Old December 17, 2003, 23:24   #31
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Your problem is with the English language. Maybe you should go write to Websters and complain but I think that would be a kin to pissing in the wind.
Science has declared that Arabs are a semetic race. Take it up with them.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:26   #32
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:47
will do. that popup thingie is not working.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:32   #33
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Why is it that we cannot discuse anti-semetism without some person pulling out this tired old samantic arguement? In the English language anti-semetism secifically deals with anti-Jewish prejudece.
Yeah, but we are talking to Frenchies here.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old December 17, 2003, 23:34   #34
Patroklos
Emperor

Local Time: 14:47
Sava, Sava, Sava....

Considering America was European for all intents and purposes untill well into the 19th century, Europe had the largest slave population of anyone!

Not that that has any relation to the topic.

France seems to be haveing the same problem America is but opposite, We are becoming less secular and exacerbating the racial and faith differances. France is becoming more secular and exacerbating the racial and faith differances (especially with that new law that just cam out and the muslims).

-Pat
Old December 17, 2003, 23:34   #35
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Science has declared that Arabs are a semetic race. Take it up with them.
Thus scientific terms are different from common language terms in order to more percisely make these definitions. The fact remains that we are not speaking at a scientific forum and in the common parliance of the English language anti-sematism refers to strictly anti-Jewish prejudice.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:37   #36
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 16:47
Quote:
anti-sematism refers to strictly anti-Jewish prejudice.
I don't know for the rest of the forum, where the smartasses may run galore, but here it is so
Old December 17, 2003, 23:38   #37
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Patroklos
France is becoming more secular and exacerbating the racial and faith differances (especially with that new law that just cam out and the muslims).

-Pat
You are right; France is becoming more secular. I think of that as a good thing though and the law banning austintacious displays of religion in public schools is a major improvement. What makes it an improvement? That it minimizes class, gender, racial, and religious differences so that children are better able to concentraite upon their studies.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:46   #38
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Part of the "native French" irritation against the Muslims may be because the french are getting tired of being blamed for the muslim attacking jews and burning synagoges in France.
(no smilie above this post)
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old December 17, 2003, 23:56   #39
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
Yeah, but we are talking to Frenchies here.
We are talking about France but we are conversing in English.
Old December 18, 2003, 00:37   #40
Ned
King

Local Time: 06:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
America is more racist than France... remember... you guys didn't enslave a whole race of people. What's sad is that it took a war to stop it in America.
Yeah, the Second World War brought the realization that separate but equal was racist subjugation that had to end.

Somehow, I think the fact that France was not "punished" after WWII for its crimes against Jews left open and unresolved a lot of issues in this regard.
Old December 18, 2003, 00:42   #41
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:47
0.1 out of 10, Ned.
Old December 18, 2003, 01:05   #42
Ned
King

NYE, I am not the only person who has said this - which is primarily why I said it.
Old December 18, 2003, 02:39   #43
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Yeah, the Second World War brought the realization that separate but equal was racist subjugation that had to end.

Somehow, I think the fact that France was not "punished" after WWII for its crimes against Jews left open and unresolved a lot of issues in this regard.
0.00000001 out of 10. I hope you are joking here.

126 000 were arrested. More than half were liberated. 40 000 had a jail or forced labor sentence. 763 were executed.
Many were exiled (I don't know the exact number), such as prominent writer Celine, who had not participated in the genocide but written anti-semitic pamphlets.
Many were sommarily executed or lynched by the angry populace (including some who had been acquitted out of lack of proof).
Obviously it was impossible to arrest everyone even remotely linked, but you are terribly wrong in saying that there was no punishment.
Old December 18, 2003, 02:59   #44
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
NYE, I am not the only person who has said this - which is primarily why I said it.
A torrent of crap does not change the nature of the crap.
Old December 18, 2003, 03:05   #45
Ned
King

Please accept my apologies on the punishment issue. I was obviously wrong.