Old February 23, 2004, 17:09   #31
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 10:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Garth Vader
Ok I don't usually use them on BS, but I use Titians a lot.

What is the CP cap? I usually have a smallish fleet.
CP = command points. You know, how many starbases and what tech you have determines how many ships you can have (without paying extra).

Since I will only have starbases, it can be a problem until I get lots of planets. You could pay the extra or raise taxes, but that is not my style. So I may slow my ship building way down for a time.

At that point if I lose a battleship, it is not concern. It just means I can now build a new one.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2004, 04:56   #32
Admiral Sparky
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Whoha
wouldn't heavy autofire AP mass drivers be better then env fusion beams at the appropriate tech levels vs class 3 shields? considering that the drivers hit 1 shield face rather then all of them
Actually, knocking down all 4 shield facings causes them to regenerate a HELL of a lot slower, which means that over the long run, you spend less time wearing down shields. And AP is crap vs. Heavy Armor and/or Reinforced Hull.
Admiral Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2004, 05:07   #33
Iasius
Warlord

Local Time: 14:48
Shields regenerate by 30% IIRC, but this is only for one side, so if you knock out frontal shields they'll be back to 30% next turn. If you knock out all shields they'll all be back to 7.5% next turn.
It doesn't make much difference if you use enveloping or other weapons against regenerating shields, the damage they can take after they've been down is the same. The initial damage they can take is higher for enveloping weapons though.
I've been playing telepathic a lot lately, so I always go with fusion beams instead of rifles and I select shields or ecm jammer instead of mass driver therefore I've been using fusion beams a lot lately. They are also nice for to OBCV because they can be continous which adds +25 instead of autofire which subtracts 20 and your miniturization path also includes battle scanners.
If I'm creative I usually use mass drivers though.
Iasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2004, 11:45   #34
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 08:48
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1

CP = command points. You know, how many starbases and what tech you have determines how many ships you can have (without paying extra).

Since I will only have starbases, it can be a problem until I get lots of planets. You could pay the extra or raise taxes, but that is not my style. So I may slow my ship building way down for a time.

At that point if I lose a battleship, it is not concern. It just means I can now build a new one.
I know what CP means When you said cap I thought you were referring to the max possible, not just the free max at the time
Old February 24, 2004, 18:36   #35
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 10:48
Sorry, I should have realized that. Some times I engage everything, but my brain.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote