of modernization and crash building in the military.

TO CSA: Although you have seceded from the Rwpublic, we still look upon you as friends. At any time, we will be willing to talk of an alliance for mutual protection against encroaching powers.

To California: Same deal as the CSA.

To all other powers. Although we are not as great as we once were, do not challenge us. The US holds to any and all claims made by past presidents, including Monroe and Roosevelt. However, we are always willing to entertain the option of alliance talks for greater security, and will always hold out the olive branch of peace.

Old April 13, 2000, 11:56   #43
BasV

I'm out now. This does not seem to be the right thread for me, I don't like countries to be pulling laser defenses, carrier battle groups and sudden unifications (yes, I've did the last thing myself as well to a certain extent) out of their arses. Anyway, have fun everyone, but this is just not my kind of thread.

Old April 13, 2000, 15:22   #44
DarthVeda
Emperor

Diplomacy at last! Indonesia decided it would be wiser to surrender to a dictated terms of surrender rather than draw into a protracted war with an opponent that they have no chance of winning against. 4 Divisions are already flown in to secure the area.

In addition, Japan has announced the construction of 20 light attack carriers for China.

The Japanese fleet sails onto New Guinea!
Old April 13, 2000, 15:41   #45
Dark Fox

ok mao. I'll claim th rest of the continental USA
[This message has been edited by Dark Fox (edited April 13, 2000).]

Old April 13, 2000, 18:29   #46
Dark Fox

DIALY NEWS

the country is in celibration as the new presiden, marcus reed, was elected. hopes for the new country, now named the N.W.A.( new western america),are high.
president marcus has also sent messages to all countrys of his willingness to buy millitary equiptment. "anything they have", siad marcus, "we would be willing to make an offer for".

Old April 13, 2000, 18:39   #47
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

The ROC now has 20 fleet carriers (OOC: hell, if Japan can have 19). Three of which were sent to Korea, forcing the two countries to unite and to succumb to becoming provinces in two weeks. Paratroopers took bother capitals so that Korea was the proverbial "headless chicken" which was quickly subdued. Next on the target was Mongolia, which is being invaded with the might of the Chinese army, now very advanced.

OOC: Bill, if France can still have their military status, I have mine too.
Old April 13, 2000, 18:46   #48
Bolo
King

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I claim Afganistan!!

Today Afgan leader Abeegcoat delcared Afganistan ready for large scale nuclear combat. He said in a televised addreess:
quote:

I love nukes, they give me goosebumps everytime I see one I want to launch it at some **** nation in Africa. My advisor, Steve says that if I get enough nukes the world will be like, hey you! with all the nukes, what the hell are you gonna use all those nukes for, and I'll answer back: Cooking, why yes I'll cook with them.

The speech went on like that for several hours until Abeegcoat saw two cows in a field.
quote:

The good thing about cows is that when you put a new nuke in one you get radioactive beef!

Afgan foreign policy goals
Invade our neighbors

Results
I overran pakistan in three hours, they said no more nuclear cows!

I overran the many stans in four hours they said they didn't want more cow corpses on their fields, it was scarring the peasents.

I overran India, iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and all the shiek kingdoms and Israel in twenty minutes after subjecting them to the fowl sight of ten teletubby lookalikes and the John Tesh album.

Now Abeegcoat has renamed his nation
The Greater Cow Weapon Using Asian Empire

I have:
100,000 aircraft
1,000,000 tanks
250,000 nuclear exploding cows

Abeegcoat
Maybe, I can't tell from here.....
Old April 13, 2000, 20:05   #49
Lord Sigma

Dead thread walking!

If this thread is to survive, you all must understand how long it takes to build a carrier. The thread takes place ten years from now. France started construction of the Carrier Charles Dugualle in 1989 and now in 2000 the ship has still yet to become active. Most countries except the US require at least 10 years to build 1 carrier. The US can do it in five. So unless your nation has 20 carriers in construction now, you don't have 20 carriers in 10 years. Incidentally the only nations with carriers in constuction that i know of is the US though the UK has some planned for 2012....

Also most of the armed forces people seem to be pulled out would bankrupt the US and Japan put together. Everyone, be resonable

Old April 13, 2000, 21:12   #50
Bill3000
King

quote:

Originally posted by Bolo on 04-13-2000 06:46 PM
I claim Afganistan!!

