Old December 15, 2003, 22:31   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Tabejin Times: Day 6
It's time to bake. And bake. And bake some more.

Now we Tabejin have this down to a science.

If you have followed the cookie recipe found on day 1, then they have had plenty of time to chill by now.

I have found that the dough is a bit sticky. This may be the effects of the high altitude, I do not know, but have found that kneading a little flour into it fixes this in no time.

You will want to knead the dough at any rate, and be sure to flour up both your work surface and the rolling pin. This stuff is hard as a brick if you don't first knead it though.

Roll flat and cut out your cookies. With a little dusting of the shapes, you can stack and store them as you work in a 3 pan rotatoin for mass baking, like I am doing.

Here are the stacked cookie shapes waiting on my counter now:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween 025.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	59740  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2003, 22:36   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Now, once they are baked, you will need to let them cool if you are going to frost them (as I do) or sprinkle them with sugar while they are hot if you prefer that method.

However, with the masses I am baking the entire kitchen table has been converted into a cooling rack and covered with wax paper.

Tomorrow, we will be decorating, I'll get the frosting recipe I rescued from the same pile Nuts and Bolts was in as well as my suggestions when I can, and that may be a bit late...

Anyway...almost close enough to eat...:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween 026.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	59741  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote