Old December 18, 2003, 06:56   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 07:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Declaration of War
This thread is for discussing the Declaration of War we will be posting on the Forum at the end of turn 2150. It will formaly declare war on PEACE and atempt to infuence public opinon in our direction, also it should be funny too.

Here are some of my initial thoughts on what we should present.

ATTENTION - level 10 Priority Declaration of the Cybornetic Conciousness.

As of day 249 of the mission year 2150 the Cybornetic Conciousness is formaly and officialy in a state of Vendetta/war with the conglomeration of people know as the Pirates Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers aka PEACE.

PreEmptive military action has been comensed upon the Bases of said faction, Cycon algorithims predict a 93.74% propability of victory over PEACE defensive forces.

The Concoiusness wishes to make its intentions, reasons and aims clear to the games nutral factions so as to aid future diplomatic engagments. In acordance with this policy the Conciousness formaly charges PEACE with the following crimes.

1 - Retetedly and wantedly asking for sweateners at the last minute of a trade (often near the end of our turn when they know we are about to post) threatening that said trade will not be conducted without the additional sweetener.

2 - Abusing the good will of our ill faited Pact, which we withdrew from due to their abuse.

3 - Piloting Navel vessals whial under the influens of an intoxicating substance (naimly XenoRum)

4 - Having tecnologies which we dont have

5 - Having realy nice bases with lots of Bonus tiles nearby (thanks Googlie )

6 - Having weak defences

7 - Driving hard bargains when it came to tec trading and com link trades.

8 - Over use of the word "Arrrrrg", "Matey" and "Shiver me timbers!".

9 - Having Scurvy.

10 - Illegaly downloading Cycon Music and other Intilectual Properties over the Internet.

11 - Being a highly Irational and Emotional set of Full Humans who cling to emotions out of archaic evolutionary tendencies, inspite of the glorious example set by the Cycons.

12 - Repetedly breaking the 48 hour time limit and averaging almost 60 hours to play turns over the last 3 months.

When the preceeding Paramiters are entered in to Cycon Algorithims the output is undeniably....

CAUSI BELLUM
(though admitedly we dont have Ethical Calculus yet so we may have forgotten to carry the 3 and the Answer could infact be 42)

Thus the Conciousness expects and strongly advises other faction to remain nutral in this confilct, though we do encourage others to gift PEACE any tecnologies that we currently lack.

To PEACE we issue this ultimatim:

ALL YOUR BASES WILL BELONG TO US, YOUR BIOLOGICAL, TECNOLOGICAL AND FINANCIAL DISTINCTIVNESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN, RESISTENCE IS OFCORSE FUTILE!

Oh and by the way MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; December 18, 2003 at 07:04.
Old December 18, 2003, 10:31   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 14:48
ok here are some pointers:
it is neutral instead of nutral
it is while insteds of whial
accordance instead of acordance

and some other stuff...for the rest

but i dont know if this is already talked over but are we going to wipe them of the face of Chiron? if not maybe we have to put in the demands for the bases and technology for non-military actions
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 18, 2003, 11:35   #3
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

I think the plan is total assimilation (but we dont think the Hive knows that), I dont think theirs realy anything they could give us at this point to prevent war that we cant get by doing the war and taking their bases will make us stronger.

But including a bunch of unreasonable demands wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh and I spell horrababliey so if Manic could run the whole thing through spell check before he posts it that would help us look like good Cyborgs who dont think Potatoe is spelled with an E.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 18, 2003, 17:20   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:48
I like it.

Btw, how about elaborating the Borglike message to PEACE like this?

We are the Consciousness.
Prepare to be assimilated.
Lower your defences, and surrender your ships.
We will add your technological and financial distinctiveness to our own.
Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, your culture will adapt to service ours.
All your base are belong to us.
Resistance is futile.

Perhaps we could also write some other articles, and include them in Issue 5 of 3D?
Old December 18, 2003, 20:28   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I agree with Maniac. However I like the "I'm terribly sorry, but our cruiser appears to have repeatedly rammed into your base defenses, killing them all, and out marines appear to have captured it. Oh well, I guess we'd better assimilate you all then. We apologise for the inconvenience."
Sorta thing.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 18, 2003, 22:27   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Digital Data Download (3D) - Issue 5
As Impaler[WrG] asked me to do a bit of spell checking, how about this. I also added a few other casi belli proposals. Do you like them?

The Trial of PEACE

ATTENTION - level 10 Priority Declaration of the Cybernetic Conciousness.