Today Afgan leader Abeegcoat delcared Afganistan ready for large scale nuclear combat. He said in a televised addreess:
Afgan foreign policy goals
Invade our neighbors

Results
I overran pakistan in three hours, they said no more nuclear cows!

I overran the many stans in four hours they said they didn't want more cow corpses on their fields, it was scarring the peasents.

I overran India, iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and all the shiek kingdoms and Israel in twenty minutes after subjecting them to the fowl sight of ten teletubby lookalikes and the John Tesh album.

Now Abeegcoat has renamed his nation
The Greater Cow Weapon Using Asian Empire

I have:
100,000 aircraft
1,000,000 tanks
250,000 nuclear exploding cows

Abeegcoat
Maybe, I can't tell from here.....

Nukes arn't allowed, dufus!

We need a moderator, but somebody who would be willing to not have a country.
Old April 13, 2000, 21:27   #51
Bill3000
King

The French Forces in South America are gaining land every day!

WEEK ONE
The Greater France Army has landed in Cayenne, French Guina. The Army is mobilizin g.

WEEK TWO
Movement into Suriname! The Small Suinamese army is crushed, and Suiname is annexed. Army movements into Guyana is starting!

WEEK THREE
Guyana surrenders with the fall of it's capital! Once again, the Small Army is crushed by Greater France. No small country can survive by Greater France!

WEEK FOUR
The main army is shipped into Algieria and France. Some soldiers stay behind as an occupation force. French is introduced into Suriname, Holland, and Guyana as a first manditory language.
Old April 13, 2000, 21:38   #52
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OK, well, I think realism went out the door when Bill put up laser defenses. Also, there's no way in hell me (or anyone else) is going to wait 10 years for a carrier in a story thread. The entire point of a thread is to shape our own future, not go along with the world, if we want to do that, we'll read a newspaper.
Old April 13, 2000, 22:37   #53
Bearcat
King

quote:

Originally posted by Bill3000 on 04-13-2000 09:27 PM
The French Forces in South America are gaining land every day!

WEEK ONE
The Greater France Army has landed in Cayenne, French Guina. The Army is mobilizin g.

WEEK TWO
Movement into Suriname! The Small Suinamese army is crushed, and Suiname is annexed. Army movements into Guyana is starting!

Okay is this just me or does anyone else have a problem with an army being orverun in a week. Even if they are from Suriname. I mean the only army that could lose in a week is the French

quote:

WEEK THREE
Guyana surrenders with the fall of it's capital! Once again, the Small Army is crushed by Greater France. No small country can survive by Greater France!

That's just blatant imperialism and First World elitism. I mean come on Bill even Guyana could probably survive with a lot of help.

IC

The German Reich decries French world wide agression and is prepared to take whatever action is necessary to stop the French forces from encircling the globe with their insidious regime. Kaiser Roman is to leave tomorrow for Mexico City to sign agreements with the ULA.

[This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited April 13, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited April 13, 2000).]
Old April 13, 2000, 23:06   #54
Midshipman
King

OOC: C'mon guys, this is insane. People are building huge juggernauts of forces in tiny amounts of time. I haven't posted anything about my forces, because I am trying to figure out what would be where. And the way that people are overrunning Third World Countries. This is somewhat stupid.

IC: The United States agrees with Germany, and commits herself to helping defend weaker countries. Also, President Casee asks for an emergency UN meeting to determing if sanctions are needed for France and Japan for their blatent attacks on seperate cultures.

To France: The Monroe Doctrine is still in force. Back off, now! You have been warned.

To Germany: We agree, and are willing to enter into an alliance with you.

To California, ULA, CSA: We are the powers in the Western Hemisphere, and we must work together to resist this blatent attack. IF we let this go unpunished, what will happen next?

To North West America: We offer you the same treaty as we have the CSA, and California. Also, we invite you to join in the struggle to prevent French Imperialism.
Old April 13, 2000, 23:13   #55
Bearcat
King

Due to Kaiser Roman's abscence because of travel plans Chancellor Linder is in charge of the Reichstag. He has prepared replies to all nations contacting the Reich.

