Old December 17, 2003, 18:53   #1
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 09:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
oh, how crazy the world is.

malaysians taking a cue from rev. moon
Quote:
Malaysia is to consider using mass circumcision ceremonies to promote racial harmony.

Circumcision is a rite of passage for young Muslim boys, and in Malaysia it is common for the ceremony to become an event with dozens, or even hundreds of boys being circumcised together.

Now the prime minister's religious affairs adviser has suggested that circumcision can bring Malaysians of all races and religions together.

Dr Abdul Hamid Othman said that with the growing popularity of circumcision among the country's non-Muslim minorities - who see it as good hygienic practice - they too could be invited to join in the celebrations with their Muslim friends.

He believes the idea could promote better race relations and he wants to see a nationwide circumcision ceremony organised.

Just over half of Malaysia's population is Muslim, mainly members of the ethnic Malay community, while the country's Chinese, Tamil and tribal peoples follow a variety of other faiths.

The government has been exploring ways of stopping the different groups from drifting apart, including the introduction of a national service scheme which begins in February.

do you know how many animals i had to sleep with to get this fur coat?

Quote:
Animal rights advocates will single out small children at performances of ``The Nutcracker'' in the next few weeks by handing out fliers saying ``Your Mommy Kills Animals'' to youngsters whose mothers are wearing fur.

``Children can't look up to a mom in a battered-raccoon hat or a crushed coyote collar,'' said Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. ``Maybe when they're confronted by their own children's hurt looks, fur-wearers' cold hearts will melt.''

The fliers include a color drawing of a woman plunging a large bloody knife into the belly of a terrified rabbit. The fliers urge kids to ``ask your mommy how many dead animals she killed to make her fur clothes.

``And the sooner she stops wearing fur, the sooner the animals will be safe. Until then, keep your doggie or kitty friends away from mommy - she's an animal killer.''

Brookline child psychologist Dr. Carolyn Newberger called the tactics ``terribly dangerous to children.''

``It's using children in the worst possible way,'' she said. ``If (the activists) want to legitimately work to protect animals from destruction for fashion, they have every right to. But to do so by targeting children and making them feel their mothers are murderers is absolutely unconscionable.''

Lisa Franzetta, a national coordinator for PETA, said the group will launch its ``fur-ocious'' protest at `Nutcracker' performances in as many as 20 cities across the United States.

Franzetta, who is based in California, said yesterday she did not yet know when the protests will begin in Boston, where ``The Nutcracker'' is playing at the Wang Center for the Performing Arts in the Theater District.

Franzetta acknowledged the anti-fur campaign might spark a backlash. ``It's definitely provocative, I will give you that,'' she said.

Wang Center officials could not be reached for comment about the planned protests.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:54   #2
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 17, 2003, 18:56   #3
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 08:47
Re: oh, how crazy the world is.
Quote:
Originally posted by Q Cubed

malaysians taking a cue from rev. moon
Quote:
Malaysia is to consider using mass circumcision ceremonies to promote racial harmony.
How is this any different from the unofficial policy in the US to circumcise newborns?
Old December 17, 2003, 18:57   #4
Q Classic
Emperor

because they're doing it mass ceremonies. like reverend moon and his weddings.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:59   #5
chequita guevara
Emperor

I hate Rev. Moon.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 17, 2003, 19:00   #6
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

1. I wanna make fur coat out of PETA. Ive enough dumb storeis about them.

2. Nothing better than snipping off penis to maintain harmony.... I love it. No more "my c0ck is bigger than yours" wars!
Old December 17, 2003, 19:00   #7
chequita guevara
Emperor

Damn Koreans, always trying to make us eat Kim Chee, even if it is tastey.
Old December 17, 2003, 19:13   #8
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 17:47
I want to make a fur coat out of reverend Moon.
Old December 17, 2003, 20:25   #9
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There is no official promotion of circumcision in the USA. In fact, most medical societies discourage the practice. Medical opinion may change however if circumcision is found to be an effective means to reduce the transmision of HIV.
Old December 17, 2003, 20:31   #10
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 16:47
I read an article yesterday saying that according to a Harvard biologist, creatures having sex would prevent parasites!! Funny theory, but it's actually remarkable that most species on earth have sexual reproduction rather than asexual..

not that it has anything to do with the topic but hey...
Old December 17, 2003, 20:37   #11
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trajanus
I read an article yesterday saying that according to a Harvard biologist, creatures having sex would prevent parasites!! Funny theory, but it's actually remarkable that most species on earth have sexual reproduction rather than asexual..
Not that funny a theory. It's the establishment theory as to why sexual repoduction is superior to asexual. Asexual reproduction produces, basically, clones. They're genetically identical unless something goes wrong, which means that they are much more vulnerable to infection. Sexual creatures, however, slightly randomize their genes, which means that it's unlikely that any one disease or parasite can get a species number and wipe it out.
Old December 17, 2003, 20:41   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 17, 2003, 21:09   #13
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I see nothing wrong (strange, yes, but not wrong) with mass circumcisions if the non-Muslims want to do it. Anything that can bring a feeling of togetherness in a divided society is fine in my book, if it's not forced upon people.

I see something terribly wrong with the *******s who want kids to hate their mothers and to be afraid from them . I'd like to see what these *******s would think if their kids called them "murderers" all day long
Old December 17, 2003, 21:17   #14
Winston
Emperor

In other news today, some of the organizers of a recently held massive sex orgy in China have been sentenced to life in prison.

And John Cleese is apparently considering running for Mayor in Santa Barbara, California.

You may weep or giggle as you see fit.
Old December 17, 2003, 21:18   #15
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

I prefer Cleese over Ahnuld though
Old December 17, 2003, 21:37   #16
chequita guevara
Emperor

Doesn't Cleese live in London? Santa Barbara is a pertty liberal town for an old Tory like Cleese.
Old December 17, 2003, 22:33   #17
Kidicious
Deity

Local Time: 06:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
There is no official promotion of circumcision in the USA. In fact, most medical societies discourage the practice. Medical opinion may change however if circumcision is found to be an effective means to reduce the transmision of HIV.
Are you saying that since I'm circumcised that I may not have to worry about getting HIV?
Old December 17, 2003, 22:40   #18
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
Wang Center officials could not be reached for comment
I found this humorous...
Old December 17, 2003, 23:24   #19
Seeker
Emperor

They shoulda asked me that question about the rabbits....I used to snare rabbits as one of my chores. They infested the area and made good stew for a rural family on a budget. WTF would she be messing around stabbing a rabbit with a knife? I had a little iron Wonderbar TM (a mini crowbar) perfect for my size and requiring little effort.

(snort) I bet these PETA people have never seen farm animals castrated either....damn kids today need toughening up.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:27   #20
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Doesn't Cleese live in London? Santa Barbara is a pertty liberal town for an old Tory like Cleese.
I lived in Santa Barbara for five years and let me tell you it is a conservative strong hold. The city is very rich and other then the college students and the latin migrants EVERYONE is a republican.

It has to do with housing costing so much so most of the population is very wealthy and very receptive to Republican tax cut proposals.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:32   #21
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
Not that funny a theory. It's the establishment theory as to why sexual repoduction is superior to asexual. Asexual reproduction produces, basically, clones. They're genetically identical unless something goes wrong, which means that they are much more vulnerable to infection. Sexual creatures, however, slightly randomize their genes, which means that it's unlikely that any one disease or parasite can get a species number and wipe it out.
well, that and it feel so damn good.

Quote:
I found this humorous...
someone else notices.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:39   #22
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Kidicious

Are you saying that since I'm circumcised that I may not have to worry about getting HIV?
I presume he means if there is more than a statistical anomaly in the rate of infection between circumcised and non-circumcised. If circumcision cuts the transmission rate in unprotected sex by as little as 1% that would reduce the number of newly infected by thousands, in about 15-20 years time. Obviously no substitute for condoms, but thats not what the Doc is on about AFAIK.
Old December 19, 2003, 12:59   #23
Winston
Emperor

The World is indeed crazy.

This story is in the national news here in Denmark today. A 30 year old man was charged with having conned a 29 year old male student into attempting to rape a female acquaintance of his. According to police, the 30 year old posed himself on the Net as a 24 year old woman who lives in the same building he does. He made contact with the 29 year old and it was agreed that the student should visit the woman and stage a rape as a form of sexual role playing to arouse them both. The 29 year old was to look under the door mat outside the woman's flat, where he was to find a condom as a signal to carry on with the rape. However as he proceeded, the woman yelled and resisted so bitterly that the 29 year old finally figured out that something was wrong.

Rape by proxy, now there's a novelty.
Old December 19, 2003, 13:09   #24
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Winston
In other news today, some of the organizers of a recently held massive sex orgy in China have been sentenced to life in prison.
Are they all being held at the same prison?

We should tell PETA about the furries, and how they encourage children to wear the skins of animals. Then PETA can wage war on furries and furries can psychologically scar PETA to the point where they can no longer have sex. They'll destroy each other! It could work!
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old December 19, 2003, 13:46   #25
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
We should tell PETA about the furries, and how they encourage children to wear the skins of animals. Then PETA can wage war on furries and furries can psychologically scar PETA to the point where they can no longer have sex. They'll destroy each other! It could work!
Old December 19, 2003, 19:33   #26
axi
Prince

Local Time: 17:47
Quote:
Santa Barbara is a pertty liberal town for an old Tory like Cleese.
Are you sure John Cleese is conservative? He was a member of the Monty Pythons after all.
Old December 19, 2003, 19:47   #27
debeest
Prince

Local Time: 06:47
John Cleese has lived in Santa Barbara for quite awhile. He's very involved in the community and generally pretty liberal, especially as compared to the largely conservative Santa Barbara.
Old December 19, 2003, 19:48   #28
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
quote:
Animal rights advocates will single out small children at performances of ``The Nutcracker'' in the next few weeks by handing out fliers saying ``Your Mommy Kills Animals'' to youngsters whose mothers are wearing fur.
Although I don't think people should wear fur coats, this is absolute madness.
(yeah yeah, I know, leather shoes and all that )
-
The first article is wacko too IMHO.
Old December 19, 2003, 21:48   #29
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kidicious

It may reduce the risk of infection by as much as 50%. That means that if you are circumcised your risk of being infected with the virus during a single sexual contact involving you penis and some orifice of an infected person's body would be half as much as if you had not been circumcised. In the US that might change the risk of infection during anal intercourse for the "pitcher" from 1:100 to 1:200. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have to worry about contracting AIDS, it simply means you have a little bit less of a chance of getting it. There are studies underway in Africa to better determine the value of circumcision in reduing the spread of AIDS, though. It's possible that the degree of risk reduction may be less, or even more, than previously thought.
Old December 19, 2003, 22:04   #30
Kirnwaffen
Warlord

Local Time: 08:47
You so much as pull one of those flyers out in front of me and I will kick your ass from here to the moon. The circumcision thing is just bizzare.