As of day 249 of the Mission Year 2150 the Cybernetic Conciousness is formally and officially in a state of Vendetta with the conglomeration of people known as the Pirates Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers aka PEACE.

Pre-emptive military action has been commenced upon the bases of said faction. Cybernetic algorithms predict a 93.74% probability of victory over PEACE defensive forces.

The Consciousness wishes to make its intentions, reasons and aims clear to the neutral factions so as to aid future diplomatic engagements. In accordance with this policy the Consciousness formally charges PEACE with the following crimes:

1 - Repeatedly and wantedly asking for sweeteners at the last minute of a trade - often near the end of our turn when they know we are about to post - threatening that said trade will not be conducted without the additional sweetener. Under Social Psych (Psi-2) Functions this is commonly known as the "Once-the-ball-is-rolling"-technique, which is of course ineffective when tried out on the Consciousness.

2 - Trying to hide from us for a long time they had met other factions such as PUT, while we were open about who we had contacted.

3 - During the Industrial Automation negotiations lying to us about the way they acquired Industrial Base, telling us they bought it from the Data Angels for 100 credits, while they really traded it with PUT in exchange for Doctrine: Mobility. On top of that they wanted us to pay them back the price they had supposedly paid to the Angels for Industrial Base...

4 - Accusing Drogue Beta-8 of being a hacker. While we do not deny being skilled at infiltrating data networks, we were not engaging in any such activities at the time.

5 - Driving hard bargains when it came to tech trading and commlink trades, beyond the point of reasonability. And then insulting us for being bad pactmates because we didn't like and accept their offers.

6 - In general abusing the good will of our ill-fated Pact, which we withdrew from due to their abuse.

7 - Construction of Party Boats aka probe foils in the bases of Alexandria and Tripoli, with the intention of infiltrating Cybernetic Datalinks.

8 - Piloting naval vessels while under the influence of an intoxicating substance (namely Xenorum).

9 - Having technologies which we don't have.

10 - Having rich and fertile yet weakly defended bases.

11 - Use of the words "Arrrrrg", "Matey" and "Shiver me timbers!".

12 - Having scurvy.

13 - Illegally downloading CyCon music and other intellectual properties over the Planetary Datalinks.

14 - Being a highly irrational and emotional set of Fullhumans who cling to emotions out of archaic evolutionary tendencies, in spite of the glorious example set by the Consciousness.

15 - Repeatedly breaking the 48 hour time limit and averaging almost 60 hours to play turns over the last 3 months.

When the preceding parameters are entered into Cybernetic algorithms the output is undeniably....

CASUS BELLI
(though admittedly we don't have Ethical Calculus yet so we may have forgotten to carry the 3 over and the answer could in fact be 42)

Thus the Consciousness would appreciate if other factions remained neutral in this conflict, though we do encourage others to gift PEACE any technologies that we currently lack.

To PEACE we have sent this declaration of war:

WE ARE THE CONSCIOUSNESS
PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED
LOWER YOUR DEFENCES, AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS
WE WILL ADD YOUR TECHNOLOGICAL AND FINANCIAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN
YOUR LIFE, AS IT HAS BEEN, IS OVER
FROM THIS TIME FORWARD YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE OURS
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Oh by the way, a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Maniac; December 24, 2003 at 10:14.
Old December 18, 2003, 23:14   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Re: Re: Declaration of War
I like it, but can we call it "The Trial of PEACE" or something. Has more zing

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
9 - Having really nice bases with lots of bonus tiles nearby (thanks Googlie ).
They'll think Googlie has been cheating. Take that bit out. Indeed, maybe take it all out

Quote:
13 - Illegally downloading CyCon music and other intellectual properties over the Planetary Datalinks.
Won't they start to rant then about how we stole their intellectual property Doc:Ini?
No, it's obviously RP, and this is just a fun thing that's semi-serious. Everyone knows of the last deal. We don't care if they bring it up.

Quote:
Thus the Consciousness would appreciate if other factions remained neutral in this conflict, though we do encourage others to gift PEACE any technologies that we currently lack.
Love it!

Quote:
To PEACE we have sent this declaration of war:

WE ARE THE CONSCIOUSNESS
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
Can I change this a little?