To US - Yes we welcome an allaince with your stable regime. We thank you for your support.

OOC - Midship, the only reason Germany is os powerful is because we built over a 10 year period. And the fact that the French had the Saar helped that process along with nationalistic sentiment. Oh and like Scott F told me before if weren't for bad neigbors and stupid diplomats Germany would ominate Europe. I think that's close to what he said
Old April 13, 2000, 23:21   #56
gscott23x3
Prince

For the time being, the CSA is concentrating on industrialization and militarization. WE are strengthening our forces and our infrastructure.

OOC- I am taking a sideline until these squabbles get sorted out by the titans. AS i am a relative newbie i am sitting aside till things cool down and people get situated!! But i will still play if this thread survives!!
Old April 14, 2000, 00:12   #57
Scott F
Prince

OOC:
Notorious stupidity of its leaders and the bungling of its diplomats. Those two are the source of almost all of Germany's problems.
Old April 14, 2000, 04:53   #58
Scott F
Prince

The Neo-Warsaw Pact will not tolerate further French expansionism. They were warned. From this moment forward a state of war shall exist between the Neo-Warsaw Pact and Greater France.

Angered by the spineless vasilations of German diplomats in taking a decisive stand against France and fearful of another Munich, President Putin authorized the invasion of France through Germany. The 300 Motorized Infantry and 150 Tank Divisions of the Neo-Warsaw Pact moved to the west.

Several million men and more than twenty thousand tanks rolled across Germany towards France. Within a matter of ours, the skies over Germany were filled with more than fifteen thousand warplanes and five thousand bombers.

The German Reich chose foolishly to attempt to stop the Russian advance and denied the forces of the Neo-Warsaw pact free passage across Germany. This resulted in an ultimatum from Moscow.
quote:

Give us free passage or we will take free passage from you.

With the ultimatum sent, the forces of the Neo-Warsaw Pact advanced.

The Germans were outnumbered on the ground better than five to one and in the air often at worse than ten to one odds. Within two days of the Russian move towards France, the German air force ceased to exist as a fighting force. Total air supremacy was now in the hands of the Russians. With air superiority guaranteed, the Russians began to launch bombing runs against France itself.

On the ten day of the attack, the Russian forces entered Berlin. The Reichswehr had been shattered and was fleeing from the Russian advance in a full route. With the Kaiser in the ULA signing agreements, the German government collapsed and surrendered to the Russians. Many forces continued to flee to the west, hoping to escape the mass onslaught of the forces of the Neo-Warsaw Pact.

In just two short weeks, the Neo-Warsaw Pact had destroyed Germany as a world power. Germany east of Munich was occupied and was behind the front lines. All of Austria and the Czech Republic were in Russian hands. The future for German resistance looks dim.

To Germany:
We await your answer to our ultimatum.
To France:
Prepare to die.
To Japan:
Good luck and good hunting.
To China:
Well?
To All of the Peaceful Little People
We mean the rest of you no harm. We have no great ambitions of conqest. We merely seek to destroy France before France destroys us all.
Old April 14, 2000, 04:55   #59
Scott F
Prince

OOC: It goes, of course without saying that the Neo-Warsaw Pact is taking heavy losses. Fortunately, the NWP has many times more manpower and equipment than both Germany and France combined. The defeat of the enemy is but a matter of time.
Old April 14, 2000, 09:27   #60
Bill3000
King

Greater France has pleadged that it will take no more land in South America.

To Germany: We propose an alliance to rid the world of the Russians!

All of the French Forces has gone to France! The French forces are getting ready for battle, and the laser defences ready to defend. Major conscription has begun, as they are ready to stop the Russian Power. The Warsaw Pact forgot to think of the problems inside. Their weak economy and verge of collapse will do them in before they will get on French territory.

Already have a Warsaw balliton gone close to a Laser Defence, and was slaughtered by the increadible heat.

OOC: ScottF, you are ruining this thread. If youy continue, I will boot you out of the thread. And the Warsaw pact has a small army, due to a weak economy and unwillingness to be in the army. France is more powerful than you.

Major power Army sizes:
1.China
2.France
3.USA
4.Germany
5.ULA
6.Neo-Warsaw Pact
7.CSA

[This message has been edited by Bill3000 (edited April 14, 2000).]