Old February 10, 2004, 03:25   #121
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 3, 2010
My mistake - I thought that you were looking for info on the squadrons which deployed to Norway.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/UN/U...-4.html#page52 has some rough figures. In general, as the aircraft which appear to have operted from Britain belonged to Bomber and Coastal Commands, I'd say that no specific squadrons were dedicated to the operation - aircraft from these commands pool of aircraft were tasked as needed. I'd say that you'd be best off giving the British a squadron of Wellingtons and two or three squadrons of light bombers.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Last edited by Case; February 10, 2004 at 03:49.
Old February 10, 2004, 06:21   #122
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The Book 'RAF Bomber Command in the Second World War. The Hardest Victory' by Denis Richards states that Bomber Command flew 882 sorties as part of the Norwegian/Danish campaign. The biggest single raid launched was that made on 12 April against Kristiansand which involved 23 Blenheims, 36 Wellingtons and 24 Hamptons - ie, a squadron of each aircraft. Most raids were much smaller.

Richards appears to confirm that no bomber command squadrons were permenantly dedicated to the campaign. Due to the need to conserve aircraft ahead of the expected German offencive in France, Bomber Command never commited more then a fraction of it's 200 planes to Norway.

Somewhat bizarely, Bomber Command wasn't permitted to launch raids against Germany during this period, and no bombs could be dropped on German forces in Norway until it had been proven that the Germans had first bombed Norway!
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old February 10, 2004, 15:38   #123
Eivind IV
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 16:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thanks! I'm at 'work' now (military), so I expect to have this done by the night when I come home.

Hopefully it will be in your PM boxs' by tomorrow .

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!
Old February 10, 2004, 22:44   #124
Eivind IV
King

Weserübung beta version ready for download!
Ah crap!

I started out PMing the beta version, but there seems to have been something wrong with the poly upload thing. So if you recived some PMs from me, just delete tehm.

I thereforeposted the whole thing at the 'Weserübung forum' at CDG:

The page is to be found here. Thanks!

http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...opic.php?t=419

I want to thank everybody for beeing so helpful with me. I would never have managed to finish this thing without your help.

Old February 11, 2004, 20:38   #125
Eivind IV
King

PBEM test of the latest update here if any of you guys want to have a go

http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...?p=10836#10836