Old December 18, 2003, 23:20   #8
Drogue
staff

Actually, I like the last bit. It does rub their faces in it. Though I do think we should end it with God's final message to his creation: "we apologise for the inconvenience"

Old December 19, 2003, 01:11   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:48
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Re: Re: Declaration of War
Quote:
Won't they start to rant then about how we stole their intellectual property Doc:Ini?
Excellent! I would love to see them tell us this.

And to PEACE I was thinking (especially since we want to at least have some of them consider asking to join us afterwards) we should send a more regretful sort of message. That this is the logical course of action, and we wished them no harm yet were sufficiently threatened by their past actions to consider it best that their threat be reduced. We should wish them luck in their battles ahead and ask them to consider the logic of our decision.

None of this means much of course, but if we're a little nice about it to them then we may end up with some of them wanting to join their magnanimous-sounding betters. We don't need to let them in, of course, but another option is always a better thing to have. Maybe politeness will do nothing, but it is less likely to turn them off completely to us than something almost gloating would.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 19, 2003, 06:00   #10
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 15:48
Maybe it would be better to seperate the real casus belli reasons (1-6) from the fluffy, fun-orientated ones (the rest ).

That would make even more clear that we have a good reason to go to war (that we're actually not the aggressors) and it's really important for diplomacy towards other factions (thinking towards PuT and Drones now, because it's clear where the others stand )
Old December 19, 2003, 14:51   #11
Impaler[WrG]
King

I think people can distinguish the Real ones from the Fluff and will know the fluff is just their to be fluffy (for maximum fluffyness )

Also we need to remember to put Merry Christmas in their some ware (at the end I think) as this Declaration will likly be Posted Days before Christmas.

Also we should ancourage Googlie to make his rulling about the assimilation of concoured factions at this time so that PEACE member know even as they are being crushed that their is still hope of future partispation in the game, otherwise they might become demoralized and quit, costing the game valuable players.
Old December 20, 2003, 16:01   #12
Maniac

Quote:
I like it, but can we call it "The Trial of PEACE" or something.
Edited.

Quote:
They'll think Googlie has been cheating. Take that bit out. Indeed, maybe take it all out
I have merged "9 - Having really nice bases" and "10 - Having weak defences." into:
"10 - Having rich and fertile yet weakly defended bases."
Is that ok? I also added a new casus belli 7 btw if it's ok.

Quote:
"we apologise for the inconvenience"
Quote:
Also we need to remember to put Merry Christmas in their some ware
Which one should be added? Or both in some way?

Oh yes, I agree with MWIA we should send some informal message to eg Hercules too. Tell them why and when we decided to go to war etc...

Edit: Btw, how about including some battle-inspiring midi sound file in the declaration of war thread? Corellion made a suggestion a while back in the PEACE diplomatic exchanges thread IIRC, but he deleted the file some time later.
Old December 20, 2003, 17:24   #13
Drogue
staff

I agree with Impaler on all. I would like to gloat a little though

As for letting them in, I will go with the consensus, with the exception of JDM, who will not be granted entry to our forums. If any do wish to join, we will have to delete some of the more seisitive messages.

Also, IIRC there is a bug that defeated factions have to destroy their last base. Perhaps we should consider which one to take last, if that is the case.

Old December 20, 2003, 17:33   #14
Drogue
staff

Quote:
I have merged "9 - Having really nice bases" and "10 - Having weak defences." into:
"10 - Having rich and fertile yet weakly defended bases."
Is that ok?
I prefered it before, I thought they were seperate points. However either is OK by me.

Quote:
I also added a new casus belli 7 btw if it's ok.
Looks good

Quote:
Which one should be added? Or both in some way?
Quote:
WE ARE THE CYBERNETIC CONSCIOUSNESS
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
If this is possible, I would ask Googlie to post the last bit on their forum as a message from us. Saves us sending it to their leaders, it is then sent to the whole faction. Then we could put the
Quote:
we apologise for the inconvenience
in context, as it is "God's final message to his creation" from the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Also, please not I have changed the first line from "Conciousness" to "Cybernetic Conciousness". Is that ok?

Quote:
Oh yes, I agree with MWIA we should send some informal message to eg Hercules too. Tell them why and when we decided to go to war etc...
For fun!

Quote:
Edit: Btw, how about including some battle-inspiring midi sound file in the declaration of war thread? Corellion made a suggestion a while back in the PEACE diplomatic exchanges thread IIRC, but he deleted the file some time later.
No. Personally, I hate midi, and I know some people close pages that have it on. I listen to music at the same time as I read 'Poly, so midi too is awful. Please don't.